Mixmaster mikes vs Beats pro vs soul Sl300 vs beats studio vs beats solo hd vs beats mixr
Jul 31, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #17 of 116
Actually in finland(where i live) u can listen to music in class, i did a small rsearch and i found out that the V-Moda are really interesting. You may have noticed that i love bass but i dont want only bass. So which ones are better M-80 or LP/LP2, and if its possible compare them to Beats Pros and Skullcandys

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #18 of 116
preset eq is not nearly as good as a 10 band manual eq, i have been tuning my headphones and practicing for the last 4 years so i know how much potential in your headphones a properly tuned eq can unleash, made my hd202 sound as good as a DR150

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #19 of 116
Quote:
  If you only want one set of headphones, your best bet is to go for a fairly neutral set, like the Jaycar Pro Monitors/Brainwavs HM5/Fischer Audio-FA003, the Sennheiser Amperior, the Philips CitiScape Uptown, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s (new ones have a solid amount of bass. Not too much, not too little), or even some Superlux Models. Then, just use EQ/bass boost features to give yourself the sound signature you want. I can turn my Jaycar Pro Monitors, which are fairly plain and analytical, into a better version of the Beats Solo with a bass boost adjustment. I can give it as much boomy, overbloated, one-note, Beats-style bass as I want.

He wants bass! Did you not hear? he dosnt want a neutral set, and lots of those you mentioned would be terrible for what he wants, especialy the CitiScape uptown

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #20 of 116
the solos flat out suck, they are terrible sound, and durable?? where did you hear that? they are sooooooooo weak

the studios are more respectful with decently detailed sound and boomy bass, and are WAY more duable than solos but leak like crazy

Mixr have less bass then studio and are soooo uncomfortable, i cant wear them more than a minute

Pros sound pretty good, are durable, but a little bulky for school id think, and not to comfy

Ive never seen or heard the skullcandy, but people say they sound good

And from reviews people have said the soul sl300 sound worse than the sl200 (or whatever the second model is)

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #21 of 116
Quote:
the solos flat out suck, they are terrible sound, and durable?? where did you hear that? they are sooooooooo weak

the studios are more respectful with decently detailed sound and boomy bass, and are WAY more duable than solos but leak like crazy

Mixr have less bass then studio and are soooo uncomfortable, i cant wear them more than a minute

Pros sound pretty good, are durable, but a little bulky for school id think, and not to comfy

Ive never seen or heard the skullcandy, but people say they sound good

And from reviews people have said the soul sl300 sound worse than the sl200 (or whatever the second model is)

well they all 1 thing in common, they all cost at least 100% more than what they should

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #23 of 116
Quote:
yep a better price for all them would be cutting the price in half, then it would be a little more realistic pricing.

well yeah even though that is done, the pricing would be still bad (for the half price $150 studio would go straight against the far superior M50 or something like the $170 HD558, but oh well its not nearly as rediculous at least)

but on a side note, its rediculous pricing fuels it's own popularity and sales as people get the 'premium status' due to the high price so its rather beneficial to Beats that the pricing is so high o.o" customer feed,monster eats = evil monster company endorsed by mad scientist dr.dre

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #25 of 116
Wait, the V-Moda M80 doesn't have bass? Has the OP ever heard them?

And if you're getting the Pro's to wear while walking around to show off, please realize that most of the time they'll be just hanging on your neck. They are uncomfortable (way too much clamping) and heavy, they aren't designed to be portable.

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 116
Quote:
Wait, the V-Moda M80 doesn't have bass? Has the OP ever heard them?

And if you're getting the Pro's to wear while walking around to show off, please realize that most of the time they'll be just hanging on your neck. They are uncomfortable (way too much clamping) and heavy, they aren't designed to be portable.

not to mention beats are thief magnets due to their eye blinding shinyness...

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #28 of 116
Quote:
Tobu, what do you listen out of? I say this because I use EQ/Bass Boost when I listen to electronic music. Pretty much everything has one, and if you really want loud, ridiculous, over-the-top bass, it's probably your best bet. 

If you only want one set of headphones, your best bet is to go for a fairly neutral set, like the Jaycar Pro Monitors/Brainwavs HM5/Fischer Audio-FA003, the Sennheiser Amperior, the Philips CitiScape Uptown, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s (new ones have a solid amount of bass. Not too much, not too little), or even some Superlux Models. Then, just use EQ/bass boost features to give yourself the sound signature you want. I can turn my Jaycar Pro Monitors, which are fairly plain and analytical, into a better version of the Beats Solo with a bass boost adjustment. I can give it as much boomy, overbloated, one-note, Beats-style bass as I want.

And sometimes, I want that. I own a set of XB500s, they're kind of my go-to set for bass-heavy music (I think the term you were looking for was House music when describing Avicii, BTW), and they have the sound sig you're looking for at a very nice price, especially from a company called eCost. I got mine manufacturer refurbished for $28 American buckaroos, not a bad deal at all for that price. I think they sound better than the Beats Solos by a mile.

BTW, the VModas actually have a good amount of bass. So do the Sennheisers. So does pretty much everything mentioned. It's just not bloaty, boomy, one-note bass, which is what you're looking for. If you open your mind to software EQ, things get a lot easier, and you can get a really versatile pair of headphones that can do whatever you want. The XB500s, which are pretty much exactly what you've been describing you want, sound really awful on acoustic/non-electronic tracks because of their bass. 

Quote:
He wants bass! Did you not hear? he dosnt want a neutral set, and lots of those you mentioned would be terrible for what he wants, especialy the CitiScape uptown

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #29 of 116
Quote:

using eq messes up your sound though especialy with bass boose, it just turns down treble, and what if hes using something without a eq? or wants to show them to a friend on there device and they sound like crap with out adjusting the eq and all that on his? His friend wont be very impressed. 

In total, he wants an out of the box bass heavy headphone

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #30 of 116
Quote:
Actually in finland(where i live) u can listen to music in class, i did a small rsearch and i found out that the V-Moda are really interesting. You may have noticed that i love bass but i dont want only bass. So which ones are better M-80 or LP/LP2, and if its possible compare them to Beats Pros and Skullcandys

This. The reason why people don't buy Beats. They only have bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back