iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #10,201 of 13,503
Thanks for the tips Lee.... I have done a couple Factory Resets previously but must admit didn't after the reformat and installing the new FW. Never thought of doing that thinking this was restoring the device as delivered but with the new firmware.

Following your instructions to the tee... Lets see if this fixes it. Will let you know.

Thanks again...

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #10,202 of 13,503
Lee, I nearly sang your praises! I played the last track in an album I knew I'd had the issue with. After that track finished I moved to the first track of the next album and it played through perfectly... WooHoo I thought. But you guessed it part way through the second it stopped. And after waking the device and it starting to play without any other input... It played for a while then stopped again. And this repeated yet a third time.

I've just exited Music and restarted play. Gone through 2 tracks and now on my third. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I might repeat the whole process, follow your extra instructions and just load a couple albums and see what happens if I do this without any other stuffing about. Just the same this shouldn't be this finicky really. This is worse than being on the bleeding edge of PC computers back in the 80s when we had to hold our tongues just right so the modem would connect to the scanner. :wink:

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #10,203 of 13,503
Quote:
Lee, I nearly sang your praises! I played the last track in an album I knew I'd had the issue with. After that track finished I moved to the first track of the next album and it played through perfectly... WooHoo I thought. But you guessed it part way through the second it stopped. And after waking the device and it starting to play without any other input... It played for a while then stopped again. And this repeated yet a third time.

I've just exited Music and restarted play. Gone through 2 tracks and now on my third.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I might repeat the whole process, follow your extra instructions and just load a couple albums and see what happens if I do this without any other stuffing about. Just the same this shouldn't be this finicky really. This is worse than being on the bleeding edge of PC computers back in the 80s when we had to hold our tongues just right so the modem would connect to the scanner.
wink.gif

lmao if its too much of an issue man then I say go back to 1.2.7. Did you have this issue on that firmware? If not then I say screw it, take a step backwards :wink:. Is the device in native playback for gapless? Still I was getting the music stopping during playback issue due to the player going into sleep randomly. I've only been able to replicate that if I was to pause the player, then rewind the track back to the beginning of the song and then let the player play and it would cut music off every time I'd turn the screen off lol, once I turn the screen back on it would resume play. :p. I'm curious if this bug somehow worked its way from being a minor bug to a complete PITA...

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #10,204 of 13,503
My dx100 is also on 1.3.5, and luckily I haven't got any random stoppage on any tracks so far. Actually I found that this version fixed one of my previous issue: after started playing a track and the screen go to sleep, there will be a loud pop sound for a very short period of time and after that the track will be back to normal again. Now, with 1.3.5, that pop sound seems went away, but the pop sound when turning on the screen from sleep still happen, which seems cannot be fixed by fw
redface.gif

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #10,205 of 13,503
I've just had the random stop occur.

I played through an mp3 album via Folder - moved onto a FLAC album via folder and a few minutes into the song there was a quiet pop as the unit went into sleep mode.
As soon as I turned the screen on, the song started again, but the stop happened twice more in the same song.
I wonder if this is some kind of time related bug?

I've turned the player off and on again and am going to retest again starting with a different album.

This definitely didn't happen with the last firmware.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #10,206 of 13,503
Quote:
I've just had the random stop occur.

I played through an mp3 album via Folder - moved onto a FLAC album via folder and a few minutes into the song there was a quiet pop as the unit went into sleep mode.
As soon as I turned the screen on, the song started again, but the stop happened twice more in the same song.
I wonder if this is some kind of time related bug?

I've turned the player off and on again and am going to retest again starting with a different album.

This definitely didn't happen with the last firmware.

I had that happen 2-3 times after initially loading 1.3.5, but not after turning it off and on again.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #10,208 of 13,503
Quote:
I had that happen 2-3 times after initially loading 1.3.5, but not after turning it off and on again.

Very funny show....even if you don't get the IT humour :)

It has happened again - plays one album in full and then stops during 1st track of next album.

This is the first time of proper listening since I upgaded....mmmm....I wonder if there might be a service or app that's causing it?

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #10,211 of 13,503
Okay, just did a complete new install with 1.3.5 and with only a couple albums loaded I can get the same issue repeat. Nothing else loaded. Exit the Music App with the advanced UI and its fine until you go through a complete album. If you change the repeat setting the loop, no problem. But who wants to loop the same album or playlist over and over.

Going to go back to 1.2.7 as per Lee's suggestion, but not getting my hopes up as I was getting this on that FW too. Didn't notice it much because I was playing around with my new DAP so much, I might not have finished too many albums before hoping to a new one.

HKPPL... Try to do exactly the same as me and kryten123, ie play through the last track of an album until it stops, select a new album and you may find it will stop after 2-3 mins. And it will keep stopping until you exit the app and start playing again. You don't need to reboot and rebooting while it will fix the first album play, it will stop next time once you've played through an album. Incidentally, you don't need to play through the whole album or even the whole last track. You can scrobble through to near e end of that last track and replicate the issue from my experience.

Lee... I guess it is a small PITA in comparison to how good this player is, but if Apple dished this up, they would be pilloried for having such a defective device don't you think? It's bugs like these that has me completely frustrated with Microsoft and these days as the manager of a fair sized enterprise, I think for the money we expend I expect top performance. If it was a car, you'd call it a lemon, no matter how nice it drove.

I'll keep the thread posted...

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #10,212 of 13,503
Quote:
Or maybe your finger is getting much stronger thanks to the non-responsive UI ?

My job consists of mostly scripting and I use a Lenovo mechanical keyboard (the trustworthy old IBM design) all day. If I lost a pound or two I would be able to do pushups only with my fingers!

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #10,213 of 13,503
Quote:
My job consists of mostly scripting and I use a Lenovo mechanical keyboard (the trustworthy old IBM design) all day. If I lost a pound or two I would be able to do pushups only with my fingers!

Oh how I want to see that.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #10,214 of 13,503
Quote:

If you lost more weight, maybe you can do push ups only with your thumbs too! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
Okay, just did a complete new install with 1.3.5 and with only a couple albums loaded I can get the same issue repeat. Nothing else loaded. Exit the Music App with the advanced UI and its fine until you go through a complete album. If you change the repeat setting the loop, no problem. But who wants to loop the same album or playlist over and over.

Going to go back to 1.2.7 as per Lee's suggestion, but not getting my hopes up as I was getting this on that FW too. Didn't notice it much because I was playing around with my new DAP so much, I might not have finished too many albums before hoping to a new one.

HKPPL... Try to do exactly the same as me and kryten123, ie play through the last track of an album until it stops, select a new album and you may find it will stop after 2-3 mins. And it will keep stopping until you exit the app and start playing again. You don't need to reboot and rebooting while it will fix the first album play, it will stop next time once you've played through an album. Incidentally, you don't need to play through the whole album or even the whole last track. You can scrobble through to near e end of that last track and replicate the issue from my experience.

Lee... I guess it is a small PITA in comparison to how good this player is, but if Apple dished this up, they would be pilloried for having such a defective device don't you think? It's bugs like these that has me completely frustrated with Microsoft and these days as the manager of a fair sized enterprise, I think for the money we expend I expect top performance. If it was a car, you'd call it a lemon, no matter how nice it drove.

I'll keep the thread posted...

Ok will follow your steps to see if I could reproduce the problem or not, I seldom use album so that's why I haven't hit the random stop problem...

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #10,215 of 13,503
I might need to change back to 1.2.7. This random (noisy) jump when I change song is annoying me. sometimes it even jumps to the song that I didn't even choose.

Also the flat EQ sounds a bit strange, very soft or sloppy I should say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back