My Little Pony Discussion thread
May 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #16 of 779
I took the test and it told me I was most like Rainbow Dash. I'm a little surprised at that, I don't think I'd compare with Rainbow. But I guess I do! Lol. I can't post the picture in here for whatever reason. Anyway, good call on messaging others. Maybe we can get this in gear like the last one.

EDIT - Two pages! And lol at that list of messages.

May 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #20 of 779
Huh. Now I can maybe stick around. I would add a disclaimer to the OP that trolling won't be allowed. The policy should be report on sight, unless the poster is actually curious and is requesting information to turn himself around.

I've taken the personality test a couple times and always get biased toward Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Twilight I can understand, but I'm not sure how a competition-hating shut-in like myself gets RD.

And on the subject of A Canterlot Wedding, it was INCREDIBLE. It's a tough fight between it and Hurricane Fluttershy for my favorite episode. As a Head-Fier one thing I loved in particular was the music this time around. Daniel Ingram and William Anderson both outdid themselves.

The whole episode had a wonderful Disney-esque sense of epicness to it. Meghan McCarthy has solidified herself as my favorite writer on the staff. If anyone asks me what episode they should watch to get into the show, I would unabashedly suggest these two.

Also Queen Chrysalis is awesome. I got chills at the end of the first episode, and when she finally revealed herself at the wedding. I think she also broke records for sheer volume of art generated in such a short time span. A week and a half after the episode airs, and I have over 200 assorted images featuring her.

And yes, this means I'm still a huge fan of the show.

May 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #21 of 779
Hey Head Injury. Good to see you here. Yeah, that episode was amazing. I watched it twice, I was really taken aback. It was epic. And yes! You reminded me of that episode, Hurricane Fluttershy. That was amazing as well. I've always loved it when stuff like that happened in shows or movies or something, and when Fluttershy put on those goggles I almost got goosebumps. Lol.

May 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #22 of 779
Hmm...

This is what I got.

May 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #24 of 779
Canterlot Wedding was indeed fantastic. Queen Chrysalis is a BA villain. But Discord is still my favorite, though I might be biased due to my past affiliation as a Trekkie.

May 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #25 of 779
Quote:
That's interesting. I thought about taking the test again, because I agree with what Head Injury said, I can't see myself aligning with RD.

A lot of questions are probably weighted toward RD even if they don't seem it. And then there are others (I think there's a question about pets with a Scootaloo answer I always pick) that will swing things her way.

Since the last thread was closed, I've made quite a few vectors and really polished up my Inkscape skills. I can't remember how many I've posted on these forums. Here's some of the more ambitious ones I've tried.

(this one took forever)

If you've got requests I might consider them. I'll be very busy these next couple weeks though.

May 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #26 of 779

These were my results... Twilight Sparkle... no surprise...

May 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #27 of 779
Quote:
A lot of questions are probably weighted toward RD even if they don't seem it. And then there are others (I think there's a question about pets with a Scootaloo answer I always pick) that will swing things her way.

Since the last thread was closed, I've made quite a few vectors and really polished up my Inkscape skills. I can't remember how many I've posted on these forums. Here's some of the more ambitious ones I've tried.

Yeah, I can agree with the questions weighted thing. That's a good call. Also, the answer with Scootaloo. I lol'd when I first saw that as an option.

But, this Inkscape thing interests me. I never knew about it. I'm still not even sure what it is lol. Those pics you posted look so legit, I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be looking for.

May 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #28 of 779

Quote:
But, this Inkscape thing interests me. I never knew about it. I'm still not even sure what it is lol. Those pics you posted look so legit, I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be looking for.

http://inkscape.org/ and FAQ

It's a program for creating vector graphics, which are basically images drawn using points and curves between the points. They have a real advantage in that you can make them as big as you want using the original vector file, and they won't get blurry. That's why they're also called "scalable" graphics. It's how the actual show's graphics are made (though they're made in Flash). Lots of people take screenshots, then trace over them using a program like Inkscape to create vectors. Other people create their own poses, which is a lot harder. I've dabbled in that only so far as parts of the Fluttershy image I posted were obscured by a doorframe and I redrew them myself.

Here's a huge number of them on DeviantArt. I haven't submitted anything yet myself.

May 1, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #29 of 779
yay! now i can talk about ponies again.

thing though, i haven't watched the show since the dragon migration episode. need to catch up on it.

May 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #30 of 779
Made this a while ago.

Hey featherbrains,

My name is Derpy, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, dumb, no-life ponies who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass clop fictions. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any mares? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than clopping to pictures on ponyhoof.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was employee of the month at Equestria daily, and VIP at my local bakery. What VIP card do you have, other than "PlayBrony lifetime VIP"? I also get straight A's, and have lots of banging hot muffin (I just ate one; **** was SO cash). You are all featherbrains who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic related, one of my many muffins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back