Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 15, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #541 of 10,033

K. Odin and Vali, presentation in Moscow

Awesome ? Especially with an improved cable ? 

see comments below (in russian)
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=142284&page=46&p=1882303&viewfull=1#post1882303
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=142284&page=47&p=1882343&viewfull=1#post1882343

Originally Posted by levap /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I plan to visit this show tomorrow. To try new cable from Kennerton and to get my brand new walnut-cups Odin )

Coincidence? 
wink.gif

I just ordered a second pair of K. Odin (with new walnut-cups) and also a Vali. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #544 of 10,033
One of the two developers of the K. Odin and Vali, pensive ...

Many reflexions ... 

Odin's wood cups : in sapele (stock), walnut (12 pairs), and karelian birch (2 pairs) : they are OK.
New drivers wired with litz wire : they are OK.
Odin's stock cable: the weakest link? 
What do I do ? choose a cable in massive silver ? ; choose a litz wire cable ?
but which ? ; what's worth the french litz wire cable ? (used with the Viva's amps and speakers) 
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #545 of 10,033
F... chinese magnets
Where the f... I'll get silver for the cables
Channel imbalance? Or no???
All the reviews in french
Most important - not to scratch cups

)))

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #546 of 10,033

Coincidence? 
wink.gif

I just ordered a second pair of K. Odin (with new walnut-cups) and also a Vali. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I traded with a friend Odin (+ some $) for Stax 009. And now I ordered Odin. And he is going to get 009 again. Circle of headphones life ) 

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #547 of 10,033
  F... chinese magnets
Where the f... I'll get silver for the cables
Channel imbalance? Or no???
All the reviews in french
Most important - not to scratch cups

)))

Thanks, Levap, for the translation of the russian text (inscribed on the picture above).

So, it would be the current profound reflexions of the russian developer ? 
(in pictured, above)

PS: it is necessary to understand the context, of these russian reflexions, for a better understanding of the russian text.
(Note: read also, for know exactly the context, the Russian and French forum).

Russian reflexions (for the developer) about:
Delayed delivery of Chinese Neodymium magnets (responsible of a manufacturing delay of the second batch of Odin)
Discussion of a possible problem of unbalance (or not) of the first copy of Odin, old, which would have well-traveled, and that could have been damaged after several falls and several public exhibitions.
Do not scratch the beautiful wood cups of the 2 or 3 Odin currently presented in Moscow and which will be delivered later in France (including the very fine copy, in wood Karelian birch).

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #548 of 10,033
  I traded with a friend Odin (+ some $) for Stax 009. And now I ordered Odin. And he is going to get 009 again. Circle of headphones life ) 

Personally I have sold my 009 to a friend, which allowed me to participate in the purchase of an other Odin (a gift) to another friend.
I have ordered a second Odin (and also a Vali) for the new quality wooden cups in walnut and for the new drivers wired with Litz wire (for the second batch of Odin's); I keep the first Odin, because this is my birthday present from my family and my friends for my 50th birthday.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #549 of 10,033
Number of coincidences is growing! I like to think about my second Odin as a present on my 40th birthday ))

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #551 of 10,033
At last! Head-fier with affection for a wine ))
For ages and music!
beerchug.gif

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #552 of 10,033
I'd been thinking about getting another Odin as well. But I'd have to make sure it's the newer batch. Personally, I'd love to have the 'Old Wood' finish (as shown in Kennerton website -- personally preferring that over a default Sapele and a new Walnut). Don't know if it'll ever become available.

But first thing first, have to find excuse to get another one. Hmmmm..... 

Btw, already told my local Kennerton dealer (yes, Thailand does officially have one) to get me one Vali. So, in a way, I'm in a 'pre-ordered' group :)

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #553 of 10,033
A priori, all Odin's of the first batch were sold (including a large majority in France);  the Odins, that will be sold now, will therefore be part of the second batch (with drivers optimized (and made reliable) upgraded with Litz wire).

Pity that the exceptional copy of the Odin, with wood cups in Karelian Birch, is inaccessible; I like it a lot ... It's really beautiful.
In another life ? 
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #554 of 10,033
A priori, all Odin's of the first batch were sold (including a large majority in France);  the Odins, that will be sold now, will therefore be part of the second batch (with drivers optimized (and made reliable) upgraded with Litz wire).

Pity that the exceptional copy of the Odin, with wood cups in Karelian Birch, is inaccessible; I like it a lot ... It's really beautiful.

In another life ? :wink:

Yeah. I just have to make sure that my local dealer doesn't have 1st batch left in stock. Just have to ask :)

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #555 of 10,033
  One of the two developers of the K. Odin and Vali, pensive ...

Many reflexions ... 

For justice, the other designer of the K. Odin and Vali, in Moscow, in surveillance of its headphones darlings.

His eyes seemed to say: " Me, living, not one of the headphones Odin that we designed, produced and handcrafted in Saint-Petersburg, with love, and that we have brought here, in Moscow, for the show, will suffer from the slightest scratch... I keep an eye on them ; I'm their guardian. " 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back