KODA^2 - König's Ortho Dynamic Acrylic Headphones
Dec 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #77 of 203

Quote:

Closing the first cup - embedded screws and matte rough surface. 

Finally the first finished KODA^2 - IMHO it's much nicer looking than the prototype and almost 100 grams lighter. 
Very nice wiring, Neutrik plug and they are so comfortable. 

I'll get back tomorrow with some better pictures (this is from my mobile) and sound impressions - but I can reveal that the bass and treble is extended even farther with the small optimizations. Very positive initial impressions I must say!

Looks great! Can't wait to see the measurements on them. Have you considered doing the suspension headband mod for even better comfort?

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #78 of 203

Australian Walnut veneer

Ear side of cup (Australian walnut veneer cans)

New set finished last night... Hope you will like them Andrew, sorry for the poor mobile pictures.

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #79 of 203
Outstanding craftsmanship Rasmus. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to purchase a bespoke pair of KODA^2 headphones.

As we discussed I'll write a comparative review of the KODA^2 and my pair of Thunderpants headphones over the Christmas period and post my findings here.

Seasons greetings everybody. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #80 of 203
HOLY SOMETHING I CANT SAY ON THIS FORUM!!! I just got my pair, the ones depicted with the ebony shells - These things kick the Thunderpants out of the park! (At least the pair i had). I just did one of my tests to see if these have sub-bass (of which the thunderpants had next to none) and i didn't really expect these to either, but as a black dude i know said: "Daaaaaiiiuuummmm!!! Dats' some phat bass!!!". And not only that, its so well defined and textured that the only thing i have heard that is as detailed in the low frequencies are custom IEMs, and that says something! And note i dont have a headphone amp at the moment...
I will do a full review, possibly a video review, when i get my RSA SR71b and Burson ha160... I cant wait.... ^^

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #81 of 203

Quote:
Looks great! Can't wait to see the measurements on them. Have you considered doing the suspension headband mod for even better comfort?

Believe me, these are comfortable enough, i cant even feel the headband is there - the clamping is quite prominent though :p

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #82 of 203

Quote:
HOLY SOMETHING I CANT SAY ON THIS FORUM!!! I just got my pair, the ones depicted with the ebony shells - These things kick the Thunderpants out of the park! (At least the pair i had). I just did one of my tests to see if these have sub-bass (of which the thunderpants had next to none) and i didn't really expect these to either, but as a black dude i know said: "Daaaaaiiiuuummmm!!! Dats' some phat bass!!!". And not only that, its so well defined and textured that the only thing i have heard that is as detailed in the low frequencies are custom IEMs, and that says something! And note i dont have a headphone amp at the moment...
I will do a full review, possibly a video review, when i get my RSA SR71b and Burson ha160... I cant wait.... ^^

That just takes the biggest load of my shoulders and removes most of my stress. I have a very hard time coping with the pressure of living up to expectations, when doing a project with so much time and so much effort invested. It's hard not to get a litte emotioally involved.

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #83 of 203
Quote:
Believe me, these are comfortable enough, i cant even feel the headband is there - the clamping is quite prominent though :p  

That's good to hear, and it's nice to hear you're liking your pair! Unfortunately, my head seems extra sensitive to the pressure headphones apply to the top of my head. The only thing that's worked well for me with the T50RPs is a cushioned version of the suspension headband.

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #84 of 203

Quote:
Quote:

That's good to hear, and it's nice to hear you're liking your pair! Unfortunately, my head seems extra sensitive to the pressure headphones apply to the top of my head. The only thing that's worked well for me with the T50RPs is a cushioned version of the suspension headband.

This may seem strange, but try ask a martial arts master, (i know Kung Fu master can teach you this at least) and ask him for some training to "harden" your skull. My friend is a kung fu fighter and has been taught this, and you could hit him over the head with a shovel and he wouldn't complain (much). That might help you :p

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #85 of 203
Subscribed! Wow, totally beautiful work. 

I have a pair of T50RP's on the way, Rastapants 2 modded. Now I'm wondering if I should have sought out a pair of these!  
mad.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #87 of 203
VictorHaalgard,

I'm intrigued to know how you experienced such low bass without using a headphone amplifier. What were you plugging your KODAK ^2 into? 

Are you really suggesting that audiophiles undertake martial arts training hardening our skulls to compensate for inadequate headphone band padding?!?

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #88 of 203

Quote:
earlier he said the rastapants were best for the price/performance

so don't regret it.

Excellent...  The do seem like a huge value from all I read in the T50RP threads. They should arrive next week. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #89 of 203

Quote:
VictorHaalgard,

I'm intrigued to know how you experienced such low bass without using a headphone amplifier. What were you plugging your KODAK ^2 into? 

Are you really suggesting that audiophiles undertake martial arts training hardening our skulls to compensate for inadequate headphone band padding?!?

Hahaha, no, i dont want people to do so just for inadequate padding, simply if one is extremely sensitive on the top of the head, so that even with sufficient padding, which i feel these have (but still generally speaking), one suffers from "hotspots" of pain from headbands, such training - which is rather simple really, may be an option...Anyway, I meant it half seriously and half humorously :)

As for sources, I've just been using it straight out of my laptop, iPod (at full volume though) and iPhone (half vol) so far, with astounding results - I normally always carry a very good amp with me, but even if i didn't i would still want to use these for my portable setup because they isolate insanely well, and seem not to be too hard to get great sound from... :p

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #90 of 203
Weird. My S:Flo 2 doesn't drive my modded T50RPs properly even with the volume turned up all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back