my little pony appreciation thread
Oct 16, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #436 of 1,413
Oct 16, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #438 of 1,413

Quote:

Awesome article buffalo! It's too bad he doesn't have a job tho... 

I thought you were leaving Head-fi for a little while? 
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #439 of 1,413
i'm probably the most manliest and prideful person around and i have no shame admitting i really enjoy the show. i don't see why it's so difficult for people to be themselves. i think i blame the mtv pop culture(or whatever it is nowadays).

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #440 of 1,413

Quote:
i'm probably the most manliest and prideful person around and i have no shame admitting i really enjoy the show. i don't see why it's so difficult for people to be themselves. i think i blame the mtv pop culture(or whatever it is nowadays).

Men like to act big and tough to put an impression on their friends. They hate to do or watch anything which could taint that image. I have personally noticed women are more accepting of these things. Take anime for example. I love anime yet most people who know me don't know that. I don't talk about it because of a few reasons.
1) The art is very cute and girly to me.
2)Type anime into google without safe search on, to much stuff nsfw
3)Anime is geeky and i don't want to be considered a geek (yes I do worry about my image amongst people)

For those reasons i won't admit i like anime. Same will stand for Friendship is magic.

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #441 of 1,413
Men like to act big and tough to put an impression on their friends. They hate to do or watch anything which could taint that image. I have personally noticed women are more accepting of these things. Take anime for example. I love anime yet most people who know me don't know that. I don't talk about it because of a few reasons.
1) The art is very cute and girly to me.
2)Type anime into google without safe search on, to much stuff nsfw
3)Anime is geeky and i don't want to be considered a geek (yes I do worry about my image amongst people)

For those reasons i won't admit i like anime. Same will stand for Friendship is magic.

well that's dumb. in my whole life i never once tried acting tough. i also find nothing wrong with anime...i wouldn't call anime cute or girly cause i seen some messed up anime and i'm not big fan of it. i do like lot of psychological/complex/mystery/horror type ones where i like to get my mind blown and force myself into complex thinking trying to figure out what just happened.

i just have no problem admitting i like something and if one of my friends disagree,it doesn't bother me one bit.

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #443 of 1,413
Or Elfen Lied...Or Cowboy Bebop...Or Black Lagoon...

There's plenty of not girly anime. I've never really had that stereotype thrown at me...Most of the people that would make fun of me for watching anime only know about crap like DBZ and Gundam.

If someone calls you out for watching little girl anime...they watch too much anime.

Quote:
If someone calls you out for watching "girly" anime, just show them something like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Likewise, if someone calls you out for watching "girly" MLP, just show them this latest episode 
biggrin.gif

Spoiler if you haven't seen it.

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #444 of 1,413

Quote:
Or Elfen Lied...Or Cowboy Bebop...Or Black Lagoon...

There's plenty of not girly anime. I've never really had that stereotype thrown at me...Most of the people that would make fun of me for watching anime only know about crap like DBZ and Gundam.

If someone calls you out for watching little girl anime...they watch too much anime. 

I care more about the pedophile stereotype tied to anime then anything.

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #445 of 1,413

Quote:
If someone calls you out for watching "girly" anime, just show them something like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Likewise, if someone calls you out for watching "girly" MLP, just show them this latest episode 
biggrin.gif

Spoiler if you haven't seen it.

That definitely doesn't look like a little girls show.

Oct 17, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #448 of 1,413
^^All of the episodes from Season 1 and the episodes to date for Season 2 (Ep 3) Are all on youtube right now in 720p broadcast.

Oct 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #449 of 1,413
Turns out Lesson Zero repeated again today at 11:30 a.m. I managed to catch it. While I loved it the first time I saw it, as I reflected on it later in the weekend I started to think that maybe they went overboard with the humor and wackiness. It didn't feel like the old episodes.

That fear was averted today. The episode is golden, no doubt in my mind. The funniest episode yet to be sure, though not as good overall as S2E2 or some of my favorites from S1. Too much time spent on Ponychan and reading EQD comments made me forget how well they built Twilight's freakout up. It's gradual and effective, not rushed or over-the-top like some of the neighsayers claim. Yes, maybe they did go a little overboard with some of her facial expressions.

Still, season 2 is looking up. The next one will be the real test. If they screw up the incredible potential of Halloween + Luna, I will be sad. Fingers crossed for a song in that episode!

Oct 18, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #450 of 1,413
Omg this is perfect. It fits so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back