"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Jun 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #17 of 6,388
Quote:
Can you take a photo of the scratches and show em here? Also it'd be great to see how they actually look without professional photography glorification.

No. I do not want to post the pictures I have taken of the scratches until (and probably not even then) I have figured out where they have come from.

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #18 of 6,388
Are the scratches 'THAT' bad? lol

I guess I would be mad if they were on headphones such as the Fostex TH900 or Audio Technicas W3000ANV, you know, those with beautiful woods. Heck, my D5000s have a lot of "scratches" on the wood cups and they don't even get to me... so ...

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 6,388
I am very sensitive to damage, myself. I am very careful with my electronics, as a result. The scratches are not deep, but they are visible. That's enough for me to say that I did not get what I paid for, but whose responsible for that is as yet unknown.

I would like everyone to know MrSpeakers is being beyond reasonable with me, but I want to hear back from AVU (who sold me the headphones in "mint" condition) before MrSpeakers does anything unnecessary.

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #20 of 6,388
FWIW, I met AVU and he's a straight up fellow.  If damage occurred (maybe a wedding ring with a jewel while adjusting phones on the head, maybe packing it wrong for shipping, who knows), he may not have known or even been able to know or didn't cause the damage.

I really don't care how the damage occurred, I'll make sure Dorino is left with a mint set when he's ready. 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #22 of 6,388
Quote:
I am very sensitive to damage, myself. I am very careful with my electronics, as a result. The scratches are not deep, but they are visible. That's enough for me to say that I did not get what I paid for, but whose responsible for that is as yet unknown.

I would like everyone to know MrSpeakers is being beyond reasonable with me, but I want to hear back from AVU (who sold me the headphones in "mint" condition) before MrSpeakers does anything unnecessary.

If I bought the headphones at full price($300), I'd be bothered as well. On the other hand, you did get them at $160(according to the ad) and that's a smokin' deal. 
wink.gif

If I got them at nearly 50% myself, I wouldn't worry about it as much.

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #25 of 6,388
Quote:
That's really nice of MrSpeakers to go out of his way for a second owner. Something that the big companies normally wouldn't do.

Yes. Honestly, I've had as much listening time (3-4 hours) with LCD-2 headphones and other high end headsets and I would say these are comparable in all ways.

tl;dr buy them

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #28 of 6,388
Quote:
Yes. Honestly, I've had as much listening time (3-4 hours) with LCD-2 headphones and other high end headsets and I would say these are comparable in all ways.

tl;dr buy them

For many months, I've been a skeptic of such claims.  I've doubted how the modified Fostex could even begin to compare to some of the "big guys".  Having a few pair of HifiMAN headphones, but never hearing the Audeze, I have truly enjoyed my HifiMAN headphones had a signature that was far and above what the Fostex would offer.  Now, after having a good 5 or 6 months testing out various amps and sources, I'm ready to also indicate that the modified Fostex is good at competing with many of the higher priced brands.  The Fostex doesn't have any shrill treble and is a wonderful headphone to listen to for hours on end.

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #30 of 6,388
I heard Mad Dog headphones and compared to Thunderpants costing twice more and can say only one thing if you looking for headphones with well balanced sound go with Mad Dog but if you want emphisized overpowering bass which takes over entire track go with Thunderpants. The only reason i didn't buy Mad Dog's is because when driven by Cowon A3 player the bass is not as deep and punchy as T70p but may be different with different setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back