IC: GTA/Mississauga meet at punkaroo's hip new place!
Jan 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #76 of 87
Thanks for a great and friendly meet Pat. It was good to see friends and new faces. I have pictures and will post some soon. Everything is delayed a bit as I had quite an adventure getting home last night. It started with a dead battery and then some real fun with a broken axle on the 401 (express lane)...two calls to CAA in one night (glad I had them) 20 minutes trying to flag somebody down as I don't have a cell phone...and a tow to the garage.
Maybe you're right about the ghost Pat
eek.gif

Lots of
floatsmile.png
pictures. I'll try to get things up before the end of the day.
Is there an impression thread yet or do we need to start one...as in where should I post the pictures?

Thanks again and hope to see most of you again soon.

Jan 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #77 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellenback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for a great and friendly meet Pat. It was good to see friends and new faces. I have pictures and will post some soon. Everything is delayed a bit as I had quite an adventure getting home last night. It started with a dead battery and then some real fun with a broken axle on the 401 (express lane)...two calls to CAA in one night (glad I had them) 20 minutes trying to flag somebody down as I don't have a cell phone...and a tow to the garage.
eek.gif

Lots of
floatsmile.png
Is there an impression thread yet or do we need to start one...as in where should I post the pictures?

omg thats nuts O_O good to hear you made it home ok.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #78 of 87
I had a great time
smily_headphones1.gif
Big thank you! to pat for organizing it, providing the delicious food and everything else. Big thanks for introducing me to Newcastle... whoever it was, I forget your screen name
frown.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #79 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellenback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif

Lots of
floatsmile.png

That was quite a night! Glad to know you got home in one piece!

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #80 of 87
Great Meet! Thanks Pat for being a kind hostess and feeding the horde! I think I speak for all when I say, the food was amazing.

I met some hardcore audiophiles and got to try out REAALLY high end gear that I doubt I would have been able to lay my paws on, if it wasnt for this meet!

Kudos to Prickly Peete and Cerebrous for lugging their respective huge rigs all the way to the meet.

Oh and Thanks for the ride home Cerebrous!

Jan 31, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #81 of 87
I'm really glad everyone had a great time
biggrin.gif
I will totally host again one day.

I realized much later that I should have brought my WA6 downstairs, as I don't think it got enough meet love
frown.gif

Oh yeah, and Brian? I thought your pumpernickel bread/dip plate was BROWNIES and dipping sauce! I didn't read the damn label so I put it away for 'later'! LOL

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #82 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really glad everyone had a great time
biggrin.gif
I will totally host again one day.

I realized much later that I should have brought my WA6 downstairs, as I don't think it got enough meet love
frown.gif

Oh yeah, and Brian? I thought your pumpernickel bread/dip plate was BROWNIES and dipping sauce! I didn't read the damn label so I put it away for 'later'! LOL

I've wanted to hear a WA6 for years now! I think I was having too good a time with everyone to get back to try all the gear!

(Having a hell of a hell of a time trying to post these pictures. I've installed all the camera software now I have to learn how to use it! I know there were others there taking pictures so lets see 'em while I go to camera school
confused.gif

Edit:
Can someone else start a meet impressions thread and it will give me time to get this sorted and post the pictures there (as is the norm). Thanks to anyone who helps out.

Feb 1, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #87 of 87
It was great to meet everyone and thanks again, Pat, for hosting. It was a great way to see other enthusiastic people showing their wares.

The darkvoice was extremely good!!!

Didn't have a chance with the stax, since they were quite a popular item for people to try on. The "30 yr old" headphones were quite a sight! Please, keep those photos hidden for another 30 yrs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Vlad for the intro regarding "Them Crooked Vultures", the album sounded good with your setup!

Looking forward to another meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back