I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Jun 21, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #1,548 of 1,630
  Is it still worth to get this DAP ? Considering it's slow OS 2.3.1 

I think so, it has the best sound of all my daps, including my AK120II. Granted, the internal amp helps as well.

I don't take it out that much anymore, as I  prefer to take out the more portable AK120ii,  but when I do listen to it, I'm always impressed.

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,549 of 1,630

I think so, it has the best sound of all my daps, including my AK120II. Granted, the internal amp helps as well.

I don't take it out that much anymore, as I  prefer to take out the more portable AK120ii,  but when I do listen to it, I'm always impressed.

It would works as a USB Dac as well right if I'm to connect to the Window Pc? 

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #1,550 of 1,630
Hi guys. I'm considering getting a HDP-R10 but have some questions.

• Is the UI buggy/laggy?
  • How is the digital out? (I may use it as a transport for my hugo at times)

Thanks in advance!

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #1,551 of 1,630
The UI is much quicker and less buggy when running the Russian made firmware discussed earlier in the thread. Although bluetooth and the google play store don't seem to work unless you use the stock firmware (I never used those features anyway; less stuff getting in the way of the R10's great sound).

I tried the digital out to my idsd micro and they sounded superb. Just make sure you're using native playback. I had my R10 set to upsample everything to 176/192khz and that caused some stuttering via the digital out.

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #1,552 of 1,630
  The UI is much quicker and less buggy when running the Russian made firmware discussed earlier in the thread. Although bluetooth and the google play store don't seem to work unless you use the stock firmware (I never used those features anyway; less stuff getting in the way of the R10's great sound).

I tried the digital out to my idsd micro and they sounded superb. Just make sure you're using native playback. I had my R10 set to upsample everything to 176/192khz and that caused some stuttering via the digital out.

Thanks for the response! So what player are you using for the R10?

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #1,554 of 1,630
There are plenty of nice customized firmware on russian site, here it is http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=106177
Basically one guy used stock firmware to optimize it. Some useless stuff just excluded from booting, it helps save battery. I use one of them, sound much better than stock firmware.

PS:
oops, seems topic is raised already.

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #1,555 of 1,630
Hi has anyone got the link handy for the latest official firmware? Search does not give me the post where I can find the link. I can only find 8.0.2 from Hibino's website. I believe there is a later version after 8.0.2 if I'm not mistaken. thanks

EDIT:

I found this post. Please tell me if this is not the latest.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/607423/i-basso-hdp-r-10-is-ibasso-dx-100-japan-version-impressions-thread/1215#post_10629648

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,556 of 1,630
I just compared AK100ii with HDP-R10. I just found out that the amount of difference between the two players varies depending on the song being played. My overall preference/bias is towards a flat or balanced sounding headphone. No one part of the curve dominates and I appreciate the most a clear and a very good detail resolution . I can also appreciate a subtle U-shaped signature or something a bit brighter depending on music (but mostly by mood).

For the comparison, I used my Beyerdynamic T51p and used the following tracks for comparison.

Jigsaw falling into place - Radiohead
Back in Black - ACDC
Two Princess - Spin Doctors
Drive - R.E.M.

Volume is level-matched using the decibel 10th app in iPhone. I used 2 different methods for comparison. First is just the plain old quick switching (plug/unplugging directly to each DAPs 3.5mm jack) while the same track are playing on both players at the same time. For the second method, I used an AV selector so I can quickly switch between sources with my eyes closed.

Using an AV selector (2nd method), the differences are noticeably narrower than the 1st method but consistent nonetheless.

With the Radiohead and R.EM.'s tracks HDP-R10's bass iswell-controlled, tight and has more weight and impact, while the AK100ii has a slightly boomy bass in contrast. The clarity and detail resolution is also better in R10 especially in the mids and highs. The quality of cymbal crashes for example sounded more pleasing and natural to my ears on R10. Instrument separation and soundstage presentation is well-paced in R10. AK100ii seems to have a flat stage lacking depth and not so well defined separation. The R10 has noticeable deeper stage. AK100ii tends to sound brighter than R10 especially on the chorus part of the R.E.M. song.

With ACDC, the gap in the areas mentioned above have become closer to a point that it's very subtle and I had to replay a part of the track several times to get an impression. However, the soundstage and clarity of detail resolution still favors the R10.

With the Spin Doctor track's thunderous bass and somewhat laid back highs, the R10 and AK100ii are toe to toe. I can't seem to discern any difference with method 2.

Overall, the R10's tonality sound more accurate and solid to my ear while the AK100ii has somewhat thinner and hollow tone in comparison.

I think it's obvious that I prefer the R10 over AK100ii SQ-wise. However, every other aspect (size, UI, design, functionality, battery life) favors AK100ii. The R10, which has plenty of output options and the ability to power high impedance load like the T1 makes a very good bedside Player. While the AK100i wins as a portable DAP.

Aug 21, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #1,559 of 1,630
HELP!

Has anyone having issues with bluetooth connection (I'm on V9.0.3) ? I cant seem to pair and connect it with bluetooth devices like my macbook air and a number of bluetooth speakers. ANy thoughts on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back