Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Sep 3, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #2,026 of 4,830
Sep 3, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #2,027 of 4,830
Quick question: How do the three headphone's hozzle sizes compare to each other?

The Delta, Techne and Hyperion that is. 

I have the Delta and it fits just fine. I want to buy my GF a pair of Trinity's, but she has tinyyy ear holes and the Delta's do not insert all the way into her ear. So that won't work. I'm wondering if she will have better luck with Hyperions and perhaps even the Techne's?

If not, what else can you suggest for under $100? Thanks.

Just did a quick measure of the other half's hyperions so you can compare with your deltas.

Length without tip: 1.1cm
Width of Nozel without tip: 0.5cm
With of outer end apprix 1.0cm

Hyperions are tiny, they don't fit as deep as my shures.

I damaged my left ear canal a few years back due to well...gangrene. Was caught quick so only damage is my left ear canal is smaller and can be awkward.

Hyperions are fine for me and I have some arriving today as ay bed time pair.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #2,028 of 4,830
I have pretty small, though not quite tiny ear canals. The Delta is a slightly larger nozzle than the Hyperion. I can feel the Deltas when they are in, but the Hyperions disappear. I bet she would love them! You can get lots of different tips for them. I use some small double flange tips that are working well for me. You will likely need to get some tips like that for her, but I think she would like them. It's really more about the size of the tip than the nozzle.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #2,029 of 4,830
  I have pretty small, though not quite tiny ear canals. The Delta is a slightly larger nozzle than the Hyperion. I can feel the Deltas when they are in, but the Hyperions disappear. I bet she would love them! You can get lots of different tips for them. I use some small double flange tips that are working well for me. You will likely need to get some tips like that for her, but I think she would like them. It's really more about the size of the tip than the nozzle.

I agree with this. I count myself as someone who's got small ears and the Hyperions themselves disappear. But the tips are the bigger point; I'm fairly doubtful the nozzle wouldn't fit, but it can be a problem if you don't use a small enough tip.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #2,030 of 4,830
I damaged my left ear canal a few years back due to well...gangrene. Was caught quick so only damage is my left ear canal is smaller and can be awkward.

Damn. You are jinxed
blink.gif
. Here's hoping the run of bad luck is over

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #2,031 of 4,830
Damn. You are jinxed:blink: . Here's hoping the run of bad luck is over

Hahah I was lucky not having anything choppoed off, so you could say I was very lucky! Seriously though was pretty much the most painful and unplesent event I have experienced and as the name suggests there have been a fair few over the years.

Anyway 2nd pair hyperions came today, since the husband nicked my 1st pair. Only ordered Tuesday evening so super quick delivery. Will be using them tonight while I go off to sleep.

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #2,033 of 4,830
Hahah I was lucky not having anything choppoed off, so you could say I was very lucky! Seriously though was pretty much the most painful and unplesent event I have experienced and as the name suggests there have been a fair few over the years.

Anyway 2nd pair hyperions came today, since the husband nicked my 1st pair. Only ordered Tuesday evening so super quick delivery. Will be using them tonight while I go off to sleep.

Lol, seems to be a pattern of significant others making off with Trinity products
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #2,034 of 4,830

Lol, seems to be a pattern of significant others making off with Trinity products
biggrin.gif

That's why I don't tell my wife when new gears comes in. 
happy_face1.gif

She has a pair of Takstar HI2050, PFE012, Soundmagic E10M and Meelectronics M6

She doesn't need any more lol

I will say, she has pretty good taste though.

Hey Bob, I really like the Atlas with the purple filter more and more as I listen to it.

They really are source dependent. Through the Fiio E18 they are plenty warm.

All in all, they rock brother. You are really good at making IEMs sir! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #2,035 of 4,830
happy_face1.gif

Hey Bob, I really like the Atlas with the purple filter more and more as I listen to it.

beerchug.gif

Thank you Sir, you are too kind!

beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #2,036 of 4,830
happy_face1.gif

beerchug.gif

She sure does. Out of the ones she has, I've listened to the M6 and the HI2050. I think I actually even wrote a review of the HI2050 here on Head-Fi. I should take some time eventually to write at least some short reviews about several of the other IEMs I have haha
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #2,038 of 4,830
Any difference in Sound and/or Micro-phonics with the Delta w/ Microphone/Remote Cable vs. the Delta w/ Stock Braided Cable?  Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back