Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #17,836 of 17,992
Without any actual knowledge, it looks fairly predictable behaviour for IMR at the moment. The have fulfilled or traded out the NaLe orders for Dawns / credit, and sorted the Enigma buyers.

There is a slow but steady drip feed of Enigmas into the market via their eBay site. Imagine some might be cancelled orders left over, but the rest becoming available semi regularly smacks of the manufacturer using whatever components they have left in stock to make the highest value items for sale (seems to be mainly Enigma that come up rather than the EST model) to maximise any remaining cash flow in to the business while they try and get themselves into a position to fund any remaining models owed.

If they are broke, better to have someone like Bob make one or two units a week by hand from parts he has to hand that sell for £1k+ rather than concentrate on presold units retailing for a lot less.

This is just conjecture, and not saying its necessarily the right approach, but it sounds be a logical way for the business to keep trying to stay afloat for a long as it can, in the hopen of somehow getting back into a viable position.
Do you own a Zion?

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #17,837 of 17,992
Without any actual knowledge, it looks fairly predictable behaviour for IMR at the moment. The have fulfilled or traded out the NaLe orders for Dawns / credit, and sorted the Enigma buyers.

There is a slow but steady drip feed of Enigmas into the market via their eBay site. Imagine some might be cancelled orders left over, but the rest becoming available semi regularly smacks of the manufacturer using whatever components they have left in stock to make the highest value items for sale (seems to be mainly Enigma that come up rather than the EST model) to maximise any remaining cash flow in to the business while they try and get themselves into a position to fund any remaining models owed.

If they are broke, better to have someone like Bob make one or two units a week by hand from parts he has to hand that sell for £1k+ rather than concentrate on presold units retailing for a lot less.

This is just conjecture, and not saying its necessarily the right approach, but it sounds be a logical way for the business to keep trying to stay afloat for a long as it can, in the hopen of somehow getting back into a viable position.
Let's hope Bobs reading this.
Sound advice.
After Enigma I can't believe IMR won't deliver Zion.
But even if they do deliver eventually , an Enigma or an iem from left over parts maybe a better quality iem.

Apr 10, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #17,838 of 17,992
Do you own a Zion?
I ordered a Zion, but agreed a trade with Bob way back when the Dawn was just being offered to a few people to take a Dawn and his DAC dongle prototype unit (decent, but nothing special). Probably lost out financially, but decided it was better to take a definite something rather than a possible nothing.

If it ever does get made I'd love to hear it, as I am a definite basshead, but the Enigma+ I picked up on eBay from another user is pretty damn bassy as it is, so in getting my fill of that IMR boom at the moment.

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #17,839 of 17,992
Just bought pre-owned Enigma from IMR eBay store with my super old Zion credits (finally!!)
Let's see how they compare to the Seraph

They arrived in 5 days
Super fast 🤣

They sound similar to Seraph with smoother trebles even not using silver cables
I feel satisfied but not impressed becoz fully burnt-in Seraph are already very good
I guess the Enigma were burnt in some hours but should need more

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #17,840 of 17,992
They arrived in 5 days
Super fast 🤣

They sound similar to Seraph with smoother trebles even not using silver cables
I feel satisfied but not impressed becoz fully burnt-in Seraph are already very good
I guess the Enigma were burnt in some hours but should need more
Give Enigma some.time . You will hear the differences soon.
Eros s cable and softears tips helped improve the sound out of Enigma.

But then i always said Seraph is pretty much 60% of the Enigma with the correct cables.

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #17,841 of 17,992
Give Enigma some.time . You will hear the differences soon.
Eros s cable and softears tips helped improve the sound out of Enigma.

But then i always said Seraph is pretty much 60% of the Enigma with the correct cables.

I don't have the Eros S
I m using Arctic Cable Cuprum (copper cable) now

I feel pure copper cable paring better than silver+copper one (Forza Audio Works Claire Hybrid)
I would try pure LavriCable Ultimate (silver cable) later

For eartips I m using Lizer Lab Jijujet2
There are new versions called Jijuma & Jijuma-brass
Waiting Lizer Lab to sell them on Amazon JP

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #17,842 of 17,992
I am getting a little bit upset with the drivers flex noise issue ...
Do other Enigma AMT+ users suffer from this issue too ?

I tried many tips, but when it's perfectly sealed in my ear canal, I couldn't find any that doesn't make any noise when I even just move my jaw a bit too much and it's terrible when lying down with the head on the side for reading or sleeping...

