JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 3, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #76 of 10,747
I'm cross posting for the benefit of those who may miss my impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j...ml#post5732655 The short summary is: loved em' and am buying em'.

(Note, by the way, that this is an effective way to cross post, in case you ever need to do it. Beats the crap out of copying and pasting your own words into another thread and annoying those who have seen your post elsewhere already. I wish more people did it this way instead of repeating themselves over and over in different words.)

Jun 3, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #77 of 10,747
very nice wmcmanus question for you though. For the $100 dollar head-fi discount do we just let them know that when ordering? I am going to give them a call shortly when I have my impressions ready to go.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #78 of 10,747
Ugh!! I caved. Getting my impressions done on Friday.

I'm in your boat now Jamato- colour and artwork. What to do? Right now I'm thinking clear with two black aces on each one. Could change tomorrow though.
wink_face.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #80 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Art work on the 13's is 50 dollars extra. Not bad. I have in mind what I want but I am not sure of the main color yet. Ice blue?

I know UE was offering free art to anyone at CanJam (along with their 25% discount and free impressions). I was kind of hoping JH Audio would as well but guess not. No real loss though as I don't need the additional art.

Now I just have to decide between the JH10x3s and JH13s.

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #81 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know UE was offering free art to anyone at CanJam (along with their 25% discount and free impressions).

That was the deal I could really take advantage of...

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #82 of 10,747
has anyone spoken to them via email yet? I still have not gotten a response I am going to call them tomorrow though since I have the cash to order them up. But then again I emailed Brittany I just sent another email to Jerry himself.

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #83 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone spoken to them via email yet? I still have not gotten a response I am going to call them tomorrow though since I have the cash to order them up.

I assume you mean JH Audio? I have been emailing with Jerry on the 13's. So far every question has been answered. He said I may get misty eyed with these. I am not sure if he meant because of the sound from them or the sound my empty wallet. :^)

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #84 of 10,747
yea jh audio I just emailed jerry so hopefully I will get a response when I originally saw a contact email it was Brittany's so I guess may be it is not used. But either way I am uber excited for these things. Hope it makes me not want to look at head-fi for a while.

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #85 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But either way I am uber excited for these things. Hope it makes me not want to look at head-fi for a while.

ROTFL and over again, yeah, right, not look, hey your here with the rest of us and you ain't gettin' out. So clean those ears, get an extra job and put on that happy face, you know, the goofy one, the blissed out, what can I buy next. . . .

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #86 of 10,747
you would think having all of the top B&W speakers and McIntosh amps would keep you away from from thinkin about going crazy on head-fi but it is addictive lmao but yeah it is all go calling up Cove audiology in the next town over tomorrow making an appointment and will setup my purchase with Jerry I mentioned that head-fi discount when I sent him that email.

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #87 of 10,747
Its never enough. I love music and I also love working on gear. I have a dac that weighs 30 pounds due to the power supply. I built it and will, would, compare it to anything. Double nickel C core output transformers from Audio Note UK, Tantalums (the older good ones) for resistors and some good carbons. A heater voltage for the analog section floated 60 volts above ground so it is quiet and 3 years of experimentation. And still I wanted more until the wires in part of the power supply went up in flames. I fixed it but hey, Johnny, stop at some point, it sounds great. It's never enough. Balanced my amps and built a balanced out preamp with 1929 NOS Sylvania 27 mesh plates and on it goes. :^)

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #89 of 10,747
Wow Jerry already got back to me lol that is quality at 12:51 AM where we are in EST anyways looks good just need to have a couple of questions answered about cables and colors and I am all set.

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #90 of 10,747
The TWFK Series from Knowles are the armatures used for the High and Mid in the FreQShow.

I can conclude that the TWFK Series do in fact sound good. I would be interested to hear if this same topology of a large woofer driver and a TWFK Series dual balanced armature is being used in the JH10X3.

I could only imagine what six drivers would sound like!

I also noticed that my FreQShow IEMs got better with lots of play.

Honestly though, I think that I got a different FreQShow than everyone else since I had #1 and my impedance measures significantly lower (~10ohms/channel). Probably has to do with the crossover more than anything.

Would be very interested to hear someone with an early FreqShow model get the top of the line and comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back