IBasso Audio IT03
Apr 4, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #2,313 of 3,344
I didn't like the sound from the 1 more triple driver hybrid.  Sounded too metallic for my ears.  I hope the quad puts up something nice and be able to reach/surpass IT03 level, being a good all rounder and bang-for-the-buck IEM.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #2,315 of 3,344
Oh gotcha. I thought maybe a quad-driver IT04 had been announced, and I'd missed it or something...

heck there's the new Dunu that's already out, or is it for pre-order not sure. yeah, if they brought out more mids for the it04, that'd be quite a catch for me.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #2,317 of 3,344
1more. I believe that's the weaver speak for the 1more quad driver that's coming out. 200$ iirc, curious on that as well.

Don't bother with 1More. IT03's Knowles BAs are basically on another league compared to the Chi-fi BAs in 1More. Not only are the Knowles having more clarity, they are much more resolving as well. Even the dynamic driver sounds tighter in IT03.

I disagree that the 1More sounding metallic. These have a warmer signature and have less of a treble shrill compared to IT03.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #2,318 of 3,344
1more. I believe that's the weaver speak for the 1more quad driver that's coming out. 200$ iirc, curious on that as well.

Its already out and it has a very flat reference sound signature.

I also own the triples and it sounds nothing like the triples.

Don't bother with 1More. IT03's Knowles BAs are basically on another league compared to the Chi-fi BAs in 1More. Not only are the Knowles having more clarity, they are much more resolving as well. Even the dynamic driver sounds tighter in IT03.

I disagree that the 1More sounding metallic. These have a warmer signature and have less of a treble shrill compared to IT03.

A brand of BA's means very little, half the chi-fi cheapo craptastic IEM's are using Knowles drivers. So to say that this is ahead of the 1More because its using some brand of BA's is absurd.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #2,319 of 3,344

Its already out and it has a very flat reference sound signature.

I also own the triples and it sounds nothing like the triples.

A brand of BA's means very little, half the chi-fi cheapo craptastic IEM's are using Knowles drivers. So to say that this is ahead of the 1More because its using some brand of BA's is absurd.

There are different quality levels of the drivers available. A brand name can be used but that doesn't mean it is the best one produced in the line. We use the best that Knowles produces, which is also the most expensive. The dynamic bass unit is in house designed. Our IEMs are hand made and each pair is tested and matched. Using the best available in parts never guarantee good sound but when everything is matched, shells designed correctly and many hours of tuning are done with good ears the odds go up. We are confident with what we have done with the IT03 and our upcoming IT04.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 4, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #2,320 of 3,344

There are different quality levels of the drivers available. A brand name can be used but that doesn't mean it is the best one produced in the line. We use the best that Knowles produces, which is also the most expensive. The dynamic bass unit is in house designed. Our IEMs are hand made and each pair is tested and matched. Using the best available in parts never guarantee good sound but when everything is matched, shells designed correctly and many hours of tuning are done with good ears the odds go up. We are confident with what we have done with the IT03 and our upcoming IT04.

I'm not saying you aren't.
But what I am saying is that the brand of drivers used or even the quality of the drivers used doesn't guarantee a good or "better" sound than something else because tuning plays and extremely large part of it.
So someone shouldn't disregard one set of IEM's because of drivers, they should listen for themselves.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #2,321 of 3,344
I'm not saying you aren't.
But what I am saying is that the brand of drivers used or even the quality of the drivers used doesn't guarantee a good or "better" sound than something else because tuning plays and extremely large part of it.

So someone shouldn't disregard one set of IEM's because of drivers, they should listen for themselves.

