Mixmaster mikes vs Beats pro vs soul Sl300 vs beats studio vs beats solo hd vs beats mixr
Aug 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #31 of 116
Quote:
using eq messes up your sound though especialy with bass boose, it just turns down treble, and what if hes using something without a eq? or wants to show them to a friend on there device and they sound like crap with out adjusting the eq and all that on his? His friend wont be very impressed. 

In total, he wants an out of the box bass heavy headphone

Setting up EQ/Bass Boost on Android/iOS= 5 minutes/ free.
Setting up EQ on iTunes= 10 minutes/ free.
Setting up a linear or minimal-phase VST EQ on Winamp/MediaMonkey = 15 minutes/free.

Set it and forget it, my friend.

The bass boost I use on Android sounds very good, and almost every MP3 player/smartphone/tablet/PC software player I've seen has an EQ. Also, EQ does turn stuff down...to provide the sound signature that the OP wants at an affordable price with reasonable SQ across the board.

I'm not saying it's the perfect solution, but the OP gets the best of both worlds with this. Loud/boomy bass with a headphone that is capable of competent mids/highs. If the OP ever wants to use the headphones for, let's say, gaming, or listening to other genres down the road, they can do so without a ridiculous amount of bass making it difficult to do so.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #35 of 116
Quote:
Setting up EQ/Bass Boost on Android/iOS= 5 minutes/ free.
Setting up EQ on iTunes= 10 minutes/ free.
Setting up a linear or minimal-phase VST EQ on Winamp/MediaMonkey = 15 minutes/free.

Set it and forget it, my friend.

The bass boost I use on Android sounds very good, and almost every MP3 player/smartphone/tablet/PC software player I've seen has an EQ. Also, EQ does turn stuff down...to provide the sound signature that the OP wants at an affordable price with reasonable SQ across the board.

I'm not saying it's the perfect solution, but the OP gets the best of both worlds with this. Loud/boomy bass with a headphone that is capable of competent mids/highs. If the OP ever wants to use the headphones for, let's say, gaming, or listening to other genres down the road, they can do so without a ridiculous amount of bass making it difficult to do so.

poweramp eq is very good, if you compare to the stock android 2.3 player eq. and yes eq makes your headphones very versatile, now i can have all the bass and treble i want 
biggrin.gif
 (improper tuning can screw up your sound though)

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #36 of 116
Quote:
poweramp eq is very good, if you compare to the stock android 2.3 player eq. and yes eq makes your headphones very versatile, now i can have all the bass and treble i want 
biggrin.gif
 (improper tuning can screw up your sound though)

I just use an EQ app with a built-in bass boost, called Equalizer (awesome name, right?). This way, I can EQ YouTube videos, Rhapsody, game music, and anything else I throw at it.

I run my Super-Sibilant Superlux through a VST low-pass filter in Winamp. Some of these VST EQs are really nice.

Here's a few: http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2011/03/03/bpb-freeware-studio-best-free-parametric-equalizer-vst-plugins/

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #39 of 116
Quote:
I'm quite surprised this got serious responses. I honestly thought this was a troll thread at first.
blink.gif

seriously -__- why is it when someone asks if they should get bose. beats, skullcandy, soul, ect people think they are trolling?!? Maybe they just want to actualy know about the headphones! Jeez!

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #40 of 116
Quote:
seriously -__- why is it when someone asks if they should get bose. beats, skullcandy, soul, ect people think they are trolling?!? Maybe they just want to actualy know about the headphones! Jeez!

sarcasm. makes people paranoid when being asked questions

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #41 of 116
Quote:
seriously -__- why is it when someone asks if they should get bose. beats, skullcandy, soul, ect people think they are trolling?!?

Because these are all the brands that audiophiles despise. It'd be like going to a Hot Rod club and asking, "Should I get the Prius, the Volt, the Taurus or the Yaris?"

And Bose, Beats, Skullcandy and Soul all have their place. It's just not on this forum. When we told you about what we, as audiophiles, consider to sound good, you kinda brushed it off. No point in asking audiophiles for recommendations if you know you're not going to like what we have to say.

I don't mean to offend or anything, but in our opinions, there are better headphones you could be buying. That's the opinion you're going to get from just about everyone on this forum. If that's not a reality that you wish to accept, then just don't ask us for recommendations and buy whatever you want. Go to town! No one's stopping you from getting what you want, and you don't have to rationalize it to us. Just know that we, as a community, are going to largely disagree if you say that any of the headphones you mentioned are an outstanding deal in your price range.

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #42 of 116
Honestly guys, you should really check out Tobu99's post history.  He is not at all interested in a real recommendation.  I'm not even certain he actually cares about buying any of the cans in this poll.  Seems like he's just on a mission to get someone saying that Beats are good.  Seriously, just check out his posting history and decide for yourselves what he's on about.

Aug 24, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #43 of 116
oh well OP has dissapeared from this thread already

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #44 of 116
Quote:
oh well OP has dissapeared from this thread already

Yup, but he kept creating new ones for a while there, so a little more awareness of this guy doesn't hurt. 
smile.gif

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #45 of 116
Quote:

Yup, but he kept creating new ones for a while there, so a little more awareness of this guy doesn't hurt. 
smile.gif

hmm what kind of threads did he go on to make?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back