Miles Davis or Triple.fi's or ?? for all genres mainly R&B and Screamo, heavy metal etc.
Sep 27, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #46 of 61
Just got a quote "Monster Turbine Pro Copper" $299.00 and "The Miles Davis" $300.00

OMG LOL okay now i need $300.... MUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, yeah well its 3am here ill let u know how it goes tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #48 of 61
This is my experience, but as with everything, it's just my opinion.

Owned Sennheiser IE8's.  Loved them, lost them.
Replaced them with Monster Coppers, thought I liked the Sennheiser's better because of the bass.  I ended up losing them sort of.
I was in a rush for a flight and bought another pair of IE8s, thought I loved them again.
I recently was given both a set of Coppers and Monster Golds.  Today actually, so no burn in on them. 

I'm in a position to do back to back on the IE8, Gold and Copper.  I love the coppers and golds and IE8s in different ways.  

For me at least, I think both pairs of Monster's are superior to the IE8s  I think you would prefer the Gold's more than the Copper's.  I would describe the Gold's a lot like my B&W Nautalis speakers.  Very fun, but perhaps too fun for people that want neutral.  The Copper's are like my Dyne speakers.  To be honest, I think I prefer the Gold's.  But it just depends. 

My issue with the IE8 is the bass taking away from the mid.  A bit sloppy.  You get the same punch from the Golds, but without the sloppiness.  By all means though, the IE8 is wonderful.  I bought 2 pairs, if that gives you an idea.

Ironically, my biggest complaint about the Monster's are the cable they use.  The IE8 is just 1st rate in that department.  The cable on the Monsters can pop up over my ear.  But, this is a small issue considering the sound quality difference.

As a disclaimer, I received these free from Monster.  I'm a bit of a fanboy now too.  Either way, make sure you get the Monster SuperTips.  They make my IE8's sound great and comfortable.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #50 of 61
Thanks for such a informative post Joe, yeah actually the lady from wwstereo told me that she is a world class percussionist and that honestly she prefers the sound sig of the golds and md's but prefers the golds out of them all and considering I'm a bass head but also must have detail the golds or md's would be best for me, I'm hoping If I get the md's that these will be my last iem lol

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #51 of 61
Hi Lucozade,

I ordered these Link from ebay. Are there the ones you're using with your Triple Fi? If not, can you give me a link to where I can purchase them and I'll cancel these.

Thanks

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #52 of 61

Quote:
Hi Lucozade,

I ordered these Link from ebay. Are there the ones you're using with your Triple Fi? If not, can you give me a link to where I can purchase them and I'll cancel these.

Thanks

I use the ones that came with my coppers and golds (large size) , but those look the same ,did you order small or large ,or both .

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #53 of 61
Those are the ebay triple flanges. There are two sizes where one is large and one is small. Those are the large. They are similar to the Monster triple flanges in shape but they are off by color a bit as well as they are not as stiff as the Monster triple flanges but they sound the same.

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #54 of 61
Hey luco I think I'm pretty set on the miles davis as long as I can sell my IE7, mum might be a little hesitant on spending that much for iem's for me though come to think of it the lifetime warranty it self is like saying you pretty much get 2=)

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #55 of 61

Quote:
Hey luco I think I'm pretty set on the miles davis as long as I can sell my IE7, mum might be a little hesitant on spending that much for iem's for me though come to think of it the lifetime warranty it self is like saying you pretty much get 2=)

No,no,no, i have not heard the mds but from what others have told me about there sound and my own experience with the golds and coppers the mds will lake the treble bite and edge and be far too warm and cramped for that music you asked me to listen to .The word muddy springs to mind .

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #56 of 61
Hi Lucozade,

Between Triple fi and mtpg, which one do you prefer best? And among all your iem, which one do you like best?

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #57 of 61

Quote:

Hi Lucozade,

Between Triple fi and mtpg, which one do you prefer best? And among all your iem, which one do you like best?

Between triple fi and mtpg ,there is no contest , tf10 is much more too my liking .

As to which iem i like best in my collection overall ,well that's hard to say, my tastes change every few weeks ( variety is the spice of life) so its said .

What i can tell you is that the moment and for the last 3 or 4 weeks the hje900 has been and is my favorite but the following iem's  also have what it takes to be my favorite when the mood takes me.     SM3 ,WESTONE 3, TF10 ,SE530 ,KLIPSCH CUSTOM 3 , 

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #58 of 61

Quote:
No,no,no, i have not heard the mds but from what others have told me about there sound and my own experience with the golds and coppers the mds will lake the treble bite and edge and be far too warm and cramped for that music you asked me to listen to .The word muddy springs to mind .

To my ears the MDs are not as warm as your HJE900s.  
wink_face.gif
  They are on the warm side though.

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #60 of 61

Quote:
Thats strange , i do not find the pannys that warm ,the coppers and even more so the golds are warmer to my ears

The Coppers warmer than the pannys?  Wow, different ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back