Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 10, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #1,126 of 6,783
  RAZR,
Make no mistake about it: the Mikros 90 produce DEEP, WELL-DEFINED bass.  They do not have the midbass hump/emphasis of many popular products out there.  The ML's bass is balanced, extended and articulate.
So vienbo may be actually perceiving/reporting lack of midbass emphasis--maybe not.  But his comments have tended to puzzle me.
However, anyone who auditions the Mikros 90 and concludes that they have "no bass", or that they are "bass light", is not listening to the same set of cans that I am.  In some cases, the Mikros 90's bass can go down--cleanly--to levels that seem to shake the ground beneath my feet.
For me, this is a Wild Card that is definitely worth playing.  The Mikros 90's low frequency response is "All Bass, No Mud".  
And apparently, they will not be around, or as plentiful, in another few months.
Knowing what I know now, I would have regretted not buying a pair if/when the supply vanishes.

there isn't a lack of bass, it's actually plentiful. However, at times, (and yes, this mostly pertains to the mid-bass) it isn't enough for me. Sometimes, to my ears, when the bass is not enough for me personally, I tend to call bass light.

And I already know it depends on recordings, which is why I say sometimes.

That's the only problem I have with it, but other than that, I'm in good terms with the mikrons.

Are you still puzzled? 

Besides, the ws99s and re700s keep me company for the bass and the rest of the sound spectrum.

Also, I retract my statement of instruments sounding thin.

They actually don't, after a few hours of wearing them the other day, I actually believe that they have enough weight to them, this headphone is awesome!

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #1,127 of 6,783
Well there's a set on ebay that I'm going to attempt snag for $60 ish but other than that unless I sell some gear that I have up they're going to have to wait. The HE-6 setup was priority number one so now these move up to being at the top spot but I just can't spend full price on them at the moment. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #1,128 of 6,783
  Haha - Well at this moment my wallet aches from getting the HE-6 all set up so unless I can sell my fostex t50rps and/or AKG K167s or get a used set of these for like $60 I do't have the funds. 

Like elvergun said: "the Hoard is strong" with the Mikros 90.
How many have you seen on the FS thread so far?
Mine aren't going anywhere.
When the supplies are depleted, used prices will--I would guess--tend to go up not down.  Look at the prices on used D2000 right now--usually about twice what they were when new to the market and plentiful.
I sent to you a PM regarding the second cable for your HE-6 . . . might free up some scratch for the Mikos 90.  
smile_phones.gif
  <-- RAZR diggin' his wonderful wild cards

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #1,129 of 6,783
  Well there's a set on ebay that I'm going to attempt snag for $60 ish but other than that unless I sell some gear that I have up they're going to have to wait. The HE-6 setup was priority number one so now these move up to being at the top spot but I just can't spend full price on them at the moment. 

You know by saying that here you probably just ruined that for yourself
smile_phones.gif

Won't be me though that starts driving up those bids as my pair is due tomorrow according to UPS.

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #1,130 of 6,783
  Like elvergun said: "the Hoard is strong" with the Mikros 90.
How many have you seen on the FS thread so far?
Mine aren't going anywhere.
When the supplies are depleted, used prices will--I would guess--tend to go up not down.  Look at the prices on used D2000 right now--usually about twice what they were when new to the market and plentiful.
I sent to you a PM regarding the second cable for your HE-6 . . . might free up some scratch for the Mikos 90.  
smile_phones.gif
  <-- RAZR diggin' his wonderful wild cards

Yeah I was one of the people who sold the Denon D2000s for slightly more than what I got it for after they were discontinued. Hopefully my fostex and k167s sell so that I can join the club. 
  You know by saying that here you probably just ruined that for yourself
smile_phones.gif

Won't be me though that starts driving up those bids as my pair is due tomorrow according to UPS.

