I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Mar 8, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #1,516 of 1,630
How would I install this over the original and would it be easy to uninstall and revert back to the first russian firmware?

I like the description of it being spacious, but not sure if I want the sound to be brighter.

Just put the update file in root of R10, it will detect as firmware update, no need to uninstall anything.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #1,519 of 1,630
It doesn't matter if the firmware is old or new. The R10 will just detect it. Unlike other devices, it does not force you to install newer firmware only.

I've gone back and forth with old and new firmware several times.

so do you delete the previous and just drag and drop the new firmware? I never got the program (to change the firmware) to work...

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #1,520 of 1,630
so do you delete the previous and just drag and drop the new firmware? I never got the program (to change the firmware) to work...

^  as said, you just need to drag the firmware you want to install to root and it will automatically install that firmware and overwrite the other. What's program?

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #1,521 of 1,630
Installed the latest non-IEM Soundexplosion Russian fw. Reason why I didn't want the IEM version is the version of slightly bright, which is not ideal when paired with a very resolving pair of headphones since the R10 already exhibits some of the infamous Sabre glare with the stock fw.

The new fw is amazing. Functions twice as fast. Still too early to tell, but SQ seems to have improved. Not tremendously, but not subtle as well.

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #1,522 of 1,630
HaS anyone here tried to drive it with HE-500 or 6? need some impressions ( i know it won't compete with monster amp..)  i'm planning to get HE-560

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #1,523 of 1,630
  R10 / DX100 SOUND EXPLOSION IEM EDITION BY DOC2008

- from SE V2.1.1 firmware differs only sound - I did not like the sound of version 2.1.1 (which I was happy with all Denon 5000) on my new Earsonics SM3 v2. with this firmware gag listen IMHO was much nicer (in my earplugs sound plague ) - for full-size headphones are not particularly test - without thinking quite normal - Installation: put on the R10 as a normal firmware on the DX100 with the native firmware - instruction in the header. after installing the conventional way of doing factory reset. when you install from the computer reset to do. DOWNLOAD

Hey there is an updated version of Russian FW on 5/2/15 for IEM!

I'm trying this now!

Where to download the new Russian FW?

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #1,524 of 1,630
^ the link is in the lne ;|

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #1,525 of 1,630
^ up, the topic seems to be dead. Has anyone here tried to mod R10? Still looking for answer for my last question, how does R10 pair with HE-560, any impression? 

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #1,526 of 1,630
R10/DX100 SOUND EXPLOSION V4 BY DOC2008
  - Assembled a new firmware and put it on the R10 for the first time "depends". listen to the third hour, and I can not understand, like the new sound or not. had still not decided - the country received sound. as if the other player is playing.
- Who will test this firmware - unsubscribe later. it will be interesting to compare the experience of the sound of the new firmware. )

СКАЧАТЬ

V4 is out few days ago. Sound wise is different from V3 ,V2. You will be having mixed exp with this firmware, but its great to experiment new sound

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #1,527 of 1,630
im back to my stock 8.0.2. i felt the the russian f/w , made vocals too forward, thinning out the bass. It was enjoying at first, but after some time, i felt songs just felt strange. it didnt had the R10 sound, the sound which i paid close to 700USD for. this is based solely on my opinion.

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,528 of 1,630
  im back to my stock 8.0.2. i felt the the russian f/w , made vocals too forward, thinning out the bass. It was enjoying at first, but after some time, i felt songs just felt strange. it didnt had the R10 sound, the sound which i paid close to 700USD for. this is based solely on my opinion.

He has other firmware that are not alternating the sound
- Clear sound ver.
- Optima ver.
that were before he made Sound Explosion series. 

BTW Which version of Sound Explosion did you install? they differ from each other, if you are on V3, it's well known pushing treble and vocal forward. V2 is known for bass...etc

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #1,529 of 1,630
  He has other firmware that are not alternating the sound
- Clear sound ver.
- Optima ver.
that were before he made Sound Explosion series. 

BTW Which version of Sound Explosion did you install? they differ from each other, if you are on V3, it's well known pushing treble and vocal forward. V2 is known for bass...etc

I installed V3 and like the improved sound and speed. Might try V4 but your post has me interested in the earlier versions. However, I'm  weary of downloading all the different versions spread across the web.

Is it possible for someone to post links for all versions (perhaps all from a single, trusted mirror)?

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #1,530 of 1,630
http://www.head-fi.org/t/759682/ibasso-hdp-r10-es9018-sillicon-case-screen-protector-modded-firmware-price-drops
Selling my R10 with all accessories, case and screen protector.
Feel bad to let it go but really broke now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back