iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 4, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #4,277 of 6,795
Which software firmware is the warmest sounding? I'm going to pair dx80 to he 400i, and I hear a warm sounding dac/amp can make 400i sound better

wow! you're still here. i thought you already said goodbye to this thread?
blink.gif

May 5, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #4,282 of 6,795
1.4.0 currently sounds the best to my ears, coming from the constant update and always coming back to 1.1.4, I've found that 1.1.4 sounded more shy, and presents a flatter sounds in an A/B test with 1.4.0. In the other hand, 1.4.0 presents a more bipolar sound. It sounded similar to 1.1.4, while having the higher frequency being more present. Due to that, some music may sound harsh, but it sounds perfect with a particular genre which I listen to, which is chill edm.

May 5, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #4,284 of 6,795
It's just me or 1.4.2 sounds more boring like listening music in a line? By far I like 1.3.3 by lurker, trying both 1.4.2 original and lurker's mod can't feel the emotion with the song

Same here - although depends on headphones used  = synergy
With the current IEM's ive been using of late the fw 1.3 sounds simply magical - night & day difference compared to following updates
The last update was fine but for me, a little clinical and uninteresting. Its also quite subtle! may not be an issue for some...which is great :) 

May 5, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #4,286 of 6,795
  I just jumped in in this wagon. Should I go straight to last FW? What is the difference between original and lurker0?

original is more clinical and compromise on musicality

May 5, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #4,287 of 6,795
I forgot to put the card in slot 2 to FW update in console recovery. I guess it worked, I got no error warning I guess and the FW version matches OK. Can be a coincidence. Sorry if this was already covered but I'm only in page 42 on this topic. I'm reading...

May 5, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #4,288 of 6,795
Sorry for the double post but is for a good a good reason: my first hi-fi DAP (I used DAC+AMP devices), I'm very very happy with this player 
happy_face1.gif
 Zero bugs until now, tried the last 3 FW and I'm happy with the last FW (it's not boring at all, 1.3.3 is more boring because is fuller and has less treble presence, I prefer much more 1.4 as it's more dinamic), I noticed that they are improving small things also in menus for better visibility and usability (stuff like transparency also - like in volume), good UI, really great player! I use the Earsonics SM64 V2.

I have to say, these guys are no rookies in this, well done iBasso, nothing is out of place.
normal_smile .gif
 Very Hi Fi and clean sound!

May 5, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #4,289 of 6,795
  Sorry for the double post but is for a good a good reason: my first hi-fi DAP (I used DAC+AMP devices), I'm very very happy with this player 
happy_face1.gif
 Zero bugs until now, tried the last 3 FW and I'm happy with the last FW (it's not boring at all, 1.3.3 is more boring because is fuller and has less treble presence, I prefer much more 1.4 as it's more dinamic), I noticed that they are improving small things also in menus for better visibility and usability (stuff like transparency also - like in volume), good UI, really great player! I use the Earsonics SM64 V2.

I have to say, these guys are no rookies in this, well done iBasso, nothing is out of place.
normal_smile .gif
 Very Hi Fi and clean sound!

definitely, the dx200 is going to wow us even further

May 5, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #4,290 of 6,795
  Crash and failure to complete scanning my card with firmware 1.4.2 (as happened with 1.4.1). Installed the update with the "power button + volume up" method, no good. Ran a second factory reset just for kicks, no good. Tried erasing the card and putting all the music back on it, no good. Cannot use the "factory wipe tool" thing on page 1, because I have no PC.

The card scans fine when I revert to firmware 1.3.3, so I'm back to that one.

The minimum viable product concept only works if you eventually take the next steps and make the software robust. An "update" that breaks basic functionality (scanning a card) should never have seen the light of day.

This is exactly the behavior of my DX80.
DX80 is frustrating me a lot. But soundwise it's awesome...

I have this issue too. For three days now I tried everything to get a complete scan, but without success. I even tried the tool from post#1. Frustrated I got back to 1.3.3 and had success with the first scan. Please IBasso fix this error. It's very frustrating.
I have a 200GB and a 128GB card in my DX80.

Maik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back