May 18, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #32,463 of 64,076
May 18, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #32,464 of 64,076
From twitter, non-red ES4 photos.

DddKHdVUwAA9AiA.jpg
DddKIJHVQAEg6Na.jpg

May 18, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #32,466 of 64,076
May 18, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #32,467 of 64,076
+1 for ED9 an amazing little iem, I couldn't believe the sound either

I still have a pair of the ED9 black, one of the best overall cheap IEMs I've ever owned!

Easy going sound, nice construction, perfect for taking out and about. Not a fan of the springy rubber cable though, but at least it doesn't tangle much. Also they're quite heavy due to metal construction.

15266361263545882552009739284082.jpg

@B9Scrambler You DO need them! :deadhorse:

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #32,469 of 64,076
...and I still think ED9 sounds "splashy" and unnatural in highs, no matter what nozzle, tips or mods being used. Typical V-shaped FR also, tthough, quite fun otherwise.

May 18, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #32,470 of 64,076
...and I still think ED9 sounds "splashy" and unnatural in highs, no matter what nozzle, tips or mods being used. Typical V-shaped FR also, tthough, quite fun otherwise.

Agreed, it is splashy. However, I bought a newer version for my cousin last year and it was much more controlled up top than my original, early release version. Hoping my new one is too. Seems they changed the drivers from a bio-diaphragm to titanium coated, if the marketing blurbs are to be believed.

May 18, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #32,471 of 64,076
Hi guys, what do you think about DZAT DF 10 vs KZ ZSR, I just read some reviews of DZAT DF 10 and looks like it is an awesome earphone, and ZSR is loved by many members in this thread, they are the same price so I don't know what to chose (DF 10 looks so beautiful). I prefer clear and natural sound and listen to mostly pop music, I'm not a basshead and don't like too much treble, balance and natural sound is best for me.

P/s: I read reviews on http://www.thephonograph.net/scores-comparison/ I don't know if this site is accurate, I just saw Rock Zircon got a low score and guess that it is pretty accurate. :D
the dzat is much more comfortable and prettier to look at; they're both easy to drive tho the kzr isolates much better. soundwise i wouldn't describe either as balanced--they both have enhanced low end, though not at basshead levels. most would find the ksr to be bigger sounding and technically better, with superior imaging and layering, but also more colored; the dzat is the more natural sounding, with good overall clarity. both are recommended.

May 18, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #32,472 of 64,076
Agreed, it is splashy. However, I bought a newer version for my cousin last year and it was much more controlled up top than my original, early release version. Hoping my new one is too. Seems they changed the drivers from a bio-diaphragm to titanium coated, if the marketing blurbs are to be believed.
nice to see you come around on the ed9, which remains unassailable in my pantheon of kzs.

May 18, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #32,473 of 64,076
nice to see you come around on the ed9, which remains unassailable in my pantheon of kzs.

I've always liked it and think it's very good, but the splashiness keeps me from listening to it for any length of time. It's on my recommended KZs list and along with the ATR will be staying there once I finally get around to updating it. ZST and ZS3 will be getting the boot for the ZSR and ZS10. ED10 will need to go as well since it's no longer available :frowning2: Not sure what I'm going to replace it with just yet.

May 18, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #32,475 of 64,076
Hello all!

-Please some one, clear this up, i am so confused now, Heres the thing! I got ZSR right, a really nice sounding pair, what is now the "new" improved better iem from kz that is improvement over ZSR that i got? zs10? es4? zs7?

Please, help me understand/choose, if i were to want to buy something better, what would be a safe bet? just for fun. ZSR is good, what is even more adanced? (detailed,soundstage etc)

THANK YOU Headfiers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back