Mixmaster mikes vs Beats pro vs soul Sl300 vs beats studio vs beats solo hd vs beats mixr
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 116

Tobu99

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi! I know Beats are not well received here but we all know that they are not as crappy as u say they are. I have this question should i buy the Skullcandy Mixmaster Mike black matte,,Beats Pro white,Beats studio,soul sl300, beats solo hd, beats mixr and beats studio. But generally this is abouts mixmasters vs pros.i heard that the mixmasters are really good headphones(not that crappy skullcandy ****) and they deserve a chance here! I listen to club music(with booming bass and **** like that) and also listen to rap,hip hop,rarely pop,and that avicii type of music. I also want that my headphones have swag and dont look ugly. So this is what i heard from reviews

Skullcandy MMM
- good bass(btw i love bass)
- really good sound quality
- few nice features (rotating ear cups,mute button,possibility to switch from stereo to mono btw what does that change)
- 50mm mylar drivers
- i personally like the look
- really comfortable (memory foam everywhere where your head and ears touch the headphones

Beats Solo HD
- nice mids and good bass (semi well balanced sound
- nice looks
- semi comfortable
- headband really durable!
Price:200e

Beats Pro
- really good sound quality with booming bass
- tight on head
- semi comfortable but not as comfortable than others?
- really really durable!!!
- nicest looks!
Price 380-400e

Beats Studio
- needs batteries -.-
- really comfortable
-booming bass but no balance
- not durable!
- nice looks
Price 260-290e

Beats Mixr
-good bass and Very good highs overally balanced sound
- tight on your head
- swivelling earcups
- nice look
Price: about 230-250e

Soul Sl300
-balanced sound with good bass
- nice looks
- need batteries -.-
- really comfortable
Price: 270-300e

Im new to this forum and im sorryi wrote somethimg wrong. And i also want only these headphones. i know that ATH-M50 are good and ill maybe consider Then but comment only on those headphones listed earlier!

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 116
Oh my God this post.

I can't comment on the Souls or SC's because I haven't heard them, but I can speak for the Beats.

So basically we can cross off the Studios since everything you wrote about them shows they're not a contender. The Mixr's have a really annoying artificialness in the upper mids and treble that's so grating to me that I could never recommend them. The Solos have pretty crappy mids, and less than impressive bass, even when amped. As far as I know, the HD's are a lot more durable than the older Solos, but really durable isn't the best way to describe them. The Pros are something I'd actually buy if they weren't so ludicrously priced. They're horrendously inaccurate, but you probably don't care too much about that if you want a lot of bass. Their retail price is a joke though. 

What does swag look like?

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 116
Get the M50

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 116
Mix Masters get a lot of love. But if you want real "swag", there are other choices like:

V-MODA, DUDE!

The V-Moda M80 has really nice sound quality, a bit of bass emphasis (not to like, Beats Pro levels, but its reported to have a nice amount of bass) and just looks freaking sweet. They have a bunch more colors on their website, but it's not as cheap over there.

Not cool enough?

PHIATON, BRO!

The Phiaton MS400s also have really nice sound quality, but the bass isn't over the top boomy or anything. Those things are made out of carbon fiber. Tell me that doesn't look awesome. Do it. I dare you. I win, because you can't say that they don't look cool without spontaneously exploding.

Still not enough swag?

SENNHEISER, DAWG!

The Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals also looks really cool and has really good sound.

Those don't look cool enough? Try these.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #5 of 116
I love the look of the beats pro and the studios in matte colors,thats swag all over for me.
Phiatons look well except the earcups are ugly as **** and i want a ton of bass. Sennheisers are not my style really and i guess they have not as much bass as i want. The V-Modas look really nice but the bass is not as good. I know this may be a crappy post but yeah im 14 years old so i dont want ugly headphones. Im not one of those teens that dont care about sound quality, but i want stylish and bass heavy headphones.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #6 of 116
Oh my God this post.

I can't comment on the Souls or SC's because I haven't heard them, but I can speak for the Beats.

So basically we can cross off the Studios since everything you wrote about them shows they're not a contender. The Mixr's have a really annoying artificialness in the upper mids and treble that's so grating to me that I could never recommend them. The Solos have pretty crappy mids, and less than impressive bass, even when amped. As far as I know, the HD's are a lot more durable than the older Solos, but really durable isn't the best way to describe them. The Pros are something I'd actually buy if they weren't so ludicrously priced. They're horrendously inaccurate, but you probably don't care too much about that if you want a lot of bass. Their retail price is a joke though. 

What does swag look like?

Swag looks like Beats they are stylish and bitches love em:cool:

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #7 of 116
Mix Masters get a lot of love. But if you want real "swag", there are other choices like:

V-MODA, DUDE!

The V-Moda M80
ir

has really nice sound quality, a bit of bass emphasis (not to like, Beats Pro levels, but its reported to have a nice amount of bass) and just looks freaking sweet. They have a bunch more colors on their website, but it's not as cheap over there.

