Miles Davis or Triple.fi's or ?? for all genres mainly R&B and Screamo, heavy metal etc.
Sep 25, 2010 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

matto

500+ Head-Fier
Okay I've been going back and forth and due to my insufficient funds I havnt been able to get everything I want hahaah.

My IE7's are great for ministry of sound, pendulum, hip hop, rap etc etc, more commercial type rock like nickleback rise against taking back sunday etc.

BUT when it gets to like alexisonfire, parkway drive, trivium, job for a cowboy, IKTPQ etc. There's so much going on that i don't think these can keep up very well sorry i'm really bad at describing things but like the bass is more like prominent or dominating the other frequencies thus the vocals especially in parkway drive seem to fade away comparing to the bass. In other words i want something with more "seperation" but with the same amount of bass...

1.  Monster Turbine Miles Davis from authorized dealer $340 USD shipped to me
2. Triple.fi around 300 AUD
3.???

What IEM's would be the best for my tastes? I'm open to alternatives!!

please help! i cant make my mind lol. And i plan on getting some Klipsch S2's for gym so these should be taken care of though accidents still do happen, and if you could please provide each weaknesses and strenghts would be great.

I've done my research! but still want your personal opinions, from what i've gathered the MTPC have a V sound sig and has less bass than the golds.

The triples have great highs and lows though mids are a little recessed

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 61
hm forgot to mention but as much as I try to think i'm not a bass head i really do think i am ahahah, my EQ is on flat though thats only cos if i eq with an iphone it sounds like dog crap.

Sep 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 61
custom 3 , hje900 ,mtpg ,all great sounding phones ,superior to the ie7 and will keep up with whatever music you throw at them and all below $300 
dt880smile.png

Sep 25, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 61
"superior" oh crap lol didn't think they'd be that much better hmm... the cz's and custom 3's are pretty cheap atm, which one would u recommend out of the 2?

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 61
both are very good but hje900 have better build and cable quality although they take a while for the treble to tame  ,while the custom 3 treble is nice and smooth out of the box ,both have detailed treble and midrange and both have great bass ,the pannys have a bit more than the c3 and it is more textured and shaped but c3 will not disappoint in the bass quantity .

if you hear any vocal sibilance in your music with the ie7 than you will be better off with the custom 3 

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 61
I'm looking for new headphones around this price range, and the Customs 3's look good to me. I've heard some negative things about their cable though, should I be worried about this?

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 61
is sibilance like that hissing noise? like ts ts ts when they're singing? if so then yes i have sibilance with the ie7's and sometimes gets annoying -.-, have you heard the triple.fi's? hmm the panas have replaceable cables tahts so cool ahaah

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 61
that could be one way of describing sibilance , it usually occurs when a singer sings words with s or t in them , you will not get any on the c3.

Yes i have the tf10 ,very nice iem , midrange is not recessed although the bass and the treble are more dominant , i use monster triple flange tips with them otherwise they have a tendency to be sibilant ,again very good bass. Also the triple flange tips stop them from sliding out of my ears every 5 mins which they tend to do with other tips.

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #9 of 61

Quote:
I'm looking for new headphones around this price range, and the Customs 3's look good to me. I've heard some negative things about their cable though, should I be worried about this?

The cable will serve you well as long as you are carful with it ,its weakest point is were it comes out of the jack ,if the headphone out is on the top of your player than put your player in your pocket upside down as this will avoid putting a 45 degree bend forming at the jack. 

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 61
Yeah thats what put meoff to buy the custom 3's in the first place though since i have the ie7's too i can just leave the custom 3s at home, oo thats nice.. hm everytime i look for iems i always somehow land straight to the custom 3's again and again.. ah damn it. Though lucozade thing is if i get triple's ill have to get rid of my IE7's since they're quiet pricy. What do u like better the Triples or turbine coppers? I can get them both for around 300 USD shipped to me...

Also i'm gonna be getting some M50's
biggrin.gif
just for gaming/chilling etc etc.

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #11 of 61
umm , i like them both but if i had to choose i would take the triples over the coppers because i like the triples tighter more focused bass and just lately i have been enjoying the golds more than the coppers as there midrange sounds more natural to me these days even though the coppers have a bit more sparkle in the treble than the golds 

Sep 25, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #12 of 61
hmm i disagree totally with luco here, the IE7 and KC3 are extremely similar in sound when you get them fitting right.

if i was you id spend US$100 on an icon mobile and stick with the IE7, they pair up very well, tame the bass and pull out the mids and highs

Sep 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #13 of 61

Quote:
hmm i disagree totally with luco here, the IE7 and KC3 are extremely similar in sound when you get them fitting right.

if i was you id spend US$100 on an icon mobile and stick with the IE7, they pair up very well, tame the bass and pull out the mids and highs

he he,hello  mark ,we always disagree on this point , ie7 has a  thinner and sometimes harsh sounding midrange and treble than the smooth thicker sounding c3, ie7 bass is very good but again different in sound and texture to c3. the c3 is more refined in the mids and treble in my humble opinion.

i like the ie7 with some music a quite a bit ,in fact just last week i used them for 2 days , 
happy_face1.gif

Sep 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #14 of 61
  The rje900 is fast with good treble but has a midbass hump and a little recessed mids which might affect the vocals. Forget the phiatons if you want bass (they offer excellent separation and detail though). I can't say anything about the rest as i don't know how they sound. If you wan't something with good bass but more prominent mids you can try a Radius DDM with small sized big apertured tips (the tips are very important if you want a balanced sound with controlled bass). The treble is a tad recessed (so cymbals take the back seat) but the mids are very forward, with excellent texture and detail. The vocals, (especially brutal vocals) are on top of every other sound, with the guitars following close by. I should note that the Radius don't do isolation all that well.

I just tried listening to Carrion from Park Drive (it reminded me a little of early Soilwork works sans keyboards btw). The vocals were great, with great texture and depth, and without a hint of sibilance. The guitars had great tonality and a full deep sound. Drums were natural sounding and i could follow the bassline just fine even with the compression from the youtube stream. Cymbals were recessed though, so if they are a priority for you, look somewhere else.

Sep 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #15 of 61

Quote:
The cable will serve you well as long as you are carful with it ,its weakest point is were it comes out of the jack ,if the headphone out is on the top of your player than put your player in your pocket upside down as this will avoid putting a 45 degree bend forming at the jack. 

What about the kinks in the cable that I read about? Are those just from throwing them in your pocket or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back