Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 11, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #17,851 of 17,989
Email them and say it's really spoiling your enjoyment.

I will probably do ..
Basically, I just wondered if it was only me or if other had it too and could find a way to avoid this issue..
I am just trying now some comply foam tips with a decent seal for me... and I will see how it goes. I really would like to keep a perfect seal to improve low frequencies impacts..
The issue is not only when inserting the drivers in my ears, but also when I move my jaw.

Then, maybe I should also have to try some of the other nozzles include in the pack.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #17,852 of 17,989
I will probably do ..
Basically, I just wondered if it was only me or if other had it too and could find a way to avoid this issue..
I am just trying now some comply foam tips with a decent seal for me... and I will see how it goes. I really would like to keep a perfect seal to improve low frequencies impacts..
The issue is not only when inserting the drivers in my ears, but also when I move my jaw.

Then, maybe I should also have to try some of the other nozzles include in the pack.

I've had it with one set of IMR's, put up with it for a bit but it niggled too much so I emailed and was told to send them in, which I was reluctant to do as I enjoy them, but they were returned after about a week. Though can understand your reluctance as postage isn't cheap.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #17,853 of 17,989
I will probably do ..

I get a clicking sound when inserting the iem into the ear. And when I move the iem around. But nothing while listening.
Happens with all tips I use atleast.
This also used to happen with the shanlinge 700 lite iem.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #17,854 of 17,989
Flex is where a DD makes a "crinkling" sound when being inserted into the ear, or in use. It's to do with pressure in the desired ear canal having nowhere to release, so the crinkling soundness the actual driver diaphragm moving.

Manufacturers confirm it's harmless and doesn't cause any damage - in extreme cases you can get "driver lock", ever the driver actually cuts out and stops making a sound. This sounds scary, but it's just the pressure build up making it impossible for the magnet to actually flex the drivers diaphraghm because there's too much resistance.

The old Campfire Audio Atlas was a really bad example - on insertion, unless you got the tips right it would sometimes make no noise at all until you adjusted the iem in your ear canal and released the trapped air pressure.

Foam tips at the simplest way to negate any driver flex - their porous nature means the air pressure will naturally release.

You don't get this issue with planar or BA designs, hence some of the models listed not exhibiting any. Ditto for iems that are fully vented.

For reference, currently running my Enigma+ with some RHA dual silicone tips from my collection and get a perfect seal, plenty of bass but zero driver flex. AZLA Xelastecs, TRI Clarion or JVC Spiral Dots have also been good for me in the past when dealing with IEMs that have elements of driver flex.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for this information.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #17,855 of 17,989
I will probably do ..

Try using the reference purple lower filter or the green lower filter and see if the driver flex is still there. Green should have the largest Bass hole. While using the eartips just see if the eartips sleeve is not blocking the lower bass filter micro hole.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #17,856 of 17,989
I had the same issue with the R1 Zenith and found too, that the foam tips seemed to help with driver flex although did not completely eradicate it. Very annoying.
I have not experienced any flex with Halcyon or Ozar.
I know some of the tuning nozzles have holes for venting. Do you find using these eleviates the issue?

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #17,857 of 17,989
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #17,858 of 17,989
Try using the reference purple lower filter or the green lower filter and see if the driver flex is still there. Green should have the largest Bass hole. While using the eartips just see if the eartips sleeve is not blocking the lower bass filter micro hole.

I didn't know that, so I will have a look ..

I had the same issue with the R1 Zenith and found too, that the foam tips seemed to help with driver flex although did not completely eradicate it. Very annoying.
I have not experienced any flex with Halcyon or Ozar.
I know some of the tuning nozzles have holes for venting. Do you find using these eleviates the issue?

Yes, maybe choosing the proper nozzles should be a way to fix this issue, though this afternoon I am using some Comply Foam which, which seems at least to avoid the flex issue while moving my jaw... which is a first reassuring good step. next step should be to find some proper Nozzles for my taste and comfort.

Comply Foam seems to offer me a good sealing with good low frequencies and are still among the most comfortable tips I own... and years after years, I now own a lot of different types :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

I have no idea how many Mades, Models, Size, Shape, Length I have in 2 boxes like this

Ear Tips.jpg

I really want to avoid to send back my Enigma AMT+ to England as it can be really painful with customs fees issue...

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #17,859 of 17,989

Yes, maybe choosing the proper nozzles should be a way to fix this issue, though this afternoon I am using some Comply Foam which, which seems at least to avoid the flex issue while moving my jaw... which is a first reassuring good step. next step should be to find some proper Nozzles for my taste and comfort.

Comply Foam seems to offer me a good sealing with good low frequencies and are still among the most comfortable tips I own... and years after years, I now own a lot of different types :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

I have no idea how many Mades, Models, Size, Shape, Length I have in 2 boxes like this

I really want to avoid to send back my Enigma AMT+ to England as it can be really painful with customs fees issue...
Oh my god a box full of tips !
I just realised what an amateur I am !

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #17,860 of 17,989

Ear Tips.jpg

I don't see Clarion tips in your box. Try them. They are not expensive and are an excellent match with Enigma+. I don't have any driver flex with them

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #17,861 of 17,989
I don't see Clarion tips in your box. Try them. They are not expensive and are an excellent match with Enigma+. I don't have any driver flex with them
I ordered them this morning just after your suggestion .. TRI Clarion Silicone Earphone Eartips 3 Pairs For Nozzle 4.5mm-5.5mm .. they should be in my house before 10 days.
I want to know, as I like silicon tips usually.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #17,862 of 17,989
Oh my god a box full of tips !
I just realised what an amateur I am !

Unfortunately .. I understood that there are no real universal tips on the market, in my case, each type of IEM or TWS, I own and use, needs a specific ear tip, to get perfect seal, length, comfort, and the proper bore to get the best sound quality... and very often I need to add some serious brain burning (one month or more) to be able to enjoy fully the sound type :darthsmile: :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #17,863 of 17,989
I ordered a Zion, but agreed a trade with Bob way back when the Dawn was just being offered to a few people to take a Dawn and his DAC dongle prototype unit (decent, but nothing special). Probably lost out financially, but decided it was better to take a definite something rather than a possible nothing.

If it ever does get made I'd love to hear it, as I am a definite basshead, but the Enigma+ I picked up on eBay from another user is pretty damn bassy as it is, so in getting my fill of that IMR boom at the moment.
I ask that because you mention below your posts at the description of your gear that you have one.

Apr 11, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #17,864 of 17,989
I ask that because you mention below your posts at the description of your gear that you have one.
Ah - last time I updated that was obviously around the time Bob sent one of those "Zion shipping now " updates. I'll go and knock that off now.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #17,865 of 17,989
I ordered them this morning just after your suggestion .. TRI Clarion Silicone Earphone Eartips 3 Pairs For Nozzle 4.5mm-5.5mm .. they should be in my house before 10 days.
I want to know, as I like silicon tips usually.
I use tangzu TangSanCai tips for any iems that suffer from driver flex recently the Campfire Cascara had bad driver flex with all other types but the tangzu TangSanCai solved it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back