iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #9,571 of 13,503
Quote:
As Fang has just kept me waiting SOooooooo long for the 901, the DX100 really tempts me

only one thing puts me off - a thread of 638 pages.

bottom line, is it a complicated purchase?

some of the stuff in this thread scares me away!

Not at all, just read the first page, and use the FAQ.

The DX100 is generally easy to use, and  you should have a bit of patience while loading new songs to your DX100 library.
If SQ is your concern look no where else.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #9,572 of 13,503
Head-fiers could obfuscate and disagree on the best temperature to boil water at sea level.

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

Edit: KT ignore this part :D

After using Titanium Backup it tells me the superuser binary needs updating. I didn't do it because it seemed like danger that way lay. Ought I?

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #9,573 of 13,503
Quote:
Head-fiers could obfuscate and disagree on the best temperature to boil water at sea level.
Edit: KT ignore this part
biggrin.gif

After using Titanium Backup it tells me the superuser binary needs updating. I didn't do it because it seemed like danger that way lay. Ought I?

Doesn't hurt to do it @ all.  Just install the new superuser through app store and run it and hit update.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #9,574 of 13,503
this sentence sums it all up for me, I have no idea what you are going on about, I want a DAP to turn on, drag and drop, and then play
Quote:
  Just install the new superuser through app store and run it and hit update.

SQ is all that matters to me, I don't care about memory, UI, battery, high powered amp etc 
but nor do I care about wifi and apps when I want to listen to music.

very VERY confused...
can't get the 801 in UK any more
901 is still a myth to me
C4 won't do 24/96 flac and has no line out
DX100 seems to need a degree in Cobalt to make it work!

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #9,575 of 13,503
Quote:
this sentence sums it all up for me, I have no idea what you are going on about, I want a DAP to turn on, drag and drop, and then play

SQ is all that matters to me, I don't care about memory, UI, battery, high powered amp etc 

very VERY confused...

Quote:
Edit: KT ignore this part
biggrin.gif

Happy Pudu!!?? look what have you done!

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #9,576 of 13,503
Quote:

very VERY confused...

I actually have a degree in programming and mathematics so I wonder why you'd even throw Cobalt out there (must be something the kids hear these days and think it's cool like python).  Anyhow, what we're talking about is just installing apps......basics for using android or iOS these days for mobile devices.....but that's another discussion.  To answer your concerns directly, you don't need to do anything to the DX100 out the box, you plug it into your usb port on the computer and put music in the correct folder.  Then you press play on the widget or start the music app (only real app) and hit play.  This discussion is for those comfortable with rooting an android device and optimizing things a bit (which you made a pt to not care about).  So don't worry about a thing.

If using something like android or iOs to start an app on playing music is too difficult for you....I'd suggest you stick with cd players (discmans) and MD/tape players like we used to play with to keep things simple.  But if you want to play with the new DAPs, you need some minimum competence in terms of plugging a device into a computer to transfer files and to hit play.

Dec 17, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #9,577 of 13,503
Quote:

very VERY confused...

I am busy and have no real time to mess with something that doesn't work easily, any longer or right now. I load the music to the memory, either internal to the DX or to the cards, turn the unit on, let it load for 10 minutes or so for the first time, about 1 or so from then on, and play and hear great sound. There is a bit of a learning curve at first, like ANYTHING, but really, it is an easy device to use and I love it when I can go out walking or sit here at home with it -19 degrees outside and listen to fabulous sound. Love it! 

Sounding good with my Ultrasone Ed. 9. 

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #9,578 of 13,503
I actually have a degree in programming and mathematics so I wonder why you'd even throw Cobalt out there (must be something the kids hear these days and think it's cool like python). 

It was a joke , it was the first computer language I could think of
I am 45

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #9,579 of 13,503
People, if ljuk creates another account and posts crap here again, please don't reply to it, just report the post and it (and all his other posts, if any) will soon disappear. Thanks. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #9,580 of 13,503
Quote:
People, if ljuk creates another account and posts crap here again, please don't reply to it, just report the post and it (and all his other posts, if any) will soon disappear. Thanks. 
beerchug.gif

No problem. I just decided to ignore the troll :wink:. Next time I'll report it.

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #9,581 of 13,503
...Doesn't hurt to do it @ all. Just install the new superuser through app store and run it and hit update.

Cheers Sen. I'll update then without fear.

...Happy Pudu!!?? look what have you done!

You know me. Always looking for anyway I can make matters better. :D

this sentence sums it all up for me, I have no idea what you are going on about, I want a DAP to turn on, drag and drop, and then play ...SQ is all that matters to me, I don't care about memory, UI, battery, high powered amp etc 
but nor do I care about wifi and apps when I want to listen to music...

The DX is plug and play. Hook it up to your computer through USB. Copy songs over. Disconnect and hit play.

I used it as is, straight out of the box for 6 months. If you want good great sound and want it to be portable (and can swallow the price of great portable sound) - you will be very happy with the DX. There is really no learning curve and the company is very easy to deal with - they are a good bunch. Plus you have the best user support source right here on this forum (myself and Turok excluded :wink: ) . And the DX is in all likely hood about to get even better in the future with firmware updates and third parties getting full access to the DX's internals - which may sound complicated but it isn't .. at all.

People, if ljuk creates another account and posts crap here again, please don't reply to it, just report the post and it (and all his other posts, if any) will soon disappear. Thanks. :beerchug:

Dang it, I missed another tirade? :mad:

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #9,582 of 13,503
Dec 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #9,583 of 13,503
Quote:
It was a joke , it was the first computer language I could think of
I am 45

I hope you give the player some serious consideration if you're looking for some great flexibility and SQ.  I'm using the dx100 as the "to go" critical listening rig's source.  Hold my lossless files and am just hunting down the right amp now to pair with the lcd-2 that's part of the to-go rig.  The dx100 is indeed a very nice package with the output flexibility and an extremely good internal DAC/amp built in.  Not exactly the portable setup you'd want to carry around listening to IEM's though IMO....you'd do better for yourself there using on the of the Sony Walkmans....Purchased the Z series in Japan for this purpose.  The DX100 is worth every penny for sure.

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #9,584 of 13,503
Quote:

I hope you give the player some serious consideration if you're looking for some great flexibility and SQ.  I'm using the dx100 as the "to go" critical listening rig's source.  Hold my lossless files and am just hunting down the right amp now to pair with the lcd-2 that's part of the to-go rig.  The dx100 is indeed a very nice package with the output flexibility and an extremely good internal DAC/amp built in.  Not exactly the portable setup you'd want to carry around listening to IEM's though IMO....you'd do better for yourself there using on the of the Sony Walkmans....Purchased the Z series in Japan for this purpose.  The DX100 is worth every penny for sure.

You may want to have a peak at the T1 amp. At least going from a comparison of an owner of this actual rig (DX100/T1 and LCD-2). The person actually found the sound quality of this pairing to be better than that of the ALO MKIII combo (I know quite shocking but just putting it out there for you).

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #9,585 of 13,503
Quote:

The Dx100 is superb for (c)iems 
wink.gif

Very finely controlled volume, no channel imbalance and pitch black background. Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back