Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Mar 10, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #1,891 of 8,051
  Just curious for those that recently received theirs, when did you order? I know you had to ship internationally so probably a while ago but wondering when last these were in stock. Cheers

I did order them maybe a couple of hours after they have been available and I am still waiting for them to be delivered !!! (EU ... and very disappointing eBay global shipping program ...) They entered the country and passed customs already so I should get them by Monday I assume :frowning2:

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #1,892 of 8,051
  Where did you get the cable from?  And what's thingiverse?  Thanks!

Martinrm, greetings, and nice photos.

Do you have a link to where one could source those cables?
The connectors going into the earcups look better than any I've seen on photos.

I haven't got my M1060's yet but have previously twice ordered MMCX cables for some Onkyo 'phones, and both cables were so bad as to be unusable.

Many thanks, and very glad that you're happily enjoying your new headphones!

Be well..

The cables were custom ordered from mscheng8@gmail.com, they come from china and are fairly inexpensive. I asked her for expedited shipping and they shipped March 8th and were delivered March 9th.

If you contact her, choose the termination types (for me I did MMCX -> 4 pin XLR), length, cable type (POCC or Silver plated). She's pretty flexible, I've asked for some fairly esoteric cables in the past and she's accommodated. 
Tell her Martin sent you
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #1,893 of 8,051

The cables were custom ordered from mscheng8@gmail.com, they come from china and are fairly inexpensive. I asked her for expedited shipping and they shipped March 8th and were delivered March 9th.

If you contact her, choose the termination types (for me I did MMCX -> 4 pin XLR), length, cable type (POCC or Silver plated). She's pretty flexible, I've asked for some fairly esoteric cables in the past and she's accommodated. 
Tell her Martin sent you
beerchug.gif

Of curiosity, for this specific cable, how much did she charge you ? if her prices are good she may get a few orders from this tread only lol
(At least Audeze will as well get some income on their pads it looks like :wink:)

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #1,894 of 8,051
I paid $75 for the silver plated one, I think copper runs $50. This is her amazon page, though you may get a discount if you directly order via email

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=108-4392637-4658630&seller=A1X3Y5SZMJOF19&tab=&vasStoreID=

I was thinking of maybe doing a group order and seeing if we could get it cheaper, I want to get a balanced cable for my K10's.

Also got the Audeze pads on order :)

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #1,895 of 8,051
It's my 7th day crack-free *group applaudes again* 
wink_face.gif

I think it's because the 1060s sense that if they cause me any trouble, there's a pair of LCD-2s that will be happy to take their place!

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #1,896 of 8,051
I'll stick to ImpactAudioCables, it's here in the US and their customer service is amazing. If I am not mistaken they are in the process of testing their infinity cable with MMCX connections with the Monolith M1060. I'll wait it out.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,897 of 8,051
Are the Furutech ADL cables any good? Not sure whether to get pre-made or custom?

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #1,898 of 8,051
I'll stick to ImpactAudioCables, it's here in the US and their customer service is amazing. If I am not mistaken they are in the process of testing their infinity cable with MMCX connections with the Monolith M1060. I'll wait it out.

That doesn't make much sense. It's a Shure style MMCX connection that is widely used. I'm not sure why they would need to test, as any cable with those ends will work. I used three different ones already with no issues. I guess it's better to do due diligence though.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,900 of 8,051
  That doesn't make much sense. It's a Shure style MMCX connection that is widely used. I'm not sure why they would need to test, as any cable with those ends will work. I used three different ones already with no issues. I guess it's better to do due diligence though.

Don't know if it's related, but when I was evaluating replacement MMCX cables before I returned the M1060, I found that virtually all MMCX cables sold online were listed/titled for specific IEMs. I wasn't sure if MMCX cables due to their nature had to be specifically tailored in some way. You don't find "generic" MMCX cables.

You're correct that cables and connectors should be cables and connectors, but that doesn't seem to be the case on the MMCX side of the table, as everything out there is marketed as model specific. I still don't know if there are any technical reasons for that...

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,901 of 8,051
My Westone cable fits and vice-versa. So does my Shure cable. Maybe it's listed to catch search engine entries for specific models?

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #1,904 of 8,051
Just a question for the ones who applied the vegan audeze pads to their set, what did you use to apply them? And how did you remove the stock pads? All that sticky **** scares me :frowning2:

Just pull the pads off slowly, and left over sticky stuff use duct tape to remove it. Did the process on my Stax and it was really easy. I'm working on a 3D printed ring to aid in pad swapping. That way on the replacement pads you won't have to glue down. Would be good for swapping to ZMF pads

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,905 of 8,051
Just pull the pads off slowly, and left over sticky stuff use duct tape to remove it. Did the process on my Stax and it was really easy. I'm working on a 3D printed ring to aid in pad swapping. That way on the replacement pads you won't have to glue down. Would be good for swapping to ZMF pads

I don't like the thought of gluing down new pads (especially if they cost $80) can you just use the left over sticky residue and press them on? Even it works for a short period until printed mods come around? I might just use adhesive pads, since then I can just peal them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back