IC: GTA/Mississauga meet at punkaroo's hip new place!
Jan 22, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #32 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Pat - count me in of course - REALLY looking forward to meeting old friends again and hearing some new setups.
beerchug.gif

I can bring my HF-1 and HF-2, ESW10JPN, HD-580 and a few normal bias Stax cans, SR-5, SR-X Mk3 and my beloved SR-Lambda. Will you or someone have a Stax amp or emergizer or should I bring my SRM-1/Mk2? Oh and if anyone is interesed I have a few Yamaha Orthodynamics - - - and every meet needs a Jecklin Float for pics
duggehsmile.png

I'll be bringing my SRM-006t, but unfortunately it doesn't have any normal bias inputs. I'd actually like to hear my SR-404 on the SRM-1/Mk2, if you don't mind bringing it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #33 of 87
Please PM me the details as well!

I hope that I'll be in town! I'll bring along my HD600's with the EF-2 in tow. Poor university student.
frown.gif

Also, does anyone have a (I hope this is the right term) shielded mini-mini cable (about 2 meters) that I can buy?

I'll be coming (if I do) from Richmond Hill, so if anyone's not too much of a detour, I'd be happy to give you a lift. (Though I may need to leave early--therefore, a one-way trip)

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #34 of 87
Updated the list. Space is still available!

Frank and BMWWW, are you guys coming over for sure? I'll add you to the list and then I'll have to think about limiting extra people. My place isn't that big, LOL!

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #35 of 87
Hi Pat,

I sent you another PM. I hope to see you all on the 30th. I'll be bringing just the reference balanced rig this time.
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #37 of 87
Anyone who loves Donnie Darko is welcome to any meet I host, Frank
biggrin.gif

Here's the updated list:

• Canuck57
• Doxaman
• Djarum
• ken0166
• Deltaspirit
• Cerebrous
• Bo
• oogabooga
• transient orca
• Hellenback
• charliex
• Salil
• d.n.d.
• FranktheRabbit
• BMWWW
• Pricklely Peete

That's quite an impressive guest list! I gotta get crackin' on the menu, LOL!

Oh yes, before I forget: There's quite a bit of visitors parking in my complex, but it's spread out over the complex. I highly recommend people carpooling as much as possible, just in case there isn't enough parking!

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #38 of 87
Do you guys and gals want me bring the Audio-gd FUN, the successor to the Compass ? I should have the review sample by Tuesday or Wed latest according to tracking number . It'll have all the modules to play with which should prove interesting. Hopefully It'll arrive Tuesday (maybe Monday if I'm lucky) so I can put a few hours more on it before the meet.

Peete.

PS: Hellenback sorry to hear of the dental issues.....coincidentally I just had a molar pulled today.
frown.gif
I hope everything goes smoothly for you H and hope to see you on Sat at P's !!!

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #39 of 87
I'd love to come, though I'm not sure how I'd make it as I don't drive. I live in the High Park area of Toronto, if anyone's planning on driving and I'm on your way, I'd appreciate a ride if at all possible.

Would be awesome to test out some gear.

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #40 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to come, though I'm not sure how I'd make it as I don't drive. I live in the High Park area of Toronto, if anyone's planning on driving and I'm on your way, I'd appreciate a ride if at all possible.

Would be awesome to test out some gear.

You could take the go train from union to lisgar station and then the bus.

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #41 of 87
Well crap, I remember seeing the old thread that was talking about the first or second week in January and couldn't make it due to work, but now should have been fine except for me having to fill in for my boss this week while he's on leave.

If there's a second one planned later this year, please put up the interest notice about a month early! I can't book a day off without at least two weeks notice.
frown.gif

Hope you folks have fun and please respect the host's household!

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #44 of 87
Hey guys what time are you guys showing up???

I'm going to trying to bring something special if I can get it by Saturday.... its gonna be heavy (keep you guys guessing)

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #45 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Updated the list. Space is still available!

Frank and BMWWW, are you guys coming over for sure? I'll add you to the list and then I'll have to think about limiting extra people. My place isn't that big, LOL!

Hi Punkaroo! I was just told that I have a class in downtown Toronto till 5 pm on the day of the meet
angry_face.gif
. Would I be missing the meet (or most of it) if I start from Queens Park at 5?

Also, is anyone planning on heading out èround 5ish from the downtown area

Users who are viewing this thread

Back