IBasso Audio IT03
Mar 24, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #2,281 of 3,344
I have tried spiral dots and spinfits, spinfits seem to isolate really poorly for me (yes, I have tried other sizes of tips and I have checked that I put them correctly on the it03), to give an example when no music is playing I can hear the sound of my shoe scraping against the floor, for spiral dots they isolate better for me. I also found that the spinfits enhanced the treble a little too much for me, so I will be sticking to my spiral dots. Anyone else have isolation problems with spinfits? Although I really like the increased clarity that comes with the enhanced treble.

I tried the Spinfit CP100-L last night. I can get a very good seal with them and pretty good isolation, however with them buried in my ears I can still have a conversation with someone with music off. When I remove them they are sealed so well the bud inverts.

I did notice the enhanced treble over the stock tips and on some material bordered on being a bit fatiguing, but on other music I found myself enjoying the clarity. Bass seemed a bit tighter/quicker with less boom over the stock tips. However, I didn't find them very comfortable as they started hurting after about 30-45 minutes. My ear anatomy, is a fairly large opening that narrows quickly and makes a sharp bend.

I have Comply Tsx500 in various sizes I am going to try and ordered the Sony Hybrids. If the spriral dots weren't so hard to source, I would try them. However, if I can't settle on a preferred tip from the Spinfits, Comply or Sony I will give them a try, and probably should anyway based on the good experiences expressed here.

I really like the IT03 so far, only about 3 hours of listening. First mid-fi in ear that I have tried. Used to dynamic driver only BT wireless in ear for working out. I am comparing them to Meze 11 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT990 and DT1990 over the ear. Makes me wonder if this is the best out there in the <$400 range.

These also work well with Schiit Valhalla 2 OTL amp in low-gain mode with no hiss whatsoever.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #2,282 of 3,344

I tried the Spinfit CP100-L last night. I can get a very good seal with them and pretty good isolation, however with them buried in my ears I can still have a conversation with someone with music off. When I remove them they are sealed so well the bud inverts.

I did notice the enhanced treble over the stock tips and on some material bordered on being a bit fatiguing, but on other music I found myself enjoying the clarity. Bass seemed a bit tighter/quicker with less boom over the stock tips. However, I didn't find them very comfortable as they started hurting after about 30-45 minutes. My ear anatomy, is a fairly large opening that narrows quickly and makes a sharp bend.

I have Comply Tsx500 in various sizes I am going to try and ordered the Sony Hybrids. If the spriral dots weren't so hard to source, I would try them. However, if I can't settle on a preferred tip from the Spinfits, Comply or Sony I will give them a try, and probably should anyway based on the good experiences expressed here.

I really like the IT03 so far, only about 3 hours of listening. First mid-fi in ear that I have tried. Used to dynamic driver only BT wireless in ear for working out. I am comparing them to Meze 11 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT990 and DT1990 over the ear. Makes me wonder if this is the best out there in the <$400 range.

These also work well with Schiit Valhalla 2 OTL amp in low-gain mode with no hiss whatsoever.

I think that is the general consensus at this point. Also consider FLC8s.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #2,284 of 3,344
Strangely, I found that all the tips included with the IT03 didn't sound very good. Spinfits sounded good but would release its seal every so ofte, and I hate having to readjust. I found that a mediumish bi-flange tip (I think came with a pair Fidue's) worked the best for me and sounded the best as well. Plenty of bass, great seal, and great detail. All the other tips sounded thin or the bass didn't sound "right" to me. Just my experience. Wish I could find the exact bi flange tips for sale somewhere, most are kinda big and thick. Mine are sort of smaller headed and kinda thin.

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #2,286 of 3,344
How do you get the Sony hybrids to stay on the nozzles? My hybrids' bore is so narrow that it pulls itself out nomatter how far down i push it.
Are there different bore sizes for the hybrids or am I missing anything?

Mine fit great. Don't think there are different nozzle sizes.

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #2,287 of 3,344
  How do you get the Sony hybrids to stay on the nozzles? My hybrids' bore is so narrow that it pulls itself out nomatter how far down i push it.
Are there different bore sizes for the hybrids or am I missing anything?

I will have mine on Sunday and will update on how they fit on shaft.

I see in your IEM inventory list you have the W30. How would compare them to the IT03?

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #2,288 of 3,344

I will have mine on Sunday and will update on how they fit on shaft.

I see in your IEM inventory list you have the W30. How would compare them to the IT03?

I did a comparison a few pages back in this thread. After a month with the IT03 I love them that much more, but they are less forgiving of bad mastering and they definitely benefit from higher quality source hardware.

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #2,289 of 3,344
  I did a comparison a few pages back in this thread. After a month with the IT03 I love them that much more, but they are less forgiving of bad mastering and they definitely benefit from higher quality source hardware.

Thanks, I found it. I need to find time to go through this entire thread. Another question you may have already answered previously, what tips do you prefer so far?

Is anyone finding that guitar instrumentals sound thin, less body? Perhaps bad mastering and/or streaming at 320kbps is the culprit. My source chain is local lossless library/Spotifiy->Sonos coax out->Schiit Bitfrost->Schiit Valhalla 2->IT03.

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #2,290 of 3,344

Thanks, I found it. I need to find time to go through this entire thread. Another question you may have already answered previously, what tips do you prefer so far?

Is anyone finding that guitar instrumentals sound thin, less body? Perhaps bad mastering and/or streaming at 320kbps is the culprit. My source chain is local lossless library/Spotifiy->Sonos coax out->Schiit Bitfrost->Schiit Valhalla 2->IT03.

I seem to prefer the S stock clear ones. I'm usually a size M but these IEMs go so deep that S seal really easily without the added pressure on my ear canal.
I tried wider bore tips but they allow ear wax to reach the grill too easily and I didn't hear any differences in the sound. The narrower bore ones protect the grille slightly.
Haven't tried any foams yet but don't have any Comply 500/600 currently. I generally prefer silicone tips if the seal is secure enough, which totally is the case for me so...

On the sound I actually love how guitars (both acoustic and electric) sound on these but it's probably a matter of preference. The only aspect of the sound I don't 100% love is cymbals on some heavy metal tracks. W30 still kills it there.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #2,292 of 3,344
Hello guys, what cables(specs) are best with it03? My dap is teac ha p90sd.

I really like the one that comes with them to be honest, you will have to spend quite a bit to beat it. I've tried the Fiio balanced cable, thats good but a bit microphonic if you are sensitive to that particular issue. I've also tried the cable that came with my Westone UM pro 30, there is little to choose between them all IMHO.

I'm also waiting for the iBasso CB12 cable to be available to see what that one is like.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2,293 of 3,344
  I really like the one that comes with them to be honest, you will have to spend quite a bit to beat it...

I'm also waiting for the iBasso CB12 cable to be available to see what that one is like.

+1

The stock cable already is a very nice/good one imo.

It looks like they still have the CB12 over here with a nice $98 discount: https://www.headfiaudio.com/products/ibasso-cb12-braided-mmcx-balanced-cable-bronze
so, now it's only $700 (while normal retail is $89)
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #2,294 of 3,344

+1

The stock cable already is a very nice/good one imo.

It looks like they still have the CB12 over here with a nice $98 discount: https://www.headfiaudio.com/products/ibasso-cb12-braided-mmcx-balanced-cable-bronze
so, now it's only $700 (while normal retail is $89)
tongue.gif

That is an example of supply and demand at its best (worst). 
eek.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #2,295 of 3,344

Users who are viewing this thread

Back