My IEM Round-Up (64 Earphones Compared with a LOT MORE Coming)
Nov 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #182 of 202
Quote:
Hey Swim, could you compare your Cosmic Ears IEMs to the 4.Ai?

The Single BA is adrift in terms of overall performance but is colder than the 4.Ai as it does not have the warmth of the extra mid bass it has. Sub bass extension is better on the 4.Ai. Mids are very transparent on both but timbre is better on 4.Ai. Highs have to be a bit smoother on the CE and with similar extension. The CE basically are not as good but more analytical with a colder sound and great detail but they are a third of the price and a great entry level CIEM, well the best i think and also a great compitor of the price range.

Have already compared to the HY3XB

Heir Audio 4.Ai:

Here they are going up against my current favourite universal IEM. It costs £250 but importing it into the UK with shipping and tax you will be set back at least £350 making this actually a fair bit more than the HY3XB all in. As for packages the Heir is better, you get an otter box and some accessories and the monitors have a wood faceplate that is a beautiful. Cosmic do have a more portable case but do not have any accessories such as the bands at cleaning tool the Heir has, but then at the same time you are getting a CIEM and it is made for YOU so there are swings and round ‘a’ bouts.

The first song I A/Bed this to is Tracy Chapman’s Behind the Wall that is a cappella. Now this is just a woman’s vocals and it lets the HY3XB to not be influenced by the bass and compare mids in a different way. The Heir’s were only a touch nicer with more body and character to them and a more natural tone.

I then moved on to a Victim of Love by the Eagles and the mids instantly become more apparently better on the 4.Ai’s. They are clearer, more transparent and have an abundance of micro details in comparison. They also much more intimate on the 4.Ai.

Soundstage between the two is quite close and the HY3XB is bigger with more width being the most obvious difference but there is less depth with it. However the Heir is a lot more airy and has hugely better imaging that is pinpoint accurate of the Heir and a bit smudged on the HY3XB.

Bass here is two different beasts. The Heir have a slight boost in this area, just sitting ever so slightly above neutral and hitting very fast while maintaining an extension that does not quite rumble but is well textured. The HY3XB rumbles a lot more is, more powerful in this are but is also slower, boomier and more dominant. One if for bass lovers and the other is pretty much perceived as neutral and is technically great. The HY3XB is AMAZING for EDM and Dubstep while this is an area not suited for the 4.Ai but the bass is more tuned for any other genre on the 4.Ai maybe excluding pop.

Treble is better extended more sparkly and brighter on the 4.Ai but edgier and not as smooth.

The 4.Ai is technically superior, it sounds better to me because it is a lot more suited to my preferences but it is more expensive and to be honest they are two different things and not really made to compete as the sound signature is so different.

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #183 of 202
Fantastic, thanks for that. iirc you said in the cosmic thread you will be getting the BA4? Can't wait to see how those compare as well...seems like they will likely be more similar.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #185 of 202
It's looking like I'm gonna take a big dive into the unknown and grab the Dream Earz 7X. From the limited impressions I've gotten from ChrisSC, they seem very similar to 8.As, with a bit smaller soundstage.  

I'll probably write my first lengthy review on them since they'll be my first CIEMs  :) Although I'm not fluent in audio jargon yet so it won't be on average_joe's level. But hopefully it helps others in the same market.

Nov 26, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #186 of 202
Fair enough, i hope your are happy and have seen you have really been thinking about where to go. Well i look forward to you getting them and let me know when they arrive, be it through PM or what not!

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #189 of 202
Hey Sonny,  awesome table there
beerchug.gif

how would you compare mh1c with TF10's?
i know the price difference is huge anyway, but i just wanted to know about your opinion.
my priority is about instrument separation and mostly guitar and soundstage too.

i first considered TDK BA200 but then wanted detachable cable, hence TF10.

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #190 of 202
Need a Hifiman in there :wink:

Great table btw. If the soundstage on the Rock-It R-50 is as good as you say, it may replace my RE-262.

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #191 of 202
Quote:
Need a Hifiman in there :wink:

Great table btw. If the soundstage on the Rock-It R-50 is as good as you say, it may replace my RE-262.

The RE262 is on there!

The R50 sound stage is 3d and accurate but there is bigger. I so not know the 262 well enough to compare sizes but  i think 262 is bigger. They are different styles and personally i prefer 262 although technicaly i think the r50 may clinch things!
Quote:
Hey Sonny,  awesome table there
beerchug.gif

how would you compare mh1c with TF10's?
i know the price difference is huge anyway, but i just wanted to know about your opinion.
my priority is about instrument separation and mostly guitar and soundstage too.

i first considered TDK BA200 but then wanted detachable cable, hence TF10.

I think the TF10 are just generally a better phone and the MH1C are one really better in sub bass extension. For what you want the TF10 are better but fit can be a problem and this all makes the MH1c score some points. Overall with usability included i would actually take the MH1c/

BA200 would be the choice of em all!

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #194 of 202
May I suggest posting a link here everytime you update the main site then?

Cheers

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #195 of 202
Fantastic effort but I'm a bit surprised by some of the scores.
The GR06 and GR07 have noticeable cable noise and got a perfect 10 for microphonics and the Rockit R-50 who have nonexistent cable noise got 8.5? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back