Lol - I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to spend more money so if they skyrocket out of my range then so be it

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #1,131 of 6,783
  there isn't a lack of bass, it's actually plentiful. However, at times, (and yes, this mostly pertains to the mid-bass) it isn't enough for me. Sometimes, to my ears, when the bass is not enough for me personally, I tend to call bass light.

And I already know it depends on recordings, which is why I say sometimes.

That's the only problem I have with it, but other than that, I'm in good terms with the mikrons.

Are you still puzzled? 

Besides, the ws99s and re700s keep me company for the bass and the rest of the sound spectrum.

Also, I retract my statement of instruments sounding thin.

They actually don't, after a few hours of wearing them the other day, I actually believe that they have enough weight to them, this headphone is awesome!

Not bad.
We had vienbo tied to a chair and were working him with an electric cattle prod to get him to post this!   
deadhorse.gif

Not puzzled, really.  Just your listening preferences, V.  That's OK.  Although I am sorry to inform you that you have been denied nomination into the Mikros 90 Hall of Fame.  

And turn in your ws99s and re700s for pulverization.  JK!!!!  
smile_phones.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #1,132 of 6,783
  Okay guys, I pulled the trigger and got what I wanted :)

Network card for my Dad lol. Can't wait til they get here though :D

^ Man i am losing the headcount on my victims. : P

FiiO RC MH1 is IN!!!  There was 77 cents postage due, but the "postage due" notice must have gotten lost in the last snow storm.
I'll do raw, unburned-in impressions tonight when I get back from work, then run it in with my office equipment. 

^ My FiiO cable should be in by tomorrow if USPS is on tyme. :)

I ended up going for the cable as Im not sure the mikros are for me. Im more of a rock variant guy than a jazz one so the bass/not so full sound might be a problem for me. I went for the copper he-6 cable as I want to test the cable "myth" for myself. I figure if it doesn't make a difference or if I have a strong preference I can just sell it and get the mikros.

^ You're be back soon enough. Cables DOES make a diff but not as much as many make them out to be it seems is my experience. But if they get you that extra couple of percents, as i am trying to do here with the cable rollin' with these Logans it is worth it for me. BUT i personally wouldn't pay more than $50 for a cable though cuz like it be saying ad nauseam CABLE GUY$$$$$$$$ YOU JUST CAN'T TRUST THEM!!!
deadhorse.gif

I got home and it's not here yet T_T. I checked the tracking, and it hasn't even left UPS for delivery 
frown.gif

^ Hope you get them in soon.

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #1,133 of 6,783
Yeah, my sound preferences are a bit over the top imo.

However, the mikrons are my all time favorite headphones. They do best the re700s, and most of the times I have them on my head than the re700s. Looks like the re700s are my second fav now.

Good job mikro team!

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #1,134 of 6,783

However, the mikrons are my all time favorite headphones. They do best the re700s, and most of the times I have them on my head than the re700s. Looks like the re700s are my second fav now.

Good job mikro team!

^

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #1,136 of 6,783

Good job mikro team!

Whoa! Like Sf said!

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #1,137 of 6,783
  Just ordered these for $73 on Amazon thanks to a gift card. Was wondering if getting warranty is worth it since they're being discontinued? 

^ Welcome to the Logan cult club meng!!!
beerchug.gif

Whoa! Like Sf said!

But....... but he was referring to his beloved GODLY RE-700s NOT the older ES-700s.
eek.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #1,138 of 6,783
Wall of text.

The martins destroy this wall of text by providing a good shake n bass with beautiful mids and clear highs.

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #1,139 of 6,783
Feb 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #1,140 of 6,783
  ^ Welcome to the Logan cult club meng!!! 
beerchug.gif

But....... but he was referring to his beloved GODLY RE-700s NOT the older ES-700s. 
eek.gif

Thanks. Can't wait to get them. They should be here Thursday and I still need to buy an amp. Been mulling over the options for about the last 3 months. Keep coming back to the C5 but I really don't want to pay $200. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back