Little Dot MKV available! Any Info/Opinions?
Dec 8, 2007 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 168

RogerB

100+ Head-Fier
Just noticed that the all new solid state LD MKV amp is available from David on ebay!!! I can't wait to hear opinions/ feedback on this amp.

Any comments or info out there???

Roger

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 168
Try the Search facility here.

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by jirams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the Search facility here.

Hard to search cuz MKV is too short for searching (or atleast I guess so). Even though it has been mentioned here, search engine finds none. Its still so new that I doubt no headfier owns one yet.

I would be very interested to this amp too, how it fares against its bigger competitors. Atleast on paper it seems good, but I would also like to hear some engineer heads opinion of its circuit design.

*edit* Scratch that, seems like search engine is working more properly now!

Dec 8, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 168
I've had my eye on the Little Dot's for a while now and was about to get the MKIV. Now I may have to wait until the reviews come in on the MKV. Be interesting to see how it compares to the Arietta and others.

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dual-mono single ended. how odd.

It sells more I guess. Balanced systems arent that common, so...

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #7 of 168
If the design does what DavidZ spells out in the Spec sheet, this might be a great headphone amp for my vintage pioneer stack. But, it sure would look nice stacked up with my MKIVse!
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sells more I guess. Balanced systems arent that common, so...

maybe. but what's the point of going to all that trouble to separate the left and right channels only to then force the signals together into a 1/4 inch single-ended jack. seems to defeat the purpose of dual mono.

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #9 of 168
Quote:

maybe. but what's the point of going to all that trouble to separate the left and right channels only to then force the signals together into a 1/4 inch single-ended jack. seems to defeat the purpose of dual mono.

It sells more I guess.
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #10 of 168
Quote:

Here is what the spec sheet says: "A new "dual-mono" design essentially has dual power sources, dual rectification, dual filters, and dual voltage regulation powering two independent amplifiers, one for each channel! This allows for vastly improved channel separation, reduced cross-talk and minimal intermodulation distortion resulting in expanded sound-stage, imaging precision, and lower overall noise."

I'm not an electrical engineer or designer, so I can't speak to that aspect of the MKV. I am interested in the possibility of the MKV being everything he says it is. For my needs, I would run record out from Tape 2 and be able to listen to any source connected to my pre-amp including my Technics Reel to Reels (RTR), cleanly amplified for headphones. I do this currently with one of my tube amps and it sounds great, but the sound is colored by the tube amp and I'd rather listen to the RTR master recordings un-altered and amplified, if possible, without breaking the bank!
biggrin.gif
It also has the dual inputs, so I could leave the pre-amp hooked up permanently and use the other input for my Zero DAC/Amp or other portable audio. It opens up quite a few possibilities I don't have right now.
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #14 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
received mine 3 days ago

Excellent! Got any early impressions for us??
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #15 of 168
My MKV just shipped 5 hours ago. Should be getting it some time after christmas. I would like to give a shout out to David from Little Dot for his excellent service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back