Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 14, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #6,391 of 63,943
  Listened to my ED9's for several hours yesterday and I truly can't believe how marvelous they sound irrespective of price. I purchased a second pair so I can have one set up with brass nozzles and the other with the gold. Amazing! I have some decent equipment and the ED9 punches so high above its price. So glad I found this thread which turned me on to some great IEM for the hot summer here in N.E. and even though the temps are dropping I'm keeping the ED9 (ED10 & ATE also) close by. I would say if you have someone who just appreciates good sound point them toward the ED10, if they are a more analytical listener and like options the ED9 is it and if they prefer a smoother laid back yet still excellent sound quality the ATE is fantastic!

As an owner of both, if you liked the ED9, the Havi B3 will be worth the money. The ED9 is great, but its price point definitely shows as everything sounds a bit metallic. The Havi also has a larger soundstage and better isolation. The sound signature isn't a 1:1 match however and the Havi's treble is more laid back. The Havi responds MUCH better to EQ, especially lower bass EQ which is a lost cause for the ED9.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #6,392 of 63,943
  Quote:
ED11 is not the Formal version, it is said that is the revise the ED10, the sound is similar.
So that, If I didnot have ED10, will think about to get this one.
regular_smile%20.gif

Thanks for the clarification! 
regular_smile .gif

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #6,394 of 63,943
So i just received the ZN1......

KZ WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING???? The iem is beautiful! It fits incredibly comfy!! feels like the Heir universals in my ears man! and the sound. The SOUND is INCREDIBLE (in passive mode). Such a gigantic soundstage! And that's coming from a Havi user. It's a Havi with BASS. And maybe a little less top end sparkle. but WOW.

Then i turn on the amp section.....

Mehhh sound became super tinny and distant. even my phone can produce louder volume in passive mode. @Horton I don't care about the separate amp sections but please PLEASE release this as a standalone! Without the Eqbox. I'll buy it. As is it's better off recabled imo. Thankfully they let it run on passive mode..

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #6,395 of 63,943
  Apparently there's an ED11 now. Look like the ED10 with a more golden back.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/FGSAGHHJH/523133_32464558733.html

Wonder if it`s only external looks change like ATE basically had or sound signature has also changed
rolleyes.gif
Who`s willing to take a shot for everybody?

KZ WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING???? The iem is beautiful! It fits incredibly comfy!! feels like the Heir universals in my ears man! and the sound. The SOUND is INCREDIBLE (in passive mode). Such a gigantic soundstage! And that's coming from a Havi user. It's a Havi with BASS. And maybe a little less top end sparkle. but WOW.

You caught my intrest in these now... BUT... for that price range there are many others to try with lot of positive feedback without needing to be recabled etc.

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #6,396 of 63,943

Mehhh sound became super tinny and distant. even my phone can produce louder volume in passive mode. @Horton I don't care about the separate amp sections but please PLEASE release this as a standalone! Without the Eqbox. I'll buy it. As is it's better off recabled imo. Thankfully they let it run on passive mode..

I'm glad I'm not the only who isn't disappointed in the ZN1 
biggrin.gif
 My impressions (previous page) are quite similar to yours as well, good soundstage, (mid)bass, smooth treble, amp doesn't go louder than passive mode...

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #6,397 of 63,943

Wonder if it`s only external looks change like ATE basically had or sound signature has also changed
rolleyes.gif

You caught my intrest in these now... BUT... for that price range there are many others to try with lot of positive feedback without needing to be recabled etc.

Totally agree. KZ needs to release this iem on its own. It would be worth it even if it was $30.

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #6,398 of 63,943
Sep 14, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #6,399 of 63,943
Wonder if it`s only external looks change like ATE basically had or sound signature has also changed :rolleyes: Who`s willing to take a shot for everybody?

Looks like it has the same frequency response, strange that they would give it a different name though

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #6,400 of 63,943

rolleyes.gif

Thought about buying ED11 but I'm going to wait a while when the prices drop a bit and more vendors start offering it.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #6,401 of 63,943
  Probably that. I got those EDSE (=ED2) and I wasn't impressed. Sony's earphones that were bundled with my Xperia smartphone sound more detailed, ED2 sounds more like listening through a can. The sound isn't that bad, it's just unremarkable and forgettable. KZ GR are too bass-oriented and they lack any mids and highs whatsoever, the sound is completely inaccurate, and they are so big and heavy that they barely stay in the ear. KZ IE80 is great for the Hi-Res lovers, but it's rather expensive and barely got any mass attention. Can't say much about the other KZ's only that they mostly heavy and uncomfortable to wear and/or look like overblown spaceships with childish markings on them that are laughable to look at (ED8m & ED9). That's where the ED10 comes in and changes the game. It is very comfortable and stays firmly in the ear. I'd say since ATE, ED10 and the new ZN1 they completely changed their image, and make more effort to appeal to the wider public.

It looks like it by the pictures, but let's remember that this driver is 9mm (vs 8mm of Zircon), it's input power is 3mW (vs 1mW of Zircon) and rated power of 5mW (vs 3mW of Zircon), so I'm expecting a true bomb here, no less.

+1 for the ROCK Earphones thread. If Knowledge Zenith has one, I think ROCK definitely deserves one! It took KZ until ED10 to reach well-deserved recognition around here, but it only took the Zircon for ROCK to reach that recognition. 
smily_headphones1.gif

You definitely should get the Zircon, I just ordered a spare one if anything ever happens to my current ones since I'm using them daily.

Just some thoughts: You use a highly DSP modded source so would be wise to also state that on your opinions about earphones, makes things easier to someone who didn't read your past coments.

ROCK didn't reach anything yet. Hype is very different from recognition. Not saying that they don't sound good or nothing. KZ's is around these forums for almost 2 years (first from the asian/chinese thread, now with it's own thread) so let's see if they will survive after 1 year +, making various releases with continuous improvement or fade away like many before them. 

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #6,402 of 63,943
Picked up the zn1 today from the post office. Sound pretty good to me. They kinda sound like ATEs with the clarity of the ED9. They do sound reasonably good passively but with the amp turned on, you can add a nice bit of warmth to the sound. But yeah the quality of these are pretty poor. Initially the amp wasn't powering on and I ended up opening it up to see i there was anything obviously wrong. Didn't do anything but they started working, And also they hiss quite a bit, whenever they is no music playing or when I press the mic button it gets particularly bad. Also they only sound good out of my phone and not my computer (even passively). It's as if only one out of the dual drivers is working. Its odd as usually four pole iems work fine out of the pc.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #6,403 of 63,943
Just some thoughts: You use a highly DSP modded source so would be wise to also state that on your opinions about earphones, makes things easier to someone who didn't read your past coments.

ROCK didn't reach anything yet. Hype is very different from recognition. Not saying that they don't sound good or nothing. KZ's is around these forums for almost 2 years (first from the asian/chinese thread, now with it's own thread) so let's see if they will survive after 1 year +, making various releases with continuous improvement or fade away like many before them. 
+1 on that. Kz's price to performance has been outstanding with quite a few of their last offerings. Zircon is a damn good earphone, but I still feel ed9 bests it in detail retrieval.

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #6,404 of 63,943

Exactly what I demand.... I have decent hardware and I've carefully tuned everything to suit my taste, I don't really want another processing section. Release this and I'm sold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back