IBasso Audio IT03
Mar 23, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #2,267 of 3,344
They fit well. I have the smalls. Word on the street is the it03's are made for foams though...Or wide bores. I'm going to buy some auvios and I'll post on how that goes. Spiraldots didn't do it for me.

Thanks. Please post back and let us know. I just received my IT03s last night and tried all the tips and only found one pair that I could get to seal properly. The largest black/non-translucent pair that are longest front to back.

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #2,268 of 3,344
  If you search the thread for "spinfit", you may find my successful story.

Thanks, I found your post on this. I bought the Spinfit M and L CP100s as well but thought I would try the stock tips to determine what works best for me, then listen a while and try the Spinfit. Just looking at them in the package it appears the bore hole is not as wide as the stock tips so without listening yet, was concerned they would alter the tuning.

Have you tried any other tips besides stock Spinfit?

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #2,269 of 3,344
Thanks, I found your post on this. I bought the Spinfit M and L CP100s as well but thought I would try the stock tips to determine what works best for me, then listen a while and try the Spinfit. Just looking at them in the package it appears the bore hole is not as wide as the stock tips so without listening yet, was concerned they would alter the tuning.

Imo spin fit and comply change the sound too much. I use Sony hybrids on my iT03 and really like them. Usually I like spiral dots as they just get out of the way and let the iem do their thing, and the Sony pushed right down don't cover the iem at all. Very comfy too.

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #2,270 of 3,344

No. For my ears, Spinfit M+IT03 is a wonderful combination! I just don't know what can be improved.

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #2,271 of 3,344
Imo spin fit and comply change the sound too much. I use Sony hybrids on my iT03 and really like them. Usually I like spiral dots as they just get out of the way and let the iem do their thing, and the Sony pushed right down don't cover the iem at all. Very comfy too.

Good info, because I definitely don't want to alter the original tuning. I may order the Spiral Dots and also give the Sony hybrids a try. This is what I found on Amazon, Hybrid Replacement Set Earbuds Eartips for Sony XBA , MDR and Dr Series In-ear Earphone Headsets, 12 Pcs S/m/l. Would that be correct?

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #2,272 of 3,344
Spinfit wasn't good for me.  Felt the upper mids and the rest of the highs got a bit congested.  Tried more than 10 pairs of other tips, I ended up with the stock wide bore tips, medium size.  Best fit for me, mids and treble sounded more open.  As we all have different ear anatomy, best is to try which one feels and sounds the best for you.

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,273 of 3,344
Good info, because I definitely don't want to alter the original tuning. I may order the Spiral Dots and also give the Sony hybrids a try. This is what I found on Amazon, Hybrid Replacement Set Earbuds Eartips for Sony XBA , MDR and Dr Series In-ear Earphone Headsets, 12 Pcs S/m/l. Would that be correct?

Spiral Dots don't fit tight on the it03 and come off in my ear. I get the Sony hybrids on ebay.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #2,274 of 3,344
There's a large difference between brand new Spiral dot and an old pair that I had from my JVC HA-FX850 (about 3 years old).
The old pair is a bit distended and tends to come off too easily. The new pair fits nicely.

Unfortunately, silicon doesn't last forever...

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #2,275 of 3,344
There's a large difference between brand new Spiral dot and an old pair that I had from my JVC HA-FX850 (about 3 years old).
The old pair is a bit distended and tends to come off too easily. The new pair fits nicely.

Unfortunately, silicon doesn't last forever...

This is with new spirals. They fit and work, but they come off just a little too easy. The Sony hybrids are on there rock solid.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #2,278 of 3,344
  Where is the best place to purchase the spiral dots, ebay sent from Japan?

Yes, it takes a week or 2, but if you need the large size like me, it's pretty much your only option.
I could only find S and M size in shops in Singapore, and no retailers in Europe.

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #2,280 of 3,344
I have tried spiral dots and spinfits, spinfits seem to isolate really poorly for me (yes, I have tried other sizes of tips and I have checked that I put them correctly on the it03), to give an example when no music is playing I can hear the sound of my shoe scraping against the floor, for spiral dots they isolate better for me. I also found that the spinfits enhanced the treble a little too much for me, so I will be sticking to my spiral dots. Anyone else have isolation problems with spinfits? Although I really like the increased clarity that comes with the enhanced treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back