Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 12, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #6,361 of 63,942
cool.gif
The Zircon's are indeed a great earphone, probably the Best I've run into from a Price/Performance level. However they DO have genre-specific limitations. Their Bass, While EXCEPTIONAL for Trance and EDM is a Tad slow for Speed METAL. I find them Stunning for Classical and Jazz as well.

My NEW #1 is However: IS ABSOLUTELY the Bette (F3) 10mm. I can't begin to describe how layered and Balanced it's signature is.

I've posted my thoughts in detail on a couple other threads.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #6,362 of 63,942
My LG G3 is a boss in terms of music playback. Sound as good to my ears as many popular DAPs

Seriously? My buddy has LG G3 with Beats Solo2, and he was shocked about the sound he was getting after I flashed Dolby Atmos + Arkamys on his phone. Before that, it was very generic sounding, and rather quiet.

Quote:

cool.gif
The Zircon's are indeed a great earphone, probably the Best I've run into from a Price/Performance level. However they DO have genre-specific limitations. Their Bass, While EXCEPTIONAL for Trance and EDM is a Tad slow for Speed METAL. I find them Stunning for Classical and Jazz as well.

My NEW #1 is However: IS ABSOLUTELY the Bette (F3) 10mm. I can't begin to describe how layered and Balanced it's signature is.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Interesting! Can't seem to find them anywhere... mind sharing where I can get them, but not for $40? xD

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #6,363 of 63,942

cool.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

warm tone or cool/cold tone etc on the Bette ?

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #6,364 of 63,942
Thought my ED9 had died already in one driver but for some reason my Macbook Air volume was slammed to one side away hidden in preferences. Weird !

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #6,365 of 63,942
Interesting! Can't seem to find them anywhere... mind sharing where I can get them, but not for $40? xD

Try Aliexpress, that's where I first found them.

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #6,367 of 63,942

warm tone or cool/cold tone etc on the Bette ?

cool.gif
At first i thought it was a little Bright for my tastes, (I prefer warmer), But after listening to it for almost 8Hrs. Fri Night I concluded: it isn't BRIGHTNESS per se It's DETAIL.

Some May say a mild V for EQ, but I think they are almost flat and balanced.

JMHO mind you.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #6,368 of 63,942

cool.gif
Igor I don't think they are less expensive than $43 USD anywhere, (they were originally +$70). UNLESS you Try the Smaller 8mm Version which is getting very good reviews. Here are links for Both:

From the ORIGINAL Manufacturer Store, BTW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814730671?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also realize it's not a fair comparison single to multi Driver and pricepoint BUT who would be in a better position to make an assessment? I own 2 Pairs Of the Zircons and the 10mm bettes.

OH, and now thanx to your link, I have a Pair of the Mula's on the way.
biggrin.gif
Guess I'll just have to walk to work.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 13, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #6,369 of 63,942
Sep 13, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #6,371 of 63,942
OH, and now thanx to your link, I have a Pair of the Mula's on the way.
biggrin.gif
Guess I'll just have to walk to work.

You're a funny guy XD Yeah ROCK definitely earned my trust with their first earphones. Let's hope their second won't disappoint.

Sep 13, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #6,372 of 63,942
  You're a funny guy XD Yeah ROCK definitely earned my trust with their first earphones. Let's hope their second won't disappoint.

cool.gif
From the Pic It almost looks to be the Same Driver in a different body. Do they say what the body is made of?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #6,374 of 63,942

cool.gif
From the Pic It almost looks to be the Same Driver in a different body. Do they say what the body is made of?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

It looks like it by the pictures, but let's remember that this driver is 9mm (vs 8mm of Zircon), it's input power is 3mW (vs 1mW of Zircon) and rated power of 5mW (vs 3mW of Zircon), so I'm expecting a true bomb here, no less.

Love how Zircon/Rock has taken over this thread, haha. Twin or one of you other guys need to make an appreciation thread for those beauties! I would do it, but well, I don't own em yet, lol.

+1 for the ROCK Earphones thread. If Knowledge Zenith has one, I think ROCK definitely deserves one! It took KZ until ED10 to reach well-deserved recognition around here, but it only took the Zircon for ROCK to reach that recognition. :)
You definitely should get the Zircon, I just ordered a spare one if anything ever happens to my current ones since I'm using them daily.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #6,375 of 63,942
It looks like it by the pictures, but let's remember that this driver is 9mm (vs 8mm of Zircon), it's input power is 3mW (vs 1mW of Zircon) and rated power of 5mW (vs 3mW of Zircon), so I'm expecting a true bomb here, no less.

+1 for the ROCK Earphones thread. If Knowledge Zenith has one, I think ROCK definitely deserves one! It took KZ until ED10 to reach well-deserved recognition around here, but it only took the Zircon for ROCK to reach that recognition. :)
You definitely should get the Zircon, I just ordered a spare one if anything ever happens to my current ones since I'm using them daily.

ROCK thread created!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back