my little pony appreciation thread
Oct 21, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #468 of 1,413
I finally gave the show a fair shot, and watched my typical 5 episode run... I ended up watching all of them.

I'm not going to say it is amazing, but I was surprised that a lot of the main jokes are not geared toward any one gender. That said, it isn't a bad show, but it isn't amazing either. It is reminiscent of the type of show that would be in the 90s, but a bit more lighthearted. 

I think I liked about 7 episodes completely. The rest were entertaining enough for me to not stop or skip through them. Which isn't bad considering the targeted demographic. I can see why it has a wide range of appeal.

What I STILL don't understand is the crazy obsession though... I still think there are superior cartoons out there that don't get the attention that MLP:FiM gets. But hey... that's the internet for you...

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #469 of 1,413
The show is good but to be honest I like the art style more than anything.

And stop generating ponies. They look...off.

Quote:
I finally gave the show a fair shot, and watched my typical 5 episode run... I ended up watching all of them.

I'm not going to say it is amazing, but I was surprised that a lot of the main jokes are not geared toward any one gender. That said, it isn't a bad show, but it isn't amazing either. It is reminiscent of the type of show that would be in the 90s, but a bit more lighthearted. 

I think I liked about 7 episodes completely. The rest were entertaining enough for me to not stop or skip through them. Which isn't bad considering the targeted demographic. I can see why it has a wide range of appeal.

What I STILL don't understand is the crazy obsession though... I still think there are superior cartoons out there that don't get the attention that MLP:FiM gets. But hey... that's the internet for you...

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #470 of 1,413
I just found out what a clopper is 
mad.gif

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #471 of 1,413
Quote:

I think I liked about 7 episodes completely. The rest were entertaining enough for me to not stop or skip through them. Which isn't bad considering the targeted demographic. I can see why it has a wide range of appeal.What I STILL don't understand is the crazy obsession though... I still think there are superior cartoons out there that don't get the attention that MLP:FiM gets. But hey... that's the internet for you...

The obsession is from the community itself and the content it creates. 

The show's still my favorite cartoon, and favorite show in general (I don't watch TV), but the only reason I keep watching it is because the community keeps me interested. I can't stop thinking about ponies because of it. From there, the wonderful "mere exposure effect" kicks in 
wink.gif

Quote:
mad.gif

Yes, we all have to discover the darker side of the fandom at some point 
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #472 of 1,413
mad.gif

lol. i knew what it was before i even watched the show. remember, rainbow dash is watching you clop.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #476 of 1,413
10693f8b_ceiling_pony2CLOP.jpg

44229-dashiekeyboardrainbow_dashCLOP.jpg

made these real quick in paint.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #477 of 1,413
The whole clop crap is one of the things scaring me about watching this show. Good thing i got over the fact there is sick people out there.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #478 of 1,413
loosen up man it's just a joke among the interwebz. i mean people clopping to stuff doesn't bother me. i mean it's weird but i don't let things get to me so easily.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #479 of 1,413
Quote:
The whole clop crap is one of the things scaring me about watching this show. Good thing i got over the fact there is sick people out there.

Every fandom has its extremists, and more often than not they're the vocal minority. The MLP fandom simply has its roots in 4chan, so the extremists yell really loud.

I don't mind it. Heck, I'll download a mildly suggestive image from a Drawfriend post if the art is good. I draw the line at blatant shipping images and that lingerie crap. That's creepy 
mad.gif

This is about the most suggestive I get, barring a few comics where it's obviously played for humor:

I can't believe we're less than 12 hours away from what may be the best episode yet, and no one's discussing it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back