Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)
Sep 9, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #511 of 714
Sep 9, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #512 of 714
  I will be bringing my Alpha Dogs, think there will be Audeze X's and ZMF's.

yes, there will be an lcd  x there, and i believe it will be available if someone really digs it !

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #513 of 714
I think the LCD-X (open) is coming, but to my knowledge nobody is bringing the LCD-XC (closed). Too bad, as I would really like to hear the XC!!

I'm very much into closed cans myself, and fortunately there are going to be a number of good to excellent closed cans at the meet, starting with good portables like the Beyerdynamic T51i/p and Sennheiser Amperior into the higher-end stuff like the ZMF V1, ZMF Vibro, Beyerdynamic T5p, Paradox Slant (I'm personally very excited about this  one), Mr Speakers Alpha Dogs, Denon D2000 (although these don't isolate super well, they're supposed to be incredibly fun), Darth Beyers (sweet!), and who knows what else. There are some notable closed headphones that don't appear to be making the trip (Smeggy T50rp mods, Ultrasone Edition 8 / Signature Pro / Signature DJ, Audeze LCD-XC, etc), but overall closed cans should be pretty well represented.

The Vibro had a really fun sound signature last time, and that fact that we'll be able to adjust the bass down to being a bit more neutral for this meet along with the new, slightly brighter tuning from Zach means these should be serious contenders. (Check out the Vibro thread for some of the reviews and impressions that sucker is getting). The Alpha Dogs were also very impressive last time, and will cause my wallet to be on high alert throughout this meet.

There just aren't enough truly great closed headphones in this world, and any time I get a chance to listen to more of 'em, I jump all over it :wink:.

Sep 9, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #515 of 714
Sep 10, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #521 of 714
Zach of ZMF Headphones is going to be sending us two Vibros this time, so it should be easier to make sure anybody interested gets a listen, and it'll also be good for comparing different setups if anybody wants to do that. He's probably also going to be sending a V1 Master model, which I was so impressed with last time. Plus, looks like there might be a discount on ZMF cans for meet attendees, which is pretty awesome IMO-- so for those of you who get as carried away by the SQ-per-dollar-spent as we were last year, you'll get to squeeze even a little bit more value out for your dough :wink:.

Also, I'm listening to the (not yet burned-in) HE-560 now, and while it's too early for definitive statements, here are a couple of early impressions:
  1. This is way lighter and much more comfortable than a stock HE-6.
  2. It doesn't look as bad as some people have said it does; I actually kind of like it. I can see where it wouldn't fit some aesthetic senses though.
  3. The presentations of both the HE-560 and HE-400i are quite nice. The wood box on the HE-560 looks pretty sweet, and the HE-400i box is roughly on par with what my HE-6 came in, so that should add to the pride of ownership a bit.
  4. The HE-560 sounds really, really good. Don't know at this point if I'd go as far as saying I like it better than the HE-6, but I don't have it on the same setup as the HE-6 at the moment either, so it isn't a fair comparison.
  5. The HE-560 definitely carries on the "difficult to drive" torch from its big brother. Driven from the SE headphone output on the ludicrously powerful Audio-gd Master 8, I actually maxxed out the volume on some tracks-- and this coming from the guy that apparently listens to music at like 10 notches below average, and 50 notches below some of our iron-eared brethren around here. I'm currently listening to Opeth's Pale Communion at 21/70 volume, but it blew my mind that I could have something that high without my ears bleeding.

Anyway, I should probably get my workout in and head to work. Hope y'all have a great one today!!

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #522 of 714
please disregard any previous comments by me regarding me not making any moves until the meet has passed, (like y'all took it seriously to begin with)
also, the bryston bha-1 should be there, yes, i sold mine, and turned right around and got another(newer) one at almost the same price i sold mine for, it should ship today.
also to ad to my already deserved lable "king of rebuying already owned gear" the guy i sold my mad ear+hd was not happy with it, soooooooo, there's a chance it will make an appearance.
there is also a chance that the lcd x may be sold, BUT if so, i'm going to try and see if the buyer will wait until after the meet.
all that being said, the gs1000e, the wadia 121, and myself WILL BE THERE !!!

joed, don't sell the 500's before the meet, or the pan am ! really want to hear those bud !

can't wait to hear the hifimen either

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #523 of 714
  please disregard any previous comments by me regarding me not making any moves until the meet has passed, (like y'all took it seriously to begin with)
also, the bryston bha-1 should be there, yes, i sold mine, and turned right around and got another(newer) one at almost the same price i sold mine for, it should ship today.
also to ad to my already deserved lable "king of rebuying already owned gear" the guy i sold my mad ear+hd was not happy with it, soooooooo, there's a chance it will make an appearance.
there is also a chance that the lcd x may be sold, BUT if so, i'm going to try and see if the buyer will wait until after the meet.

joed, don't sell the 500's before the meet, or the pan am ! really want to hear those bud !

jay?! rebuying ?! well I'll be danged.

No worries my friend, both of your requests will be there.

Also, did I read somewhere earlier that we should list things we intend to bring that will be for sale? I've got a few things I'd like to move...

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #524 of 714

Lol! I knew you couldn't hold out forever, Jay :p

Brother, whatever you do or don't have when you show up, we'll just be glad to have ya there:wink:

jay?! rebuying ?! well I'll be danged.

No worries my friend, both of your requests will be there.

Also, did I read somewhere earlier that we should list things we intend to bring that will be for sale? I've got a few things I'd like to move...

Yeah, I haven't made a list yet, probably ought to start. I'm also gonna have little table cards people can use to identify gear, and I'm thinking anyone interested in selling a piece can put an asking price on there too. The meet is of course about getting to hear new stuff, but if we act as a match.com for people and gear, well, so much the better I'd say!

Post whatcha got and whatcha want and I'll get it organized and posted on the front page :wink:

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #525 of 714
Joe-

Please don't sell your P500's I would love to compare them to HF-2's
biggrin.gif
I'm looking forward to listening to them. Also, if you haven't sold your 702's by the meet - bring them- I might be interested in taking those off your hands
wink_face.gif
  Looking forward to hearing some really nice headphones. BTW Jay, it would be super sweet if you have that MAD for headphone meet. I have been dying to hear it some Grado's.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back