Any idea how to avoid this ? (I only had such issue with the Beyerdynamics Xelento and not at all with IER-Z1R, M9, IE600, IE800s, IE900 and EXT... not say with all chifi Zetian WU, Quintet, Quiet Sea, etc)

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #17,843 of 17,992

I tried many tips, but when it's perfectly sealed in my ear canal, I couldn't find any that doesn't make any noise when I even just move my jaw a bit too much and it's terrible when lying down with the head on the side for reading or sleeping...

Any idea how to avoid this ? (I only had such issue with the Beyerdynamics Xelento and not at all with IER-Z1R, M9, IE600, IE800s, IE900 and EXT... not say with all chifi Zetian WU, Quintet, Quiet Sea, etc)
I have no drivers flex issue at all with my Enigma+. I'm using Clarion tips

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #17,844 of 17,992

Try Tangzu TangSanCai tips they elevate flex on most iems

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #17,845 of 17,992
I don't have the Eros S
I m using Arctic Cable Cuprum (copper cable) now

I feel pure copper cable paring better than silver+copper one (Forza Audio Works Claire Hybrid)
I would try pure LavriCable Ultimate (silver cable) later

For eartips I m using Lizer Lab Jijujet2
There are new versions called Jijuma & Jijuma-brass
Waiting Lizer Lab to sell them on Amazon JP
I found silver + copper eros s > copper code 23 > lavri silver.

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #17,847 of 17,992

What is flex ?
Flex is where a DD makes a "crinkling" sound when being inserted into the ear, or in use. It's to do with pressure in the desired ear canal having nowhere to release, so the crinkling soundness the actual driver diaphragm moving.

Manufacturers confirm it's harmless and doesn't cause any damage - in extreme cases you can get "driver lock", ever the driver actually cuts out and stops making a sound. This sounds scary, but it's just the pressure build up making it impossible for the magnet to actually flex the drivers diaphraghm because there's too much resistance.

The old Campfire Audio Atlas was a really bad example - on insertion, unless you got the tips right it would sometimes make no noise at all until you adjusted the iem in your ear canal and released the trapped air pressure.

Foam tips at the simplest way to negate any driver flex - their porous nature means the air pressure will naturally release.

You don't get this issue with planar or BA designs, hence some of the models listed not exhibiting any. Ditto for iems that are fully vented.

For reference, currently running my Enigma+ with some RHA dual silicone tips from my collection and get a perfect seal, plenty of bass but zero driver flex. AZLA Xelastecs, TRI Clarion or JVC Spiral Dots have also been good for me in the past when dealing with IEMs that have elements of driver flex.

Hope this helps!

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:51 AM Post #17,848 of 17,992
Well I've been asking for my money back since last October, along with the $300 he never refunded for the Elan+ I didn't receive. Honestly, wasn't the Enigma announced after the Zion? I have emailed several times to ask if I would actually receive the Zion at any point and they dont even respond to that. I genuinely believe this being 1.5 years since I paid for Zion in full that I will not be getting it.
It is really disappointing. I wish you get your money back. I think you should write to them everyday until you get a response. You can use Gmail scheduler or similar email client to send them email every day asking for refund. Keep doing it until you get some response.

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #17,849 of 17,992

Email them and say it's really spoiling your enjoyment.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #17,850 of 17,992
Flex is where a DD makes a "crinkling" sound when being inserted into the ear, or in use. It's to do with pressure in the desired ear canal having nowhere to release, so the crinkling soundness the actual driver diaphragm moving.

Manufacturers confirm it's harmless and doesn't cause any damage - in extreme cases you can get "driver lock", ever the driver actually cuts out and stops making a sound. This sounds scary, but it's just the pressure build up making it impossible for the magnet to actually flex the drivers diaphraghm because there's too much resistance.

The old Campfire Audio Atlas was a really bad example - on insertion, unless you got the tips right it would sometimes make no noise at all until you adjusted the iem in your ear canal and released the trapped air pressure.

Foam tips at the simplest way to negate any driver flex - their porous nature means the air pressure will naturally release.

You don't get this issue with planar or BA designs, hence some of the models listed not exhibiting any. Ditto for iems that are fully vented.

For reference, currently running my Enigma+ with some RHA dual silicone tips from my collection and get a perfect seal, plenty of bass but zero driver flex. AZLA Xelastecs, TRI Clarion or JVC Spiral Dots have also been good for me in the past when dealing with IEMs that have elements of driver flex.

Hope this helps!
Yes I too have driver flex then.
There are some weird noises when inserting the Enigma. But I don't hear anything when the music begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back