Miles Davis or Triple.fi's or ?? for all genres mainly R&B and Screamo, heavy metal etc.
Sep 27, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #31 of 61
oO, Luco could you download Parkway Drive- Boneyards and let me know if the IE8's can keep up with the beats and not drown out the vocalist? If your busy don't worry about it though if you can it'll be much appreciated, thanks!

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #32 of 61

Quote:
oO, Luco could you download Parkway Drive- Boneyards and let me know if the IE8's can keep up with the beats and not drown out the vocalist? If your busy don't worry about it though if you can it'll be much appreciated, thanks!

Never heard of that group ,but just had a listen to three of there songs ,Boneyards ,Carrion, Wreckage , all three songs sounded like they could have been the same song to me , scary stuff 
eek.gif
 Lol

I listened with the ie8 with the bass nob on the minimum setting and with senn double flange tips on and with 256kbps. The bass lines were bone crushing and ear pounding,the vocals were a little recessed and i had trouble making out what the hell he was singing about with just one listen to each song but i listen to them for a while i think i would be able to pick out what he was singing, treble was nice and detailed , no sibilance at all .

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #33 of 61
The TF10s are incredibly good if you can get a good fit. I finally got a perfect seal today after weeks of experiment with the stock tips. Audio heaven, just coming straight out of a clip+.

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #34 of 61
oh dude thanks so much! ahaha keeps me going in the gym
wink.gif
hmm would you say it sounds better than the IE7's? for that particular group? My IE7's really drown out the vocals, like its still listenable but no where near as I'd want them to be, and I find that the bass isn't THAT powerful with the IE7's when listening to pwd, though when I listen to R&B it's somtimes to overpowering...

hmm it sounds like the IE8's may be the best choice for me, durable, better than the IE7's and good 2 year warranty
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #35 of 61

Quote:

Never heard of that group ,but just had a listen to three of there songs ,Boneyards ,Carrion, Wreckage , all three songs sounded like they could have been the same song to me , scary stuff 
eek.gif
 Lol

I listened with the ie8 with the bass nob on the minimum setting and with senn double flange tips on and with 256kbps. The bass lines were bone crushing and ear pounding,the vocals were a little recessed and i had trouble making out what the hell he was singing about with just one listen to each song but i listen to them for a while i think i would be able to pick out what he was singing, treble was nice and detailed , no sibilance at all .

Lol, you just have an untrained ear 
tongue_smile.gif
. Maybe you could check ie7, ie8, tf10 and mtpc with the same tracks for instrument separation and vocal prominence.  Too bad you don't have a DDM and a monster MD to throw in to the mix 
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #36 of 61

Quote:
oh dude thanks so much! ahaha keeps me going in the gym
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//wink.gif" title="
wink.gif
" width="" /> hmm would you say it sounds better than the IE7's? for that particular group? My IE7's really drown out the vocals, like its still listenable but no where near as I'd want them to be, and I find that the bass isn't THAT powerful with the IE7's when listening to pwd, though when I listen to R&B it's somtimes to overpowering...

hmm it sounds like the IE8's may be the best choice for me, durable, better than the IE7's and good 2 year warranty
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//biggrin.gif" title="
biggrin.gif
" width="" />

Ok @matto, i just tried those tracks again with the ie8 & the ie7 with the same tips and volume setting, the bass on the ie8 minimum setting was about the same as the bass on the ie7 , the midrange and vocals were quite a bit more forward and brighter and more  understandable on the ie7.

I also tried those songs with the hje900 ,same volume but with comply tips on and it was very a similar bass quantity and quality as the senn ie7 and midrange was brighter and more forward than the ie8 but not quite as much as the ie7 .

Over all if i wanted to listen to these tracks and follow the vocals i would use the ie7 ,but if i just wanted bone crushing bass i would use the ie8 and turn up the bass nob ,your ears would most likely turn to jelly though ,he he
popcorn.gif
 what source (player) are you using ?

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #37 of 61
I've been using my Triple Fi for around 3 and half years. The problem I'm always having is the fit issue.

What are the best tips I can buy for it?

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #39 of 61

Quote:

Ok @matto, i just tried those tracks again with the ie8 & the ie7 with the same tips and volume setting, the bass on the ie8 minimum setting was about the same as the bass on the ie7 , the midrange and vocals were quite a bit more forward and brighter and more  understandable on the ie7.

I also tried those songs with the hje900 ,same volume but with comply tips on and it was very a similar bass quantity and quality as the senn ie7 and midrange was brighter and more forward than the ie8 but not quite as much as the ie7 .

Over all if i wanted to listen to these tracks and follow the vocals i would use the ie7 ,but if i just wanted bone crushing bass i would use the ie8 and turn up the bass nob ,your ears would most likely turn to jelly though ,he he
popcorn.gif
 what source (player) are you using ?

iPhone 4 and Envy 14 with supposeably "beats audio" ahahhaa I don't think it's great though it sounds better listening through my lappy than the iphone. thanks alot man really appreciate it. I changed the tips to comply tips and the vocals were more present though bass decreased? I think I am a bass head hey hahah, I love listening to like Parkway with thumpy bass but at the same time clear enough vocals, damn I'm asking for a lot in a IEM, sorry for the late reply just been studying.

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #40 of 61
@ matto ,i listened to these tracks with the coppers with the senn double flange tips on earlier and think that they presented these songs in the most balanced way , the bass was maybe  a tad less but the vocals had more clarity and were more forward then the ie8 or pannys but not quite as forward as the ie7 and the treble was bright ,smooth and very detailed .

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #42 of 61
ooo, um the thing is with the coppers i can't find an authorized dealer who ships to Australia, the one on ebay is "authorized" but apparently monster doesn't accept warrantys which are from ebay regardless if they are authrorized dealer or not, the guy has like 69,000 feedback all 100% "buyauthorized"

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #44 of 61
lucozade! found a online store willing to ship to AUS, $343 all up for BNIB coppers, arrr my budget just keeps on RISING and rising fffff**** thing is now that i think about it for a LITTLE more i can get LE ones DAMN IT DAMN IT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back