Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Apr 21, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #47 of 1,471
Spec in Applications lists "Bluetooth headphones", which is impossible without battery. Not sure what that means then.

Huge missed opportunity.
I think that’s for the chip, not necessarily W4.

Apr 21, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #49 of 1,471
From a chat group: RMB 3999

Just a little over US$580, or realistically around $600 outside of China if that was truly the price. That also easily get you a mid-end DAP all on its own.

Apr 21, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #50 of 1,471
Apr 22, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #51 of 1,471
Just a little over US$580, or realistically around $600 outside of China if that was truly the price. That also easily get you a mid-end DAP all on its own.
Yeah the price seems crazy. Can buy a brand new iFi Gryphon or a used Chord Mojo 2 with this money.

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #52 of 1,471
Yeah the price seems crazy. Can buy a brand new iFi Gryphon or a used Chord Mojo 2 with this money.
True, but it really boils down to the quality though. If it does provide comparable sound quality as Mojo 2, then it is justified.

Apr 24, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #58 of 1,471
That E7 is extremely expensive. I’m guessing that it’s supposed to replace the P6 pro?

Anyway, the way I see it is this: if the W4 matches or exceeds stuff near its price point, then why isn’t it a good buy? It’s more compact than both the ifi Griffon and Mojo 2, has similar driving power, has more intuitive controls than the Mojo and it’s more versatile vs Mojo (can connect it to laptops, smartphones, tablets, actually has a display, actually has usb-c, etc. ). If it has a way to adjust EQ, and brings some of the sound that the P6 Pro is known for then it’s a winner.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #59 of 1,471
That E7 is extremely expensive. I’m guessing that it’s supposed to replace the P6 pro?

Anyway, the way I see it is this: if the W4 matches or exceeds stuff near its price point, then why isn’t it a good buy? It’s more compact than both the ifi Griffon and Mojo 2, has similar driving power, has more intuitive controls than the Mojo and it’s more versatile (can connect it to laptops, smartphones, tablets, etc. ). If it has a way to adjust EQ, and brings some of the sound that the P6 Pro is known for then it’s a winner.
One of the things I liked about Luxury & Precision is that their high end products looked luxurious. A rare and beatuiful piece of audio art/collectible. The E7 in its pictures looks like a common mid-fi DAP. Then we have the 4497 chip. It may be implemented with great supporting processing but I wish it had something newer? Better? Different ? Only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back