MEElectronics M6 Review
Nov 12, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #46 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can confirm that the the T200's fit. I just ordered some of the Vsonics to compare since they are sooo much cheaper than the Comply's.

What is the exact name of the VSonic tips, and where can I find them? I heard eBay.

Would this be it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vsonic-Shure-UE-...item2a01da359a

Would the comply T-200s be better (how much better if at all?, I don't know whether I can justify paying 7 times as much)? Could I use the tips from my JVC Marshmallows?

Others mentioned using bi-flange tips from futuresonic atrios and that they provided a lot of bass. Anyone know where I could get those tips? Or any other bi-flange tips?

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #47 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can confirm that the the T200's fit. I just ordered some of the Vsonics to compare since they are sooo much cheaper than the Comply's.

how are the t200s with them? any noticeable changes in sq?

also, if you could compare the t200s to the vsonics when you get them, that'd be great!

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #48 of 563
Nov 12, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #49 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, those are the ones. They're actually pretty large and not very soft, so if you have small ears they may not work. I like them fine but still prefer sony hybrids.

ha, I ordered some of those last week thinking that they are just knockoff shure olives. Waiting for delivery. Other than the stiffness and size, how do they compare with the real Shure olives?

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #50 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ha, I ordered some of those last week thinking that they are just knockoff shure olives. Waiting for delivery. Other than the stiffness and size, how do they compare with the real Shure olives?

Erm... stiffness and size are pretty much the only differences. What else is there?

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #51 of 563
Quote:

Erm... stiffness and size are pretty much the only differences. What else is there?

What about sound? Does it muffle the highs like Comply?

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #52 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about sound? Does it muffle the highs like Comply?

Comply only muffles sound on a few select earphones IMO. I did not notice such effects with the 2-3 earphones I tried the VSonics on, but I did not use them extensively except with the ATH-CK10.

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #53 of 563
JVC marshmallow tips aren't meant to fit (different size tubes) but it does fit over the thicker (larger OD) end well enough to be used, don't think they sound as good as the stock tubes though
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #54 of 563
I couldn't get an adequate seal with the triflanges that came on the m6. Knowing that the Comply's would fit based on earlier discussions, I went straight to them since I had them already for my E2C's. Hard to describe the change or no change in SQ since I got no bass due to lack of a seal with the stock tips. The Comply's disappear in my ears comfortwise and the seal was great. The Comply's don't muffle any sound to my ears for either the E2C or the M6.

I will definitely post impressions of the Vsonics. In fact if they are slightly larger, they might fit my ears a tad bit better. The M6's are a tad smaller and don't go as far into the canal as the E2C's so they don't fit quite the same. A larger foam might give me the security I am looking for, not to imply that they aren't secure (especially with the memory wire, which I will probably cut out pretty soon).

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #55 of 563
Thanks Fraggler, that would be nice to hear
smily_headphones1.gif

I used the small tips today, I like them a lot, I'm sure there are better isolating ones still but the comfort and sound seems the best out of all the tips I currently have. Must be because they insert further and don't creep out.

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #56 of 563
Just removed the cheap copper wire from my M6's earpieces. BTW it's not "memory wire", just the opposite in fact. Memory wire is engineered to always return to it's original shape. Anyway, I wanted to leave some tubing in the strain relief to fill the gap, so I cut around the tube about 3/16" from the strain relief & then split the tube lengthwise with an Xacto blade. The tubing is heat shrink, but you must be careful at these close quarters. It's apparently pretty high temp shrink, as I had to make contact with the soldering iron. It shrank down fine then & turned very clear. They are burning-in now. Still need to get some better bi or tri flanges, as I don't get a good fit with the supplied ones.

Cheers,
kev

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #57 of 563
They didn't even give me any bi or tri flanges. I have to fiddle with the "memory" wire in order to make sure I get a good fit. I'm using the largest tips they gave me. They gave me foam tips, but they were stiff, scrunched and weren't very big.

I'm trying to decide between comply and the $2 vsonic tips. The comply ones are pricey though, but I don't know that the vsonic tips will fit properly...are they bigger or smaller than the JVC Marshmallow tips?

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #58 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by quadomatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They didn't even give me any bi or tri flanges. I have to fiddle with the "memory" wire in order to make sure I get a good fit. I'm using the largest tips they gave me. They gave me foam tips, but they were stiff, scrunched and weren't very big.

I'm trying to decide between comply and the $2 vsonic tips. The comply ones are pricey though, but I don't know that the vsonic tips will fit properly...are they bigger or smaller than the JVC Marshmallow tips?

If you got the foam tips, your M6's are the old version. They're not supposed to come with bi- or tri-flanges.

The VSonic tips are larger than Marshmallow tips.

The Sony Hybrids work really well with these, too.

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #59 of 563
Quote:

The Sony Hybrids work really well with these, too.

I think I would rather have foam tips though...those hybrid tips aren't foam correct? They're still rather expensive too.

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #60 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by quadomatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I would rather have foam tips though...those hybrid tips aren't foam correct? They're still rather expensive too.

only thing about those tips (sony hybrids) is that they come in a package with 4 sizes, but you're only going to use one size; the other 3 pairs go to waste. and when you need to buy replacements, you buy another package where 3 of them go to waste. woud've make a lot more sense if they sold them in a package with just one size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back