Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Apr 14, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #4,741 of 4,765
Does it go away? Some sources can have an intermittent L/R balance issue for a brief moment when switching between gain modes, did not notice it with any Lotoo products, but I've seen this before, but if it goes away, it is not a cause for Worry I would say.
Thanks for your reply! It goes away after 1 minute. I feel better if this issue is common when switching gain modes.

Jun 23, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #4,743 of 4,765
Wow! I feel as if I have gotten a new Lotoo PAW Gold all over again!

I have had mine for about 8 years and I bought it used, so it is older than that. After the first couple of years, its display faded to a washed-out overly pink presentation. I wrote Lotoo, and they sold me a display for about $100 and sent it to me, as well as linking a video that I could use to teach myself to replace it myself.

After replacement, the new display gradually lost contrast over about 6 years of use. I again went to Lotoo, got another display, and just succeeded in replacing the replacement display.

It is SO much brighter, that I feel as if I have a new PAW Gold! The pictures below show the BEFORE (left) and AFTER (right), on the same brightness setting (bright).

Attachments

• IMG_1812.jpeg
    IMG_1812.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1819.jpeg
    IMG_1819.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jun 23, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #4,744 of 4,765
I received one of the last sealed units of this bad boy this week, and I must say very impressed. Build quality is exemplary and aside from Paw Gold Touch Titanium, this is the nicest feeling DAP I've had. Really, feels so good in the hand. Audio performance is also compelling and powerful - not as refined as Touch Ti, but holds its own ground with authority. Kudos to Lotoo, they put a great deal of care and attention into everything they do.

1130667.jpg1130662~2.jpg

Jun 23, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #4,745 of 4,765
Yes, I know you did! I was eyeing that last one on Musicteck, and you snatched it from under my nose. Ah, well, as my wife says, he who hesitates is lost (but then, she was the reason I was hesitating, as she seems to think we both get lost among the myriad players and headphones that I have around the house).

Anyway, purchasing the one you purchased first was to be my backup in case my display replacement effort failed. Fortunately, I succeeded!

Jun 23, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #4,746 of 4,765
Yes, I know you did! I was eyeing that last one on Musicteck, and you snatched it from under my nose. Ah, well, as my wife says, he who hesitates is lost (but then, she was the reason I was hesitating, as she seems to think we both get lost among the myriad players and headphones that I have around the house).

Anyway, purchasing the one you purchased first was to be my backup in case my display replacement effort failed. Fortunately, I succeeded!
Oops, sorry! (Though I'm obviously glad I did grab the last one....!)

I'm glad you were able to replace the screen on yours nonetheless 👍

Jun 29, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #4,749 of 4,765
Hi all, is there any news (I guess no from what I read) or rumours for a new version of the LPG? Like revamped electronics to be up-to-date (be it with balanced otput or not, I don't really care) BUT keeping the same form factor/design/non touch UI?

I parted ways with it a while ago now but I still miss that don't care about the look and no touch navigation spirit from time to time.

My current Hiby R8 is great and all, but it has fundamentally like 100 times too many options for me. I don't even connect it...

Jul 27, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #4,750 of 4,765
the lotoo paw gold 2017 was my first dap. then I bought a wm1a, cayin n6ii, ibasso dx300 max Ti, and then a fiio m17. I'm now back to the paw gold 2017. My legend X's have never sounded better than on this DAP. I tried hiby music player, some other player people here recommended, it was like $15 or something; equalizers etc.

The paw gold 2017 with PMEQ on Rock, sounds absolutely incredible. I get all the slam the Legend X's have but with so much more clarity + soundstage than I've been able to manage on any other dap. And it's the smallest player I've ever used. I only use it for music anyway so android ois etc is really just something I don't miss. Also the battery life is incredible and it doesn't get as hot as most of the aforementioned players.

cheers.

Sep 8, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #4,752 of 4,765
Does anyone know the difference between the original version and the teatone version?
I want to buy this dap, but does it make sense to look for the titanium version?

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #4,753 of 4,765
Hi all, is there any news (I guess no from what I read) or rumours for a new version of the LPG? Like revamped electronics to be up-to-date (be it with balanced otput or not, I don't really care) BUT keeping the same form factor/design/non touch UI?

I parted ways with it a while ago now but I still miss that don't care about the look and no touch navigation spirit from time to time.

My current Hiby R8 is great and all, but it has fundamentally like 100 times too many options for me. I don't even connect it...
I've read too that there will be an anniversary type of LPG sometimes. Hopefully they will keep the same simple design and add 4.4 mm balanced output.

Sep 16, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #4,754 of 4,765
I've read too that there will be an anniversary type of LPG sometimes. Hopefully they will keep the same simple design and add 4.4 mm balanced output.
Sometimes newer isn't always better. I just repurchased a Diana Edition after trading away the first one. Only DAP I have owned that can drive with authority the majority (all but one) of my full size HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back