Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Sep 5, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #2,041 of 4,830
So after 4 days I have settled on the jvc spiral dots with the delta on the gray nozzle as the best sounding combo for me. The bass is less present but the decay still feels a bit too long.

Is there a comparison of the sound signature of the two new iems?

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #2,042 of 4,830

Also the Techne is down to $39.00. Isn't that way less than even the Kickstarter price? 
blink.gif

It is! I just looked back at the KS page to see what the early bird price for that was, and once you add in the shipping cost, it's about $60 depending on the exchange rate. So if someone wants a Techne, BUY NOW......actually, if you want any of the Trinity Audio IEMs, BUY NOW, no regrets.

Sep 5, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #2,043 of 4,830
It is! I just looked back at the KS page to see what the early bird price for that was, and once you add in the shipping cost, it's about $60 depending on the exchange rate. So if someone wants a Techne, BUY NOW......actually, if you want any of the Trinity Audio IEMs, BUY NOW, no regrets.

It seems pointing that out might have done away with it. Back up to $70. Should have committed yesterday. Back to the drawing board!

Sep 5, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #2,046 of 4,830
I don't encourage modifying the buds themselves, but the purple filter is ripe for modding. Different types of foam inserted in equal sizes can yield some interesting results
wink.gif

Cool! Any more specifics on where to start? (how do I bring the bass level up?)

What if I just pack a teabag into it
wink_face.gif

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #2,047 of 4,830

Cool! Any more specifics on where to start? (how do I bring the bass level up?)

What if I just pack a teabag into it
wink_face.gif

Skip the teabag, put tea leaves in
tongue.gif
. To answer your earlier question partially, I don't personally use the purple filters. With those in, it gives that same feel as if I don't get a proper seal on an IEM. I use the gunmetals the most, with the silvers on occasion.

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #2,048 of 4,830
Sorry guys - I have the new Atlas and Helios IEMs and promise I'll get you a quick update within the next few days.

In the meantime - here is something from Bob that I have been listening to over the weekend, and I think sound pretty darn good ....

Notice the ports.  Quick rotation, and they go from open to closed.  Took them to Auckland for our recent Meet - and comments were pretty positive.  More soon :)

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #2,049 of 4,830

tongue.gif
. To answer your earlier question partially, I don't personally use the purple filters. With those in, it gives that same feel as if I don't get a proper seal on an IEM. I use the gunmetals the most, with the silvers on occasion.

I think the idea is that the purples have no acoustic filter material, so pass through the most high frequency info, leading to the perception that they are bass light. So the idea would be to stick stuff into the purple at various densities and thickness to filter the mids and treble, until to get the mids and treble where you want it. Playing with various tips also can help achieve the same result.

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #2,050 of 4,830
Sorry guys - I have the new Atlas and Helios IEMs and promise I'll get you a quick update within the next few days.

In the meantime - here is something from Bob that I have been listening to over the weekend, and I think sound pretty darn good ....

Notice the ports.  Quick rotation, and they go from open to closed.  Took them to Auckland for our recent Meet - and comments were pretty positive.  More soon :)
Damn that's awesomesauce. Great idea with the ports. Makes it two headphones for the price of one.

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #2,052 of 4,830
Long time reader, first time poster here.

I am impressed by the looks of the headset, and the first impressions I read about them convince me to back the campaign when it launches...

However, I'd advise Bob to wait not only for the Helio/Atlas campaign to be over, but for all sets to be delivered to the backers before launching the headset campaign.

I think Helio/Atlas campaign v.1 (the one that got cancelled) suffered from the fact some backers had not yet receive their Hyperion/Techne/Delta rewards when a second campaign from Trinity was already launched.

I'm not saying I'm holding the one and only truth, but in my own opinion it'd be a wise move to wait a bit the headphone campaign...

I'll be backing it anyway :wink:

Sep 6, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #2,053 of 4,830

tongue.gif

I think the idea is that the purples have no acoustic filter material, so pass through the most high frequency info, leading to the perception that they are bass light. So the idea would be to stick stuff into the purple at various densities and thickness to filter the mids and treble, until to get the mids and treble where you want it. Playing with various tips also can help achieve the same result.

I was just curious if anybody was using the purple. Never heard it mentioned yet. Personally the lack of bass is off-putting for me. They might be ok for string quartets, or baroque, but I'm not sure what type of modern day music they'd be good with.
It never did occur to me that they could be easily modded/tuned until Bob mentioned it. I'm going to have to try it if I can find some suitable materials (maybe the stuffing from a stuffed animal?
biggrin.gif
)

Sep 6, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #2,054 of 4,830
I was just curious if anybody was using the purple. Never heard it mentioned yet. Personally the lack of bass is off-putting for me. They might be ok for string quartets, or baroque, but I'm not sure what type of modern day music they'd be good with.
It never did occur to me that they could be easily modded/tuned until Bob mentioned it. I'm going to have to try it if I can find some suitable materials (maybe the stuffing from a stuffed animal?:D )

I would not use anything fluffy as some fluff could make its way into the armature.

I use acoustic foam at work, but any kind of foam you can cut to equal sizes and easily mould.

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #2,055 of 4,830

Damn this place, I wasn't in the market for headphones... but they are pretty. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back