Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Sep 6, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #2,057 of 4,830

Damn this place, I wasn't in the market for headphones... but they are pretty. 

Sonics match the looks too 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #2,058 of 4,830

Sonics match the looks too 
very_evil_smiley.gif

They do look quite good so it's nice to hear that they sound just as good. Quick questions (one of which may already have been answered at some point): are the earpads oval or circular shaped in terms of the opening and will there be velour pads or velour/leather pads (kinda like the Hifiman Focus pads)?

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #2,059 of 4,830
Pads are circular.  Bob asked me to do sort of a mini-review based on the prototypes - so I'll crank that out as soon as I can.

Apparently there are bigger pads to come and also velours.

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #2,061 of 4,830
They're sort of in between.  For smaller ears (my daughters) they fit perfectly circumaural.  With mine - they're on ear, but not far away from being fully circumaural.

The pads on the prototype are fixed - but Bob tells me that the intention is to have them interchangeable with slightly larger, and also velour.

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #2,063 of 4,830
You and me both Trev 
wink.gif

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #2,064 of 4,830
  Sorry guys - I have the new Atlas and Helios IEMs and promise I'll get you a quick update within the next few days.

In the meantime - here is something from Bob that I have been listening to over the weekend, and I think sound pretty darn good ....

Notice the ports.  Quick rotation, and they go from open to closed.  Took them to Auckland for our recent Meet - and comments were pretty positive.  More soon :)

Ooooh man! Those are some nice looking cans! Looking forward to your impressions @Brooko!

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #2,065 of 4,830
Hi people,

I was a happy ignorant with it's finger on the trigger prepared to buy a Flare r2a when   @Midgetguy
kindly told me an epic and seductive story about all the excellence that surrounds the Trinity Delta´s. Although i still wait for a second hand KS priced R2a to appear, he definitely convinced me and i think i'll try them both and decide. When i was a passive reader of Head fi i used to buy things one by one...One week registered and soon integrating all the vices inherent to this perversion forum...

Now i land here and find that there is another KS campaign and the Atlas flying our immediate future. Everything gets more complicated, what a difficult life.  
Anyway, the other IEMS i had in mind (stupidly, because going to that price will force me to eat rice for a month) were the RHA's T20 and the Altone 200. As i find some kind of similarities between The Delta's and the T20's (great build quality; England made, which assures me not having custom problems receiving them in Spain; some kind of not so different tuning; filters...), i'd like to know how they compare speaking strictly about sonic capabilities, forgetting the price for a moment.

I've seen a comparison by Brooko between the Altone 200 and the Delta's which gave the advantage to the trinity's. I could buy them at the same price, so more opinions would be appreciated. Saying it briefly, i listen to tons of Jazz and electronic dance and not danceable music. Surely not basshead, but yes, i love bass rumbling and kicking my damaged soul. It takes time to accept it.

May anyone help me?

And, by the way, i've run through several pages of the thread but not found yet any comparison by the gurus who have tried both Delta's and Atlas. I remember Bob Trinity saying the tuning will be similar. Is it too soon to know or someone can tell me if the SQ will be significantly improved? (buying both is no option and i don't mind to wait)

Sorry if i repeat any question and thanks in advance!

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #2,066 of 4,830
  Hi people,

I was a happy ignorant with it's finger on the trigger prepared to buy a Flare r2a when   @Midgetguy
kindly told me an epic and seductive story about all the excellence that surrounds the Trinity Delta´s. Although i still wait for a second hand KS priced R2a to appear, he definitely convinced me and i think i'll try them both and decide. When i was a passive reader of Head fi i used to buy things one by one...One week registered and soon integrating all the vices inherent to this perversion forum...

Now i land here and find that there is another KS campaign and the Atlas flying our immediate future. Everything gets more complicated, what a difficult life.  
Anyway, the other IEMS i had in mind (stupidly, because going to that price will force me to eat rice for a month) were the RHA's T20. As i find some kind of similarities between The Delta's and the T20's) (great build quality; England made, which assures me not having custom problems receiving them in Spain; some kind of not so different tuning; filters...), i'd like to know how they compare speaking strictly about sonic capabilities, forgetting the price for a moment.

May anyone help me?

And, by the way, i've run through several pages of the thread but not found yet any comparison by the gurus who have tried both Delta's and Atlas. I remember Bob Trinity saying the tuning will be similar. Is it too soon to know or someone can tell me if the SQ will be significantly improved? (buying both is no option and i don't mind to wait)

IMO I find the Deltas far more engaging that the T20s. For my setup, i found the T20s always were lacking a bit in transparency. The treble filter was the best in that aspect but the it became a bit bass light. T20 midbass is very fast however, faster and tighter than the Deltas. This is from memory, I'll be going to reverify my impressions on the T20 soon.

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #2,067 of 4,830
Working on Delta and Helios impression and will let you guys know within next couple of days.

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #2,068 of 4,830

IMO I find the Deltas far more engaging that the T20s. For my setup, i found the T20s always were lacking a bit in transparency. The treble filter was the best in that aspect but the it became a bit bass light. T20 midbass is very fast however, faster and tighter than the Deltas. This is from memory, I'll be going to reverify my impressions on the T20 soon.

OOps, @RedTwilight, what a fast answer, thank you very much. Almost discarted the rha's, it confirms what i expected. 

I edited the question to add the altone 200, which i forgot to ask!!

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #2,070 of 4,830
Hi people,

Anyway, the other IEMS i had in mind (stupidly, because going to that price will force me to eat rice for a month) were the RHA's T20 and the Altone 200. As i find some kind of similarities between The Delta's and the T20's (great build quality; England made, which assures me not having custom problems receiving them in Spain; some kind of not so different tuning; filters...), i'd like to know how they compare speaking strictly about sonic capabilities, forgetting the price for a moment.

I've seen a comparison by Brooko between the Altone 200 and the Delta's which gave the advantage to the trinity's. I could buy them at the same price, so more opinions would be appreciated. Saying it briefly, i listen to tons of Jazz and electronic dance and not danceable music. Surely not basshead, but yes, i love bass rumbling and kicking my damaged soul. It takes time to accept it.

May anyone help me?

I sold Delta and probably will keep Altone. On Altone I found bass not so strong as on Delta. Also I like bass on Altone much more, is fuller and have better texture for me.
Build quality is similar, much better cable on Delta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back