Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 17, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #32,446 of 64,256
Dear lort, I had to unsubscribe from this thread because it moves so rapidly... but I’ve been reading the last 9 pages ... has anyone received their ZSA yet?

May 17, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #32,447 of 64,256
Or the ED9!
Why start with just one? He was looking at spending 50 dollars. Get the zsr, ed9, edr1, and ate for about $50 total!

My coworkers are really starting to question my sanity with how many pairs arrive weekly lately....

May 17, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #32,448 of 64,256
Why start with just one? He was looking at spending 50 dollars. Get the zsr, ed9, edr1, and ate for about $50 total!

My coworkers are really starting to question my sanity with how many pairs arrive weekly lately....

Haha, good question! ED9 is a two-in-one deal and imo is a good rep for the general KZ house sound. Not the best of the bunch but it's up there. If he doesn't like the ED9's sig, that dislike might carry over to other models and lead to immense displeasure. Since they're still exceptionally cheap, no love lost if he doesn't like it.

May 17, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #32,449 of 64,256
I kind of hope it doesn’t use zs7 name.
Zs5/6 are similar in shape and sound. Are both 2ba/2dd.
To Keep it consistant the next Zs7 should be metal and use 2/2 or something similar.
This reminds me of an updated ZSR. ZSS or something haha
If they want to be really consistent, maybe the ZS7 will look like the new Campfire Atlas or Comet :^)

May 17, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #32,450 of 64,256
Dear lort, I had to unsubscribe from this thread because it moves so rapidly... but I’ve been reading the last 9 pages ... has anyone received their ZSA yet?

Just ordered mine yesterday from KZ Official Store. It's still being processed so it hasn't shipped out yet.

May 17, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #32,451 of 64,256
Jeeeez... They are going to run out of names soon. Looks like they introduce a new model every week. Waiting for the first review of the zsa and we are already talking about 16BAs and the zs7. There's not even enough time for the shipping before you start dreaming about the new improved model..

If they can't even roll out the proper model name (ED16?/ZS7?) upon release then whomever is in charge of marketing needs to find another career......soon!

Pretty soon they'll have a "Jaws 19 Edition"

jaws 19 (3).jpg

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #32,452 of 64,256
Haha, good question! ED9 is a two-in-one deal and imo is a good rep for the general KZ house sound. Not the best of the bunch but it's up there. If he doesn't like the ED9's sig, that dislike might carry over to other models and lead to immense displeasure. Since they're still exceptionally cheap, no love lost if he doesn't like it.

The ED9 is THE ORIGINAL Chi-Fi bargain. I think I paid $12 back in 2015.

When I first popped them in I couldn't believe I paid $12 for a chrome-plated IEM with interchangeable filters and a durable cable that sounded great. That shield-shaped case just reeled me in, too.

417FRl+qHmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71mOCdAsBZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
downloadfile-1.jpg
61BOl0tXLgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It actually started with the EDSE but two chrome ED9's and one black ED9 later........had to find out more about the company.........and here we are.

2018-05-17 16.34.25.png

Prior to hearing the ED9 I was a fan of SoundMAGIC and the tuning of the original ES18. I still have one pair of working original ES18's which weren't a far cry from the ED9 sound signature , though the ES18 treble was slightly tapered. SoundMAGIC degraded the tuning of the ES18 to a muffled mess just when the EDSE and ED9 came out and the rest is history.

SoundMAGIC gradually disappeared from my radar. I don't think many people realized the whole "bait 'n switch" but the direct result of that foolishness is I lost respect for them.

T2QLJ0XiNcXXXXXXXX_!!709022631.jpg

Wasn't until the ZS1 and ATE were modified that I figured out that this is common practice in Shenzen.

Fade to black

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #32,454 of 64,256
When I first popped them in I couldn't believe I paid $12 for a chrome-plated IEM with interchangeable filters and a durable cable that sounded great. That shield-shaped case just reeled me in, too.
Had to find out more about the company.........and here we are.
Stop frustrating me with those yellow silicone tip photos! I might just buy a pair of akg y20 in yellow and steal them from those.

May 17, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #32,456 of 64,256

It actually started with the EDSE but two chrome ED9's and one black ED9 later........had to find out more about the company.........and here we are.

Prior to hearing the ED9 I was a fan of SoundMAGIC and the tuning of the original ES18. I still have one pair of working original ES18's which weren't a far cry from the ED9 sound signature , though the ES18 treble was slightly tapered. SoundMAGIC degraded the tuning of the ES18 to a muffled mess just when the EDSE and ED9 came out and the rest is history.

SoundMAGIC gradually disappeared from my radar. I don't think many people realized the whole "bait 'n switch" but the direct result of that foolishness is I lost respect for them.

Wasn't until the ZS1 and ATE were modified that I figured out that this is common practice in Shenzen.

Fade to black

Yup, ED9 is a classic. So much so that I just ordered a black one for myself :D Sure as heck don't need it. I just want it. No, no I need it. Yup.

May 17, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #32,458 of 64,256
May 18, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #32,459 of 64,256
Hi guys, what do you think about DZAT DF 10 vs KZ ZSR, I just read some reviews of DZAT DF 10 and looks like it is an awesome earphone, and ZSR is loved by many members in this thread, they are the same price so I don't know what to chose (DF 10 looks so beautiful). I prefer clear and natural sound and listen to mostly pop music, I'm not a basshead and don't like too much treble, balance and natural sound is best for me.

P/s: I read reviews on http://www.thephonograph.net/scores-comparison/ I don't know if this site is accurate, I just saw Rock Zircon got a low score and guess that it is pretty accurate. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back