Jaben Fear...
Jul 8, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #31 of 204

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words, you sound a lot like a friend(male^^) whom i met online... he was a genuinely nice person who talked me out of a lot of things that were bad for me... he's kinda like an angel, whenever i need someone to talk to, he's there and best of all, i can talk freely without censoring myself for fear that i would offend someone and he would never judge me...
as to you age, i don't think you can be that old... just that wise. Jaben is definitely a stepping stone or in my words, a test, that i have to pass... i will try again this weekend and see how that goes... and what you said last, was classic Brian^^

I've got a new name! Brian, oh wait. I didn't tell you?
biggrin.gif

Anyway, you are most welcome. I'm not that angel, but if you need someone to talk to and I can spare the time, then I'll be around.

I'm 25 turning 26 and I'm about 4 - 5 years older than everyone my year in university. It makes me feel old just going to university lol.

Quote:
Yup, apparently after i started this thread, Vanassa from Jaben sent me a message, it was very sweet of her and i was touched.

Good to hear that. I was thinking of dropping them a mail, but I'm glad they spoke to you and hopefully everything is sorted
smile_phones.gif

What earphones are you looking at anyways? Or headphones for that matter.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #32 of 204
IT. IS. TIME

to head down to try out everything that you longed to try out! did van volunteer to help you out? hahaha

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #33 of 204

Quote:
I know this may sound very stupid but i have this weird phobia regarding males because of some bad experiences with the opposite sex in the past so when i went into Jaben today(i was so excited as i was like dreaming of this day cuz my schedule is usually packed so today was my only free day^^) and saw only like 6-7 males with the whole shop quiet and all, i freaked and ran as fast as i could out of there so it was like one foot in then before you can blink i was out of there...

please, please help me, i really want to try out the earphones there but with my heart thundering away in my chest that's kind of hard to do... i really need to get over that strange phobia...(probably why i'm in a girls' school...)

-sad-

Hi Alyssa,

If you feel it, then it's not stupid.  I just have to say that. :)

Something that helped me with various issues I had was the Emotional Freedom Technique. They used to have a direct link to a free manual, but now seem to require you submit your email address for a "Starter Kit". It does work and has with myself and a few people "reset" (the best word I can use to describe it) some serious emotional distress we had related to various issues.  While it wont magically cure you of anything, it made my life a lot easier.

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #35 of 204
I don't dare to step into Jaben either. Worried about my wallet :)

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #36 of 204

Quote:
I don't dare to step into Jaben either. Worried about my wallet :)

I'm not worried. I never have money when I'm back in Singapore. lol. That and I've already depleted funds thanks to this hobby so lol.

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #38 of 204

Quote:
The IE8 and the ACS custom tip cost quite a lot huh? 
biggrin.gif

L3000.gif

I'm yet to update my my review on it. I will when I get some time to properly acclimatise to the difference. I've just been lazy and running around trying to run some errands and get some equipment, but failing; and organising the meet in Perth. heh. Sorry!

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #39 of 204

Quote:
L3000.gif

I'm yet to update my my review on it. I will when I get some time to properly acclimatise to the difference. I've just been lazy and running around trying to run some errands and get some equipment, but failing; and organising the meet in Perth. heh. Sorry!

It's fine, take your time. Meanwhile I will receive my custom tips for my sm3 too 
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #40 of 204

Quote:
It's fine, take your time. Meanwhile I will receive my custom tips for my sm3 too 
biggrin.gif

heh. I'm waiting for a nice budget desktop DAC to come out now and that will be my last bit of spending for now I reckon.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #42 of 204
Friday Night is coming... :D

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #44 of 204
If jaben is too much for you, try stereo at woodlands? There are females working there.

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #45 of 204

Quote:
What's happening this Friday?

I think there's always some sort of party every Friday. I always get something like that in the Jaben notifications. No idea why I signed up for their email list. I live in the USA.

There should be a Jaben store here. Specifically in Chicago.
biggrin.gif
There's one in Europe isn't there?

Wish I could help the OP get over her fears. I've been told by my female friends (who make up a majority of my friends, strangely enough) I'm a harmless guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back