Mixmaster mikes vs Beats pro vs soul Sl300 vs beats studio vs beats solo hd vs beats mixr
Aug 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #76 of 116
Quote:
i wounder if beats or monster has ever read anything about beats on this website, if they took suggestions from her they would be more likes by audiophiles i think

Yeah...I bet that someone on the R/D or engineering department is a huge headphone head. The thing is, Monster knows these cans are awful. They just don't care, and they have no reason to. Having said this, companies like Superlux have proven that it's possible to make reasonably priced headphones that sound amazing. If Beats even sounded 1/2 as good as they say they did, there wouldn't be any backlash from the typical Beats users, and audiophiles would be more inclined to give them consideration. I don't see how making poor sounding headphones could be helping their business.

Aug 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #77 of 116
Well it's still quite hard to win respect from this community whatever they'd do, just look at Skullcandy, they are actually starting to improve the sound quality greatly with their products with Mix Master Mike, Aviators & Hesh 2.0, yet most people continue to bash them just like before when they only had products like Hesh 1 and Skullcrushers.

Aug 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #78 of 116
People buy Skullcandies and Beats at whatever price point they're set at. That's fine and good. Seriously, these companies would be dumb if they didn't sell them for the prices they did.

But, with the Beats, it's been proven that putting solid drivers in a solid enclosure with solid dampening can be done for fairly cheap. Step your game up!

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #80 of 116
Quote:
"bitches" love V-moda. Trust me, I'm 16.

i would actually buy the V-Moda LP1/2 mostly due to its looks and pretty good sound, and i personally feel that beats's designs are very cheesy and cheap looking. but unfortunately with not enough money to splash around i could only settle for sound now, looks next time

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #81 of 116
i wish lots of the good brands would make some more nice looking headphones, like senninheiser or audio technica ect,, then you could wear them in public with confidence......on less you just dont care

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #82 of 116
i wounder if beats or monster has ever read anything about beats on this website, if they took suggestions from her they would be more likes by audiophiles i think

I don't think Beats or Monster care about that audience - it's a smaller market than "average high school students" or "average college students" - they're trying to target the largest possible market and sell the most possible units. It's like the difference between Ford's marketing, and Ferrari's marketing. Ferrari does not market to housewives or young professionals, they market to motorheads and the wealthy, because that's the segment that can afford their products and that wants their products. Ford will market to anyone they can reasonably convince to buy their cars.

Yeah...I bet that someone on the R/D or engineering department is a huge headphone head. The thing is, Monster knows these cans are awful. They just don't care, and they have no reason to. Having said this, companies like Superlux have proven that it's possible to make reasonably priced headphones that sound amazing. If Beats even sounded 1/2 as good as they say they did, there wouldn't be any backlash from the typical Beats users, and audiophiles would be more inclined to give them consideration. I don't see how making poor sounding headphones could be helping their business.

This.

Well it's still quite hard to win respect from this community whatever they'd do, just look at Skullcandy, they are actually starting to improve the sound quality greatly with their products with Mix Master Mike, Aviators & Hesh 2.0, yet most people continue to bash them just like before when they only had products like Hesh 1 and Skullcrushers.

This too.

i wish lots of the good brands would make some more nice looking headphones, like senninheiser or audio technica ect,, then you could wear them in public with confidence......on less you just dont care

Style and fashion is very subjective - having said that, I think Beats fall into the "they look good because they say they look good" category, not the "these are actually fashionable" category. They're clunky gloss plastic after all. I will also add that (and I'm assuming you're young here, I could be wrong) - as you get older, you stop caring about what your "classmates" think of you.

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #83 of 116
Quote:
Style and fashion is very subjective - having said that, I think Beats fall into the "they look good because they say they look good" category, not the "these are actually fashionable" category. They're clunky gloss plastic after all. I will also add that (and I'm assuming you're young here, I could be wrong) - as you get older, you stop caring about what your "classmates" think of you.

I'll say this. Beats headphones coordinate very well aesthetically with the typical fashion choices of young people. For me, on the other hand, whose typical get up consists of khakis and argyle sweaters, Beats would look completely out of place. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #84 of 116
Actually, I think certain skullcandies are getting quite a bit of respect around here. Definitely the aviators and MMM. I'm not so sure about the new hesh.

If Beats actually tried to make better sounding headphones (forget about design and overbloated pricing), they wouldn't be bashed so hard.

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #85 of 116
Quote:
Actually, I think certain skullcandies are getting quite a bit of respect around here. Definitely the aviators and MMM. I'm not so sure about the new hesh.

If Beats actually tried to make better sounding headphones (forget about design and overbloated pricing), they wouldn't be bashed so hard.

Yeah. I don't see why they wouldn't at least try. No matter what they do, they're going to have the mainstream market in a near-monopoly. But making headphones that appeal to the audiophile market would cost them nothing.

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #86 of 116
Quote:

well i am 13....so i will care about style for the next so many years...

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #87 of 116
Aug 28, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #88 of 116
Quote:

Like obobs said, everyone's tastes are subjective, so I won't get into what looks good or bad.  You're a bit young for this to really sink in right now, but I assure you that headphones will not your self-image make.  I've worn some serious-looking (that's "dorkmeister") headphones in public many times.  And when I'm wearing them, and rocking out, and happy, I throw out smiles left and right like I just don't care (because I seriously don't).  You'd be surprised how many REALLY nice smiles I get back from "the honeys" when I do that.  Knowing who you are, and what you've got to offer, and just generally being in good spirits will outclass ANY pair of cans any day of the week image-wise.  So if you think Beats are cool or sexy, you should give self-confidence a try sometime.  I promise you, that's the real deal right there.

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #90 of 116
Quote:
cuz i like being cool

Being cool isn't about trying to "fit in" or doing what everyone else thinks is cool. Being cool is about doing what you think is right with no fear of social repercussions. If you think that AHD2000s are better than Beats, being cool dictates that you get the AHD2000s. It's really about being true to yourself and what you want to do. Because when everyone is aware that you're the kind of person who is certain enough of your worth to not be damaged by their opinions, they respect you and your decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back