IC: GTA/Mississauga meet at punkaroo's hip new place!
Jan 20, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #16 of 87
Count me in. I'll bring the HF-2, HD600s, Picos, Gilmore Lite, and the Parasound if I can get a ride.

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 87
Sameer, where do you live?

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #18 of 87
punkaroo, this is an excellent idea. Could you give me the general area where you live so I can get an estimate of drive time? (BTW, I'm also in 'sauga near Erin Mills Town Centre) Also, what time are you hosting this meet? I, unfortunately, have to go out at around 5pm, but I'd like to get as much time in as possible. I would be able to bring an M^3 amp + Sigma-11 PSU, a y2 DAC, HD650 + DHC Blackout Cable, and my recently acquired HiFiMAN HE-5. I wish I had the whole day off!

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #19 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
punkaroo, this is an excellent idea. Could you give me the general area where you live so I can get an estimate of drive time? (BTW, I'm also in 'sauga near Erin Mills Town Centre) Also, what time are you hosting this meet? I, unfortunately, have to go out at around 5pm, but I'd like to get as much time in as possible. I would be able to bring an M^3 amp + Sigma-11 PSU, a y2 DAC, HD650 + DHC Blackout Cable, and my recently acquired HiFiMAN HE-5. I wish I had the whole day off!

Omg, i'm in meadowvale.

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #20 of 87
I'm about a five minute drive from Erin Mills Town Centre
biggrin.gif
And I used to live in Meadowvale!

I think people could start showing up at 2pm.

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #21 of 87
Things are looking up then. I should be able to make it and I'll bring along oogabooga if I go. We were actually planning our own mini-meet on the 30th until we found out about this.

BTW, thanks for generously volunteering to be the host and allowing us to use your place punkaroo. We need something like this for Mississauga, so many hidden Head-fi'ers with great gear.

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #23 of 87
So far, I have the following people confirmed. Please let me know if I've forgotten you!

• Canuck57
• Doxaman
• Djarum
• ken0166
• Deltaspirit
• Cerebrous
• Bo
• oogabooga
• transient orca
• Hellenback
• charliex
• Salil
• d.n.d.

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #24 of 87
Hey Pat - count me in of course - REALLY looking forward to meeting old friends again and hearing some new setups.
beerchug.gif

I can bring my HF-1 and HF-2, ESW10JPN, HD-580 and a few normal bias Stax cans, SR-5, SR-X Mk3 and my beloved SR-Lambda. Will you or someone have a Stax amp or emergizer or should I bring my SRM-1/Mk2? Oh and if anyone is interesed I have a few Yamaha Orthodynamics - - - and every meet needs a Jecklin Float for pics
duggehsmile.png

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #26 of 87
Hey Punkaroo (I dont know you by name, I just stumbled across this post a few hours ago). I dont think I qualify as an Audiophile (maybe an aspiring audiophile), but I would love to meet other audiophiles and listen to some seriously high end audio. In fact, Ive been trolling around Head Fi forums for months before I actually went about registering myself (which I did today, just so that I could post this). So what I'm really saying here is, I would love to attend. However, I am in no position to get any sort of gear (for the simple reason that I dont own any). Let me know... Cheers.

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #27 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by cerebrous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow you guys are hardcore...

I'm going to have to start carrying some hardcore stuff..

Yes
biggrin.gif

Salil, you are more than welcome to join us!

Jan 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #28 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Salil, you are more than welcome to join us!

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
Let me know the address and all that. Looking forward to it
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back