LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Apr 25, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #16 of 1,391
For the $1 down I'm in for Batch 22.  Balanced output for $225 is a helluva deal. Anybody else interested if you would like a referral code lemme know

May 1, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #18 of 1,391
  For the $1 down I'm in for Batch 22.  Balanced output for $225 is a helluva deal. Anybody else interested if you would like a referral code lemme know

Thank you! Balanced for $225 IS a helluva deal. I was there were people's email's I could put down so I could get that infinity upgrade.

May 4, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #20 of 1,391
It should be fine. I've connected my GO1000 as a DAC to an amp before with no issues. The output required for headphones is, voltage-wise, about the same as what a regular DAC outputs.

May 10, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #22 of 1,391
  Now we have the Geek GO V2+ available for pre-order. This is a battery operated Go V2 with all the same specs and works with a iOS apple and Android devices. It also has a balanced out. I ordered one it is exactly what I need.

YES! I was on the fence about getting one. Considered just getting the iDSD nano due to the battery option. Balanced and battery too? GETTING IT.

May 10, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #23 of 1,391
Moved the question to the v2+ thread.

May 12, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #25 of 1,391
So is there ANYBODY who makes a quality 3.5 mm TRRS connector? A balanced out is nice, but none of the well-regarded names (Furutech, Oyaideh, Neutrik, Switchcraft, etc.) make this format of plug that I've been able to find. That, plus the fact that one might accidentally mix up outputs because they're the same size, makes me wonder why not go with the existing Astell and Kearns 2.5mm balanced connector.

Still, totally going to have to buy one. But I just don't get it.

May 12, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #28 of 1,391
Man, after reading people's impressions of the V2 after some of the recent meets, I'm so glad I ordered one. If it clearly blows away my 450, I'm going to be very pleased.

May 12, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #29 of 1,391
So is there ANYBODY who makes a quality 3.5 mm TRRS connector? A balanced out is nice, but none of the well-regarded names (Furutech, Oyaideh, Neutrik, Switchcraft, etc.) make this format of plug that I've been able to find. That, plus the fact that one might accidentally mix up outputs because they're the same size, makes me wonder why not go with the existing Astell and Kearns 2.5mm balanced connector.

Alo Audio makes these cables I'm pretty sure. You may have to contact them directly though if you don't see it on their website.

May 14, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #30 of 1,391

Man, I was wondering the same thing. I can't seem to find a 3.5mm TRRS to dual XLR. My sub has a left and right XLR on it, but the 3.5mm is just 1 cord for left and right. Another question, will the connection stay balanced if I have an adapter to make it go to 3.5mm to 6.3mm?

Man, after reading people's impressions of the V2 after some of the recent meets, I'm so glad I ordered one. If it clearly blows away my 450, I'm going to be very pleased.

Is it really that much better than the 450? I have one myself.

Alo Audio makes these cables I'm pretty sure. You may have to contact them directly though if you don't see it on their website.

There was a website that made custom cables, but I don't remember the name...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back