Not cool enough?

PHIATON, BRO!

The Phiaton MS400s
ir

also have really nice sound quality, but the bass isn't over the top boomy or anything. Those things are made out of carbon fiber. Tell me that doesn't look awesome. Do it. I dare you. I win, because you can't say that they don't look cool without spontaneously exploding.

Still not enough swag?

SENNHEISER, DAWG!

The Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals
ir

also looks really cool and has really good sound.

Those don't look cool enough? Try these.

Posted answer just forgot to qoute

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #8 of 116
This thread, oh dear.

The M50 will fit your taste in sound, but don't look "swag", whatever the hell that looks like. If you are a 14 year old kid who only slightly cares about audio and wants loads of bass, just buy a pair of XB500's for a fraction of the money and be done with it.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #9 of 116
pro's if you do not mind the unbelievably extremely really extraodinary high price and the skull crusher eyepopping inducing clamping force along with the titanic sinking inducing weight of these hunks of heavy metal (i though admit they are the only beats that look good)

and for pure quality BASSSSSSS like the ^ guy said XB500 is the way to go, nice pillows on your ears will make sure you are comfortable for hours :3

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #10 of 116
Tobu, what do you listen out of? I say this because I use EQ/Bass Boost when I listen to electronic music. Pretty much everything has one, and if you really want loud, ridiculous, over-the-top bass, it's probably your best bet. 

If you only want one set of headphones, your best bet is to go for a fairly neutral set, like the Jaycar Pro Monitors/Brainwavs HM5/Fischer Audio-FA003, the Sennheiser Amperior, the Philips CitiScape Uptown, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s (new ones have a solid amount of bass. Not too much, not too little), or even some Superlux Models. Then, just use EQ/bass boost features to give yourself the sound signature you want. I can turn my Jaycar Pro Monitors, which are fairly plain and analytical, into a better version of the Beats Solo with a bass boost adjustment. I can give it as much boomy, overbloated, one-note, Beats-style bass as I want.

And sometimes, I want that. I own a set of XB500s, they're kind of my go-to set for bass-heavy music (I think the term you were looking for was House music when describing Avicii, BTW), and they have the sound sig you're looking for at a very nice price, especially from a company called eCost. I got mine manufacturer refurbished for $28 American buckaroos, not a bad deal at all for that price. I think they sound better than the Beats Solos by a mile.

BTW, the VModas actually have a good amount of bass. So do the Sennheisers. So does pretty much everything mentioned. It's just not bloaty, boomy, one-note bass, which is what you're looking for. If you open your mind to software EQ, things get a lot easier, and you can get a really versatile pair of headphones that can do whatever you want. The XB500s, which are pretty much exactly what you've been describing you want, sound really awful on acoustic/non-electronic tracks because of their bass. 

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #11 of 116
Skullcandy Mix Master aren't as bad sounding as many people would expect when hearing "Skullcandy". It even measures extremely well, ever since they hired the experienced sound engineer Tetsuo Oishi things have started to improve greatly, so far only Mix Masters, Aviators and Hesh 2.0 should be looked at though

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SkullcandyMixMaster.pdf - Not overly huge bass boost, about the same as the Denon Dxxx series, and fairly midforward with slightly recessed highs (a bit warm sounding). Very similar FR response to Denon D5000 except for the highs: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD5000B2012.pdf

I'd easily vote for these among those headphones.

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #12 of 116
Quote:
Swag looks like Beats they are stylish and bitches love em:cool:

*Shudder*

Uhh girls don't care about headphones. If they did, I wouldn't be as lonely as I am.

But anyways... The V-Moda Crossfades have more bass than the Studios, but as above, the Mix Masters are probably your best choice. And they have that warranty that lasts forever.

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #13 of 116

Quote:
Swag looks like beats they are stylish and bitches love em:cool:

Swag looks ands sounds like Beats. Class looks and sounds like Uptowns, HM5s, HD-598s, ATH-M50s, SRHs, K240s, MDR-V6s and SR-80is.

B*****s love swag. Women love class.

And if she ever hears that you called her a b***h, choosing a headphone will be the least of your worries.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #14 of 116
Okay i guess im a ******* niin in headphones,but still i wanna mention a few points
- while listening to music mostly walking on the streets and at school i want headphones that actually look cool, i dont want Then super shiny thats why i dont like all of the beats looks as much as beats pros. I generally listen to rap/hiphop (wiz khalifa,taylor gang,snoop,dr.dre and many others),Avicii style music, and club music( swedish house mafia and mostly everything they play in the top clubs) and sometimes pop. I want really good bass and a crisp clear sound. I certainly dont want the studios anymore! Mostly MMM or Pros. I also dont want sound leakage,because while listening in class i dont wan the teachers telling me to take my headphones of. Btw women may not like headphones, but headphones help you look good and women like good looks!

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #15 of 116
You probably shouldn't listen to music in class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back