Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 29, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #196 of 16,931
My signature is always up to date so those are what I have
smily_headphones1.gif
I bought the dual BA iem by fischer audio which should come in a couple weeks. I'm quite happy with the CK10 but it is nice to have different sounds. I was hoping my next purchase would be a dynamic driver to have it all in BA, Dynamic and Hybrid (or moving coil or w/e it's called) but it wasn't meant to be and none of the dynamics really interest me (I've tried most of the good ones).

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #197 of 16,931
I'm quite fond of the RE252 and Eterna as far as dynamic IEMs go...and my OK1 as a bud. Frankly, I've held onto that bud over a lot of IEMs I've tried, and these newer dynamics like the RE252 and Eterna have really impressed me in terms of capability and range versus a lot of the older options. The tech just keeps getting better on both ends of the spectrum.

Apr 29, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #198 of 16,931
Those are probably the dynamic driver iem that interests me the most but still not very high. They sound too much like what I have and I was hoping to have some variety but not sure if I would be able to enjoy a different sound that often to buy one. No rush to make a decision so maybe something new will come out in the future that will spark my interest. Maybe I'll pick up the Eternas one of these days since it is relatively cheap.

May 1, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #200 of 16,931
Excellent review of ck100 joker.I am not a big fan of AT sound mainly because it is treble oriented and very sharp to my ears,although I miss the unbelievably transparent sound of ck10.I am stil waiting for my um3x to arrive and they are supposed to be very forward in the midrange and all my iems and full headphones are recessed in mids.if I like that kind of forward sound,I may get ck100 because I miss the AT transparent sound although I am still afraid they will have the same metallic treble as ck10.

May 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #201 of 16,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent review of ck100 joker.I am not a big fan of AT sound mainly because it is treble oriented and very sharp to my ears,although I miss the unbelievably transparent sound of ck10.I am stil waiting for my um3x to arrive and they are supposed to be very forward in the midrange and all my iems and full headphones are recessed in mids.if I like that kind of forward sound,I may get ck100 because I miss the AT transparent sound although I am still afraid they will have the same metallic treble as ck10.

Consider the CK90 Pro, which should be similar to the CK10 but a bit more blunted. You can adjust the treble to your taste by removing the foam...

May 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #202 of 16,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks. Personally, I don't think the CK100 is as strident in the treble as the CK10, especially not with a warm source. The CK100 is more shiny than sparkly, if that makes any sense (it almost doesn't to me
redface.gif
). But of course that midrange... it really makes or breaks the earphone depending on source and listener.

I agree with a_recording - the CK90Pro has less emphasized treble than the CK10/CK100 and a darker sound overall. But it's an odd one in that it has much harder-hitting bass but even shorter decay times than the CK10. I think the sound of the CK90Pro can potentially be more polarizing than that of the CK10
wink.gif

May 2, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #204 of 16,931
Update for today: Klipsch Custom 3

Still getting back on track after my HDD crash but expect more updates in the coming week
wink.gif

May 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #206 of 16,931
^ yes. One day I will gather up all of my dead drives and ship them back to their respective manufacturers in black boxes.

May 2, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #208 of 16,931
hm has the SQ rating for the RE0 and e-q7 changed? i remember the e-q7 being 10/10 and the RE0 being 9.5/10.

just throwing a thought out there, but maybe when you change ratings, document it and give a reason as to why it changed. it may be helpful for people who are using the review as a guideline
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #210 of 16,931
Looks like some of the sound rankings were changed indeed. The e-Q7 was definitely a 10 previously but I guess it's subject to change as joker hears better iem's?

The CK100 mids definitely make or break it for a user imo. It didn't break it for me but at the same time didn't make it. If I owned it for say a month I'm not sure I would like the mids compared to a shorter period of time since forward mids isn't something I like most of the time.

The CK90PRO would be such a winner if it wasn't for that crappy cable. I have no idea how a company that makes the best iem cable imo in the CK100 and CK10 coming very close can make such a bad one in the CK90PRO when that one is supposed to be pretty up there in their iem products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back