iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #10,232 of 13,503
I thought mine on 1.3.5 was ok until it happened yesterday. I was listening in play all music in shuffle mode so I guess it took a while until the random selection played a track that was the last one in an album/folder. I can now reproduce the problem predictably as described by others. No downloaded apps and have done a factory reset 3 times already.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #10,233 of 13,503
Quote:
I thought mine on 1.3.5 was ok until it happened yesterday. I was listening in play all music in shuffle mode so I guess it took a while until the random selection played a track that was the last one in an album/folder. I can now reproduce the problem predictably as described by others. No downloaded apps and have done a factory reset 3 times already.

Same here...I just got my DX100 back from repair so it was pretty much a fresh 1.2.7 build and upgraded to 1.3.5 directly. Worked fine until this past evening.

I couldn't be sure about this but is there a link to the music pausing to some kind of eco-saving mode?

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #10,234 of 13,503
Quote:
On 1.2.7 now and no stopping issues.

Has anyone contacted iBasso to report this bug? I will be emailing them this evening to report my experience

They are aware of this now.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #10,236 of 13,503
Quote:
They are aware of this now.

so Jamato8 dealing with portable CD players is  worst than dealing with this $829 ibasso brick  and its bugs? I say it because you replied to my post in the portable rigs thread saying that basicaly dealing with Cd playes was worthless.

I can't understand how people still buy this player after reading all this posts about this dap's issues

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #10,237 of 13,503
Quote:
I can't understand how people still buy this player after reading all these posts about this DAP's issues.

You don't understand ? Try listening to this player. Quite a lot of posts praising the SQ aside the few issues in this thread, if you can see through the lines. Besides, like with any product discussed on internet forums, there are always more complainers than people saying how good or just satisfactory a product is. Why ? They just use it blissfully without reporting. In this case, they listen blissfully to the music and proceed with their activities, or even just listen to the music and do nothing else as that can easily happen with this device, being completely drawn into the music and revelling in its beauty.

I have been a proud owner of this player for close to a year now, with no regrets what so ever, even with the recent release of the (RWA)AK100, which has its own few issues AFAIUI. With FW v.1.2.7, I'm quite happy indeed. FLAC & ALAC, 24/192, Cue support and last but not least, gap-less. And my album art & tagging display just fine, thank you. The occasional glitch? Hardly ever now. But the sound, the sound...

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #10,238 of 13,503
Quote:
so Jamato8 dealing with portable CD players is  worst than dealing with this $829 ibasso brick  and its bugs? I say it because you replied to my post in the portable rigs thread saying that basicaly dealing with Cd playes was worthless.

I can't understand how people still buy this player after reading all this posts about this dap's issues

I did not say it was worthless. But using one cd at a time is a pain when you can have 100's of albums at your finger tips. And the few bugs the DX has is nothing compared to that. I use the DX100 day in and day out with no problems, so for me, there aren't any bugs issues to deal with. The iRiver H120 and 140 were great players but even they had issues and it was RockBox that made up for the UI. The DX100 is miles ahead of that player in sound and use. And to call the DX a brick is comparing to what? Carrying around a portable dac and amp with a cd player is cumbersome and I used to do it. Carrying around just the cd player is ok but then you have the cd's to carry also so there you go. Portable cd players had their day and I still have some but they get no play time.

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #10,239 of 13,503
Quote:

You don't understand ? Try listening to this player. Quite a lot of posts praising the SQ aside the few issues in this thread, if you can see through the lines. Besides, like with any product discussed on internet forums, there are always more complainers than people saying how good or just satisfactory a product is. Why ? They just use it blissfully without reporting. In this case, they listen blissfully to the music and proceed with their activities, or even just listen to the music and do nothing else as that can easily happen with this device, being completely drawn into the music and revelling in its beauty.

I have been a proud owner of this player for close to a year now, with no regrets what so ever, even with the recent release of the (RWA)AK100, which has its own few issues AFAIUI. With FW v.1.2.7, I'm quite happy indeed. FLAC & ALAC, 24/192, Cue support and last but not least, gap-less. And my album art & tagging display just fine, thank you. The occasional glitch? Hardly ever now. But the sound, the sound...

+1

Aside from firmware 1.3.5 stopping glitch - which iBasso will fix quickly - I'm quite happy too.
Its a piece of cake to roll back to v1.2.7 in the meantime

I've heard a number of players and none compare to this. Which is why I'm happy to put up with the odd glitch now and again....and its size and weight.

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #10,240 of 13,503
Quote:

Just revert back to the older firmware until they fix that issue. Not a big deal. The player does have true gapless so I'm not sure where you got that from....

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #10,244 of 13,503
Are they complying the .7 rules?
1.1.7 -> 1.2.7 -> 1.3.7? 
beerchug.gif

version 1.3.7 will be fine guys, just be patient. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back