Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 18, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #32,477 of 64,257
I only wish that current ATE/ATR will stay same SQ and tuning and KZ keeps producing these forever :D

May 18, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #32,479 of 64,257
Hello all!

-Please some one, clear this up, i am so confused now, Heres the thing! I got ZSR right, a really nice sounding pair, what is now the "new" improved better iem from kz that is improvement over ZSR that i got? zs10? es4? zs7?

Please, help me understand/choose, if i were to want to buy something better, what would be a safe bet? just for fun. ZSR is good, what is even more adanced? (detailed,soundstage etc)

THANK YOU Headfiers!
That is too soon to tell. No one of us has received all three of them yet. :)

May 18, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #32,480 of 64,257
Hi guys, what do you think about DZAT DF 10 vs KZ ZSR, I just read some reviews of DZAT DF 10 and looks like it is an awesome earphone, and ZSR is loved by many members in this thread, they are the same price so I don't know what to chose (DF 10 looks so beautiful). I prefer clear and natural sound and listen to mostly pop music, I'm not a basshead and don't like too much treble, balance and natural sound is best for me.

P/s: I read reviews on http://www.thephonograph.net/scores-comparison/ I don't know if this site is accurate, I just saw Rock Zircon got a low score and guess that it is pretty accurate. :D
I really liked my DZAT DF-10. They were well-balanced. Some say they can be sibilant but I didn't encounter that. Perhaps that's due to the memory foam tips; I dunno. YMMV
The only negative I found was the rubber cord. I lent the pair to somebody and they stopped working after that. It was an AwSh** Moment.
I never owned ZSR so I cannot answer.
I just ordered Urbanfun Hybrid, with a better cord, to replace these. We shall see.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #32,481 of 64,257
I really liked my DZAT DF-10. They were well-balanced. Some say they can be sibilant but I didn't encounter that. Perhaps that's due to the memory foam tips; I dunno. YMMV
The only negative I found was the rubber cord. I lent the pair to somebody and they stopped working after that. It was an AwSh** Moment.
I never owned ZSR so I cannot answer.
I just ordered Urbanfun Hybrid, with a better cord, to replace these. We shall see.

Do you own any KZ? Do you prefer DF10 over your KZ?

May 18, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #32,482 of 64,257
In the "I wish KZ still made these pile" along with the Micro Ring and ANV. :D

In my "I wish KZ still made these pile" I'd throw the ED8 in with the ED10. The design is polarizing and they are heavy but I listened to my set two nights ago and enjoyed every minute. Lover'ly deeeeep kick to that bass!

71KPkK1KK9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Being an early adopter of KZ's has been quite rewarding.
I bought backup pairs for both models but the first pair (for both) are as good as new even with hundreds of hours on each.

Glad to have both!

61iEPJmZUjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

To me, the ED10's drawback was slightly splashy treble and soundstage lack of depth but it ticked a lot of boxes.

Popped them in so I could listen to the ED10 theme song right now....

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #32,484 of 64,257
Has anyone here ever written a comparison of all the kz iems?

May 18, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #32,486 of 64,257
I heard someone say they thought the ZSA would be an upgrade over the ZS6. It doesn't seem like an upgrade. To me the ZSA looks like a beta earphone (which some may say is all KZ models), but the reason I say this is because:
1) "Self developed 8mm driver"-have they used this terminology before or is this just marketing jibberish
2) "upgraded BA", but they don't list the model. We can only assume its a modified 30095...or again jibberish
3) It is not the YZ35 model that promised 1 DD +2BA, and thephonograph hype machine states KZ still plans on releasing a YZ35 variation of this form factor.

Because I seem to have joined the "headphone of the month club"(TM), I am trying to decide if I want to pick up the ES4 or the ZSA. Anyone one else get this feeling the ZSA will not be around as long as the ES4 since the ES4 was a planned/teased release?

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #32,487 of 64,257
Has anyone here ever written a comparison of all the kz iems?

https://thecontraptionist.blog/category/knowledge-zenith/

I am currently going through many classic KZ's and posting them here on Head-Fi

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-edr1-in-ear-monitor.22987/reviews

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-atr-in-ear-monitor.23032/reviews

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-ed3-perfection.22988/

More to come.

Durwood
I heard someone say they thought the ZSA would be an upgrade over the ZS6. It doesn't seem like an upgrade.

Anyone one else get this feeling the ZSA will not be around as long as the ES4 since the ES4 was a planned/teased release?

I would take the "upgrade over the ZS6" claim with a pinch of salt....correction, pound of salt. I doubt that the single DD used in the ZSA will be as adept at separating sub-bass and mid-bass frequencies as the ZS6's two separate DD's separate said frequencies. It's not impossible but I doubt it's the case. Same goes for the ZSA's single BA for treble and midrange versus the ZS6's separate BA's for said frequencies.

I'm expecting the ZSA to be a great addition to my KZ collection but until there is enough feedback to make an informed decision it's best to keep definitive statements to nought.

HTB1Nu4gruGSBuNjSspbq6AiipXaA.jpg_640x640q90-1.jpg

Regarding the ZSA being short-lived, I wouldn't give this much thought either since KZ made it clear that they spared no expense to give us well crafted CNC Aluminum housing.

HTB18.AXi5OYBuNjSsD4q6zSkFXaz.jpg_640x640q90-2.jpg

Return on investment dictates that the ZSA should be with us for a while provided KZ continues that which has become synonymous with their brand, exceptional price-to-performance ratio.

Think about it:
CNC aluminum housing, detachable cables and hopefully great tuning

.....ALL FOR $22!

HTB1LhjIi2iSBuNkSnhJq6zDcpXar.jpg_640x640q90-1.jpg

I'd like to see KZ continue on this path of high quality metal housing. It's one of the factors that set them apart from every other wannabe in the growing sea of budget oriented Chi-Fi brands. KZ actually needs this edge to stay in the forefront. The only reason they haven't been dethroned as "budget king" is because others brands tend to have a one-hit-wonder or two.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #32,489 of 64,257
I heard someone say they thought the ZSA would be an upgrade over the ZS6. It doesn't seem like an upgrade. To me the ZSA looks like a beta earphone (which some may say is all KZ models), but the reason I say this is because:
1) "Self developed 8mm driver"-have they used this terminology before or is this just marketing jibberish
2) "upgraded BA", but they don't list the model. We can only assume its a modified 30095...or again jibberish
3) It is not the YZ35 model that promised 1 DD +2BA, and thephonograph hype machine states KZ still plans on releasing a YZ35 variation of this form factor.

Because I seem to have joined the "headphone of the month club"(TM), I am trying to decide if I want to pick up the ES4 or the ZSA. Anyone one else get this feeling the ZSA will not be around as long as the ES4 since the ES4 was a planned/teased release?

Best advice I can give is just wait for release before deciding anything. Lots of other IEMs being released from lots of other brands if you're worrying about value. If you're just collecting, then by all means, order away. Announcement and marketing materials doesn't mean a whole lot, especially for chi-fi.

There are a few discontinued models from KZ, so its a bit of a toss. Despite that, you can still order some old models if you're willing to look (and maybe pay a bit more depending on the rarity or your luck).

KZ official store on taobao (well, its tmall, a more verified part of taobao):
https://kzyingyin.tmall.com/categor...5.w4010-13575382658.2.537c312cQOafSA&search=y

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #32,490 of 64,257
Just got my ES4's today, took a while to find tips to suit me (Starlines didn't do it yet do on many iems). Once found I'm happy to report KZ treble is back bass is fine, glad to have them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back