Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)
Sep 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #526 of 714
Theogenes,

I will have a Fiio E17 and an iFi iDSD Nano at the meeting F/S, price TBD.

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #527 of 714
Lol! I knew you couldn't hold out forever, Jay :p

Brother, whatever you do or don't have when you show up, we'll just be glad to have ya there:wink:
Yeah, I haven't made a list yet, probably ought to start. I'm also gonna have little table cards people can use to identify gear, and I'm thinking anyone interested in selling a piece can put an asking price on there too. The meet is of course about getting to hear new stuff, but if we act as a match.com for people and gear, well, so much the better I'd say!

Post whatcha got and whatcha want and I'll get it organized and posted on the front page :wink:

I'll be bringing the 702, 880, and Asgard 2 to sell.

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #528 of 714
I'll be bringing the 702, 880, and Asgard 2 to sell.

No way...I need to sell my 880s as well.  Time for some fierce price cutting competition.

Plus, mine are the premiums...you only have the piddly little pros 
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #530 of 714
  No way...I need to sell my 880s as well.  Time for some fierce price cutting competition.

Plus, mine are the premiums...you only have the piddly little pros 
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #531 of 714

Alright now...you're crossing a line here.

First you post that horrific image of Screech that I have to look at every time I look at this thread, and now you post a Steeler's pic knowing full well I'm a Bengals fan who despises the Steelers with the fiery passion of Hell.

Watch yourself, Theogenes.  
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #532 of 714
  Joe-

Please don't sell your P500's I would love to compare them to HF-2's
biggrin.gif
I'm looking forward to listening to them. Also, if you haven't sold your 702's by the meet - bring them- I might be interested in taking those off your hands
wink_face.gif
  Looking forward to hearing some really nice headphones. BTW Jay, it would be super sweet if you have that MAD for headphone meet. I have been dying to hear it some Grado's.....

keep fingers crossed !! my offer to buy back the MAD is only good if he ships by saturday, just waiting to hear from him

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #533 of 714

First you post that horrific image of Screech that I have to look at every time I look at this thread, and now you post a Steeler's pic knowing full well I'm a Bengals fan who despises the Steelers with the fiery passion of Hell.

tongue.gif

Love the Bengals, hate the Steelers, I too share that passion.
Sorry to go to off tangent but one of my favorite players of all time was Cris Collingsworth, I was in Indianapolis going to school and caught Coliingsworth live on WLW racing a horse, it was a 100 yard dash and his description of the race so ridiculously funny and cool, I had a feeling he would hit the big time. He's still my favorite broadcaster.

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #534 of 714

tongue.gif

Gotta admit, when I saw that Tomlin pic whilst scrolling through my "oh no you din'nt" options, I had a moment of devilish glee. I regret nothing.
evil_smiley.gif

keep fingers crossed !! my offer to buy back the MAD is only good if he ships by saturday, just waiting to hear from him

Fingers firmly crossed here. Really hope to hear one of these!!

Love the Bengals, hate the Steelers, I too share that passion.
Sorry to go to off tangent but one of my favorite players of all time was Cris Collingsworth, I was in Indianapolis going to school and caught Coliingsworth live on WLW racing a horse, it was a 100 yard dash and his description of the race so ridiculously funny and cool, I had a feeling he would hit the big time. He's still my favorite broadcaster.

You know, Collingsworth is one of the only commentators/announcers whose opinions I actually respect, and I make a point to listen to what he has to say. So many of those guys are just embarassing dullards and meatheads; it's nice to have someone with an understanding of the game, an ability to communicate that in a passably erudite manner, and an opinion that actually means something. Wish he did SEC games for damn sure.

Btw, applied for a position in Franklin today, so wish me luck! :)

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #537 of 714
  Ah, now that would be cool.

I could swing by and hog your equipment.

And also leave Florida Gator items on your front lawn.  
evil_smiley.gif

I have some very special Florida Gator items that we can share, Steve Spurrier's chin strap from his Heisman Season, 

then there is this:

and this:

and who can forget the Bullgator consoling the Phil & the Vols after another ass whooping:

evil_smiley.gif
MuhhaaaaMuhhhaaaaa

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #538 of 714
  I have some very special Florida Gator items that we can share, Steve Spurrier's chin strap from his Heisman Season, 

then there is this:

and this:

and who can forget the Bullgator consoling the Phil & the Vols after another ass whooping:

evil_smiley.gif
MuhhaaaaMuhhhaaaaa

What really stinks is Spurrier from E. TN, I hate the Gators

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #539 of 714
That he is, when I lived in Johnson City I caught a couple of games at Steve Spurrier Field. I was a very small child when he played for the Gators, but I remember the comparisons too him for all the Quarterbacks after his time. My hates are ASU, USC, The Big 10 and ND!!!

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #540 of 714
Too all of my Tennessee Brothers, I can get a bit carried away when it comes too Football, with a horribly ineffective sense of scale. I love the AZ Wildcats, grew up in Gainesville watching the Gators, hate USC, ASU, and the Big 10, viscerally. My lack of sensitivity gets in the way of me understand that Ya'll hate the Gators in the same way. I even had the Pastor, who did my third Baptism (long story), tell the Congregation that if he hadn't Baptized me himself, he would be worried about where I will end up. OK, my apologies for being way over the top trash talking, no more Gator stuff, will stick with Arizona who nobody in this part of the Country cares about.

Edit: whee to where:sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back