Definitely agree with the last statement. I think he just wanted to have some input on the quality control and quality parts used with the it03. It doesn't guarantee a product is better than another but surely gives it a better chance of being quality. With that said, my $0.02 is the it03 is one of the best products I've purchased in it's pricerange. Can't compare it to the 1more though. The chi-fi iems and other hybrid/triple drivers I've tried so far (forte, noble 3u, d2) can't compare, but it doesn't mean someone might prefer the 1more.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #2,322 of 3,344
Definitely agree with the last statement. I think he just wanted to have some input on the quality control and quality parts used with the it03. It doesn't guarantee a product is better than another but surely gives it a better chance of being quality. With that said, my $0.02 is the it03 is one of the best products I've purchased in it's pricerange. Can't compare it to the 1more though. The chi-fi iems and other hybrid/triple drivers I've tried so far (forte, noble 3u, d2) can't compare, but it doesn't mean someone might prefer the 1more.

Ofcourse, but it also depends on the sound signature the listener prefers.

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #2,323 of 3,344

Can you give us any kind of timetable/range for release of the IT04, any specifics, I am assuming a hybrid design with 1 dd driver and 3 BAs?

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #2,324 of 3,344
Here is the only blurb I could find about the IT04 from someone who had actually heard it.  It's a Google Translate bit from this page:

'Although a couple of months ago, the in-ear ibasso iT04 (still not commercialized) left me totally in love when I tried them at the Convention Hotel Fair, c / Goya, courtesy of Headphoniaks; (I consider them better than the iT03s, while the iT03 have more "stuck", more serious, the iT04 had exceptional quality and a special fidelity to the original recording.'

Here's the original Spanish (I think?):

Aunque hace un par de meses, los in-ear ibasso iT04 (todavía no se comercializan) me dejaron del todo enamorao cuando los probé en la Feria del Hotel Convención, c/Goya, por cortesía de Headphoniaks;  (los considero mejores que los iT03; mientras que los iT03  tienen más "pegada", más grave,  los iT04 tenían una calidad excepcional y una especial fidelidad a la grabación original.

Just a very annoying tease. I mean what does it mean that the IT03 is more 'stuck' and 'serious'?  In another translation, pegada comes out as 'punch', and grave translates as severe, acute, deep, heavy, low, and, strangely enough, demure.  Seems like the last sentence suggests the IT04 will be more referency.

I'm really excited to listen to an IEM that's an upgrade from the IT03s. Also the CB12, and (eventually) the DX200.  Will the DX200/IT04 be the ultimate reference portable system?
Enquiring Minds 
gs1000.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #2,325 of 3,344
  Here is the only blurb I could find about the IT04 from someone who had actually heard it.  It's a Google Translate bit from this page:

'Although a couple of months ago, the in-ear ibasso iT04 (still not commercialized) left me totally in love when I tried them at the Convention Hotel Fair, c / Goya, courtesy of Headphoniaks; (I consider them better than the iT03s, while the iT03 have more "stuck", more serious, the iT04 had exceptional quality and a special fidelity to the original recording.'

Here's the original Spanish (I think?):

Aunque hace un par de meses, los in-ear ibasso iT04 (todavía no se comercializan) me dejaron del todo enamorao cuando los probé en la Feria del Hotel Convención, c/Goya, por cortesía de Headphoniaks;  (los considero mejores que los iT03; mientras que los iT03  tienen más "pegada", más grave,  los iT04 tenían una calidad excepcional y una especial fidelidad a la grabación original.

Just a very annoying tease. I mean what does it mean that the IT03 is more 'stuck' and 'serious'?  In another translation, pegada comes out as 'punch', and grave translates as severe, acute, deep, heavy, low, and, strangely enough, demure.  Seems like the last sentence suggests the IT04 will be more referency.

I'm really excited to listen to an IEM that's an upgrade from the IT03s. Also the CB12, and (eventually) the DX200.  Will the DX200/IT04 be the ultimate reference portable system?
Enquiring Minds 
gs1000.gif

Thank you for this! I was just about to say that i freaking love these it03s and every time i hear them im floored, except the only thing that bothers me is the QUANTITY of bass. it is just a bit too much for me, but the ibasso does everything right. so a reference sounding it04 means i need to get my wallet prepped  (;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back