IC: GTA/Mississauga meet at punkaroo's hip new place!
Jan 17, 2010 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

punkaroo

500+ Head-Fier
Yes folks, it's that time again! My lovely new home will be more than happy to host you all for a head-fi meet
smily_headphones1.gif
I have THREE, that's right...THREE different audio setups that you can all audition. Bring CDs (that includes SACDs and DVD-Audio CDs). I just got my Oppo BDP-83 player setup with Orb Audio speakers (5.1 setup) and Marantz receiver and it sounds UN-FREAKIN'-BELIEVABLE!

I can probably host between 10 and 15 people. We can hang out in the living room/dining room, my office, and the finished basement complete with the above setup. Oh, and HD Plasma screen too
biggrin.gif

There will be food...although I'm not sure what. If anyone has any food allergies, PLEASE let me know ASAP so I don't cook something that will kill you! Also, if anyone is opposed to beef, let me know. I might be lazy and just throw a ton of meat on the BBQ and call it a day
tongue.gif
Oh yes, it's BYOB too.

Please reply to this thread with whatever gear you will be bringing. My gear is in my sig
smily_headphones1.gif
The date I have in mind is Saturday January 30th.

PM me with any questions/comments/suggestions/queries you may have
biggrin.gif
Thanks all!

PS. I almost forgot to mention: I have two cats, so I hope no one is allergic! They'll probably be too scared to hang out with us anyway!

Jan 18, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 87
It's been too long, I'll be there with my Tomahawk portable and a Head 5 for starters, the rest I'll have to figure out what I can carry on the Bus. Finally a meet within my own city!

Jan 18, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 87
i will try to make it. i would definitely like to come. i can bring some of my full size headphones, and minibox E+. also my M^3/s11 combo.

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 87
Where in Mississauga are you?

I can bring some

hd650's
sr325is
pk1's
ld I+
and a dacmagic.

Oh and some k701's with a frankenzero dac.

mini box is away for a RMA and i'm waiting to get my 332S amp for my hd650's (i doubt I'll get it before the meet though)

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #8 of 87
Hey guys

I'm the new Canadian Sponsor, I am interest in coming.

I might be able to bring in some Japanese gear (if I can get it in on time by the meet)

what time do you guys usually meet?

Thanks - Paul

Jan 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #9 of 87
I will be pm-ing everyone with location details as we approach closer to the date
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by cerebrous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys

I'm the new Canadian Sponsor, I am interest in coming.

I might be able to bring in some Japanese gear (if I can get it in on time by the meet)

How about bringing a uDAC and NE-8s?

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #13 of 87
Cerebrous, would you be able to bring a pair of GR8s? That would be awesome!

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #14 of 87
I should be able to make it that day.. I'll bring the Hifiman 801 if it actually DOES arrive this week like its supposed to. And thats pretty much all I have to offer as my JH-13 won't fit anyone else
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back