My Little Pony Discussion thread
May 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #31 of 779
^ Lol.

I think it's great we can talk ponies again. I wasn't a member at the time, so I wasn't a part of the last thread, but I followed it pretty closely starting like last December. But, what I wanted to say was about the This Day song in the last episode. It's awesome. I keep playing it over and over again.

May 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #32 of 779
Quote:
yay! now i can talk about ponies again.
thing though, i haven't watched the show since the dragon migration episode. need to catch up on it.

Same here. Although, A Canterlot Wedding is the only one haven't seen. I held off on it, because I thought it was going to take a while and that the 2 parts would be aired separately (in different weeks). Since then, I almost forgot about it. I don't know what happened to get the last thread locked, but hopefully this one stays. And thanks for the PMs Tilpo

May 2, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #33 of 779
I have updated the OP.

Khaos suggested the most likely reason the old thread got locked is because of distribution of copyrighted material. Therefore please don't post any download links to episodes, as this would be against the TOS.
Fan art/fiction is allowed.

To Head Injury's suggestion I have also stated in the OP that trolling will be reported. Being curious is fine, but politeness is required.
A good example of what not to do is when a member posted in the anime discussion lounge something along the lines of "this must be where all the virgins meet".

May 2, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #34 of 779
I need to watch A Canterlot Wedding a second time to be sure, but I actually didn't like it as much as a lot of people seemed to. I actually think a lot of it was because it felt more like a Disney movie and less like the normal show that I like so much.

Still, double episode with lots of songs and epic villain, it'll probably grow on me. For me I doubt the Discord episodes will be topped any time soon though.

...and now the wait for season 3 begins.

May 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #35 of 779
Thanks for the heads up Tilpo on the new thread. Had to skip over some posts because I still haven't totally caught up yet on S2. SOON though, after finals and stuff.

Seems we are all posting these, so I'll include mine:

May 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #36 of 779
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony_%28TV_series%29

This is the only My Little Pony I was really in to, the 80's one. Heck my Aunt had a TON of the 80's toys from when her daughter was a kid. An when I was younger... OMG SO MUCH FUN

But I've seen a little bit of the new series... and there's a hard core Bronie in my school >.>

May 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #37 of 779
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony_%28TV_series%29

This is the only My Little Pony I was really in to, the 80's one. Heck my Aunt had a TON of the 80's toys from when her daughter was a kid. An when I was younger... OMG SO MUCH FUN

But I've seen a little bit of the new series... and there's a hard core Bronie in my school >.>

The two are different but not completely so. The first generation had it's own merits. However due to the look and overall tonality it was unable to break gender barriers as generation 4 has. That is what makes friendship is magic so special. I watched GI Joe as a kid and thought my little pony was too girly and never gave it a shot. In fact, if you told me a year ago that I'd be a fan of my little pony I'd have accused you of drug use. But after watching friendship is magic and cr's reviews, I decided to give the other generations a shot. And though they didn't click well with me I saw the appeal for the target audience for the most part. So tough I'm not a fan of the entire franchise,I can at least appreciate it better than my other male peers whom have never looked at it because they probably view it as an affront to their manhood.

May 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #38 of 779
The two are different but not completely so. The first generation had it's own merits. However due to the look and overall tonality it was unable to break gender barriers as generation 4 has. That is what makes friendship is magic so special. I watched GI Joe as a kid and thought my little pony was too girly and never gave it a shot. In fact, if you told me a year ago that I'd be a fan of my little pony I'd have accused you of drug use. But after watching friendship is magic and cr's reviews, I decided to give the other generations a shot. And though they didn't click well with me I saw the appeal for the target audience for the most part. So tough I'm not a fan of the entire franchise,I can at least appreciate it better than my other male peers whom have never looked at it because they probably view it as an affront to their manhood.

They are just being stubborn. :D

I have one quite active brony as a friend, and one female (how do you call a female brony anyway?)
Additonally we have together convinced several others to watch the show, some of them though it was OK, whereas others just dumped it right after the first or second episode.

I for one felt as if liking this show would perfectly fit my personality, and hence I decided to watch it and liked it.
Same thing happened to me with anime, I thought liking anime would fit my personality, so I watched it and liked it.

May 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #39 of 779
Female fans are also generally called bronies. However some prefer the term "pegasister".

May 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #41 of 779
Female fans are also generally called bronies. However some prefer the term "pegasister".

Pegastister. I new there was a better term, now I remember.

I actually regard it as a worse term. One of the greatest parts of this fandom is gender neutrality. So one encompassing term is better than two gender specific terms.

May 2, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #42 of 779
Yea my bronie pal made me watch an episode with him, it was pretty solid! I watched a lot of the "female auidance geared" cartoons when I was growing up as well [since we lacked cable and fox was all we got] so I could very easily be a Bronie, but I like more realism than I do fantasy... which I why I draw realism now... as when I was younger I drew Fantasy.

Still It's enjoyable when I watch it [GI Joe Rengades is pretty good as well, looking forward to the new movie]

May 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #45 of 779
Yeah, I think the ability to cross gender lines is something that is pretty cool about this show. And about the Disney comment, yeah, I can see where you're coming from with that. I think Head Injury said something like that as well, about it being Disney like. I agree. But it caught me so off guard, I was taken aback. I thought it was a cool episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back